Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

finger drumming on iphone. best app

I’m tired of drum machines. i just want to drum out the rhythms i have in my head and not program them when on the go. ipads have some really nice drum apps for finger drumming. but
what are some your favorite iphone apps that let you just finger drum out your drum parts?

Comments

• @eross said:
    I’m tired of drum machines. i just want to drum out the rhythms i have in my head and not program them when on the go. ipads have some really nice drum apps for finger drumming. but
    what are some your favorite iphone apps that let you just finger drum out your drum parts?

Impaktor

• i have that one, and love it, but it’s kind of hard to do in a place that is either to noisey, or need to be quiet. but excellent suggestion. thanks

• I use Samplebot for finger drumming on iPhone.

• samplebot... cool....ill check that one out. > @lukesleepwalker said:

I use Samplebot for finger drumming on iPhone.

• DrumJam is pretty great

• is impc2 for iphone anygood?

• @eross said:
    is impc2 for iphone any good?

Meh. Check out FingerBeat. It is
    Free and very flexible.

• fingerbeat? that’s still a thing, that is the very first ios music app i ever bought. i did t think it was still available.. cool thanks

• i like the mutitibral pads feature. is it audiobus compatible? > @eross said:

fingerbeat? that’s still a thing, that is the very first ios music app i ever bought. i did t think it was still available.. cool thanks

• @eross said:
    i like the mutitibral pads feature. is it audiobus compatible? > @eross said:

fingerbeat? that’s still a thing, that is the very first ios music app i ever bought. i did t think it was still available.. cool thanks

I just recently used it with AB. It has nice AB support including separate transport buttons for its sequencer and tape recorder in the AB palette.

FB is great.

• awesome!> @espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

I just recently used it with AB. It has nice AB support including separate transport buttons for its sequencer and tape recorder in the AB palette.

FB is great.

• This is being updated

Drums by Asrodot by Arno VAN GOCH

I’m sorry, I’ve just realized that I don’t know how to share links from the AppStore on my iPad

• it looks updated and way cooler than i remembered. what does the in app purchases open up? > @espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

FB is great.

• @tiantong said:
    This is being updated

Drums by Asrodot by Arno VAN GOCH

I’m sorry, I’ve just realized that I don’t know how to share links from the AppStore on my iPad

now worries i’ll find it on the app store. thanks

• edited June 2019

not exactly a drum app, but I found that GeoShred is quite good for finger drumming. Using its MIDI output. Slight pitch bending is nice for drum sounds.

Edit: ups, for iPad only. Well I guess one can do the same with Drumjam anyway.

• @eross said:
    it looks updated and way cooler than i remembered. what does the in app purchases open up? > @espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

FB is great.

It is completely free. At this point, the IAP is just a way to give money to the developer. All features are unlocked now. I think when it went free, he didn't rip out the existing IAP code.

• agh yeah, that sounds interesting > @Phil999 said:

not exactly a drum app, but I found that GeoShred is quite good for finger drumming. Using its MIDI output. Slight pitch bending is nice for drum sounds.

• What about Koala?

• @rumorazzi said:
    What about Koala?

koala is pretty sweet. i’ve been jamming on that a lot lately.

• Remixlive is probably worth a look too.

• i’ll check it out. thanks > @BiancaNeve said:

Remixlive is probably worth a look too.

• can you load your > @BiancaNeve said:

Remixlive is probably worth a look too.

own samples into it?

• @Phil999 said:

Could you do the same with GeoSynth? Which does work on the phone.

• @audiblevideo said:

@Phil999 said:

how do you set it up. is there a GM drum layout, or did you have to setup a custom layout

• @audiblevideo said:

actually I meant GeoSynth, that's the app I once used in a great session with a bass player and a sax player. And I was the one who defined the tempo. And indeed, there's a version for iPhone, although - as it seems - as a separate purchase.

But again, I guess one can do finger drumming with many apps, including pitch bend. I was just remembering this session many years ago where GeoSynth was used, and that it sounded absolutely great. At that time it was rather unusual to play the main rhythmic part with a tablet, rigidly attached to a window frame with a K&M iPad holder, hammering on the glass surface like crazy, and producing such an interesting rhythm.

• @audiblevideo said:

@Phil999 said:

Good news...
    GeoShred is compatible with the iPhone.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There are a lot of great apps above. But, if you're talking about classic 16-pad finger drumming (a la Mad Zach), none of them will do. For example, I use my MidiFighter or QuNeo to drum with a 4x4 grid on Groove Rider.

I have some recommendations for apps that will get you what you want, with different pros and cons:

iMaschine 2
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/imaschine-2/id989330818

16 pads right in the center of the phone. Easy to load samples. Decent starter kit plus IAPs. Plus, import your own sounds.

iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone (or the old cheap version of iMPC)
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/impc-pro-2-for-iphone/id1413887036

May be overkill for what you want, but the most authentic MPC experience on iPhone.

BeatHawk
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id839563064

Love the sounds in this app, but many of them go beyond classic finger drumming samples.

MidiStudio (there's also a pro version)
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-studio/id519720275

Had a DrumPad you can configure.

ChordPolyPad
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chordpolypad/id694599930

If you don't have this for triggering chords, you should. It's fun to finger drum chords. But, you can also create 1-note "chords" on each pad to correspond to a drum note to trigger a kit in another drum app, sample app or soundfont player. Also, it has a full screen mode, but the pads become rectangular.

Good luck.

• Velocity Keyboard
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/velocity-keyboard/id1462605052

This midi controller app - with a configurable X x Y drumpad layout is simply fantastic. The velocity sensing algorithm works very well, at least for my playing style. And you can fine tune the velocity curve etc. to your liking. I am using it mainly on the iPad with BM3 (pads mapped to focus actions), but I would imagine it works just as well on the iphone to send midi to other apps.