Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loads of cool apps on Sale -- June 2019

Comments

• @Daveypoo said:

@MonzoPro said:
    No buyers regrets as with a bit of work you can get good stuff from it, but it’s not something I really needed to get.

I agree - this isn't a synth anyone NEEDS, but I really like how fun, weird and unique it is. I like the chimeyness aspect of it and it's both fun to play and to play with.

I wonder how much it would add to Laplace. Looks totally different and theoretically more powerful but when I listen to the sounds, it's very similar to Laplace.
    What do others think?

• @jassy said:

@oat_phipps said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Bootsy said:

@klownshed said:

@Bootsy said:
    Is 11.99 the sale price for klevgrand revamp?

Yeah. It’s usually $19.99

https://appsliced.co/app?n=reamp&l=list

Thanks, I'll take it. 😃 seems like everyone here likes this better than stark?

Reamp and Stark are different beasts. Reamp is a preamp sim and has had generally positive reviews for adding some saturation/warmth to a signal.

Stark is a guitar amp and effects simulation and has had mixed reviews with most of the positive reviews coming from people that care more about it being an AU than the simulation quality. Some like the effects with the caveat that they aren't using it for realism. Stark's weakest link seems to be the speaker simulation as the results sound a lot better if run through a good speaker sim.

Stark sounds much better with a ReAmp in front of it. I admit I haven't experimented enough to suss out if this is just ReAmp being awesome. But I've found some real free time for the first time in a while to just play around with no worries, and I like what I've got. Almost zero sleep for two days could have something to do with it as well. Maybe I'm on to something, maybe not, I guess my conclusion is, god I'm spaced. I wish you all proper rest.

Im a long time guitar player i have all the IOS guitar apps and a lot of hardware guitar processors (kemper, fractal, Roland).
    Purchased Stark this sale, I use Midi Guitar with my IOS devices and needed an AU guitar processor, so I listened to the demos of Stark and they seemed very good (jazz, clean and semi clean) so I bought it immediately.
    But after using it for a while I am very disappointed, the sound is muddy, nasal and unnatural, really disappointing. I even have come to suspect that the demos have not been made with Stark but not with another different processor, because they sound good to me, I dont understand how that much discrepancy is possible.
    Any of my IOS guitar processors sounds much better, let's not say my hardware processors.
    I hope they improve the quality or I will have to put a very low note in the app store comments.

I agree with the 'nasal' description. It's not like it's too trebly, it's just too thin. And then reducing the treble or adding bass, again like you say, only makes it muddy. So frustrating to play with a Telecaster and not being able to get the proper twang out of it.

• @hisdudeness: I don't think all the iOS sims sound terrible. ToneStack, the Bias apps, and AmpliTube are all capable of creating some nice simulations if one sticks to their sweet spots . None of them creates an arbitrarily good sim of an arbitrarily wide range of tones.

In their sweet spots in a mix, I think most people (even guitarists) wouldn't notice that the guitar was being run through a sim rather than an amp. (I don't think this is true of stark on its own, though.)

But, I would add that none of them are as satisfying as being in a room playing a guitar through a good amp. But that is generally true if good amps, too. Being in a room with the amp is a different experience from being in a control room with your amp in another and listening on cans or through studio monitors.

Some tones they don't do convincingly. Using the Celestion IRs in Bias makes a huge difference in Bias. And maybe all the sims would benefit from being run through a good cabinet IR. @flo26 did a nice demonstration that Stark sounded a lot better when run through a good cabinet IR.

• Anyone know if we’re able to add IRS to AltiSpace?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Anyone know if we’re able to add IRS to AltiSpace?

You can. The free fiddlicator can also.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @hisdudeness: I don't think all the iOS sims sound terrible. ToneStack, the Bias apps, and AmpliTube are all capable of creating some nice simulations if one sticks to their sweet spots . None of them creates an arbitrarily good sim of an arbitrarily wide range of tones.

In their sweet spots in a mix, I think most people (even guitarists) wouldn't notice that the guitar was being run through a sim rather than an amp. (I don't think this is true of stark on its own, though.)

But, I would add that none of them are as satisfying as being in a room playing a guitar through a good amp. But that is generally true if good amps, too. Being in a room with the amp is a different experience from being in a control room with your amp in another and listening on cans or through studio monitors.

Some tones they don't do convincingly. Using the Celestion IRs in Bias makes a huge difference in Bias. And maybe all the sims would benefit from being run through a good cabinet IR. @flo26 did a nice demonstration that Stark sounded a lot better when run through a good cabinet IR.

Ampsim aim to reproduce recorded guitar sound not in the room sound. Maybe that would be a good idea for a business. 😉

• edited June 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    @hisdudeness: I don't think all the iOS sims sound terrible. ToneStack, the Bias apps, and AmpliTube are all capable of creating some nice simulations if one sticks to their sweet spots . None of them creates an arbitrarily good sim of an arbitrarily wide range of tones.

I can live with some IOS amp sims, I even like mobile pod (not seems the most popular around here), but talking about Stark there is something strange and very dissapointing in the sound produced. I hope they can fix/improve it soon, because its the only AU amp sim at this time and that is an advantage for the moment. It is probably a minor problem.
    About running Stark through some good cabinet IR what options are there?

• Holy crap I’m glad I got Reamp. It sounds so warm and delicious

• @jassy said:

@espiegel123 said:

I can live with some IOS amp sims, I even like mobile pod, but talking about Stark there is something strange and very dissapointing in the sound produced. I hope they can improve it soon, because its the only AU amp sim at this time and that is an advantage for the moment.

There are a number of apps that can run IRs: AltiSpace, iConvolver, Fiddlicator. Many people rave about the IR cabs from Ownhammer.

• @espiegel123 said:

@jassy said:

@espiegel123 said:

I can live with some IOS amp sims, I even like mobile pod, but talking about Stark there is something strange and very dissapointing in the sound produced. I hope they can improve it soon, because its the only AU amp sim at this time and that is an advantage for the moment.

There are a number of apps that can run IRs: AltiSpace, iConvolver, Fiddlicator. Many people rave about the IR cabs from Ownhammer.

Thank you

• That feeling when you see a list of sales and realize you own everything listed. 😭

• @oat_phipps said:
    I agree with the 'nasal' description. It's not like it's too trebly, it's just too thin. And then reducing the treble or adding bass, >again like you say, only makes it muddy. So frustrating to play with a Telecaster and not being able to get the proper twang out >of it.

Better off getting these super cheap Joyo all analog amp sim pedals at around US$35 each:

• @chris_foster said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I agree with the 'nasal' description. It's not like it's too trebly, it's just too thin. And then reducing the treble or adding bass, >again like you say, only makes it muddy. So frustrating to play with a Telecaster and not being able to get the proper twang out >of it.

Better off getting these super cheap Joyo all analog amp sim pedals at around US$35 each:

Yes that pedal is a bargain, and one of the best investments you can make for getting decent tones into an iPad. It's way better than any of the iOS amp sims.

Another really good bang-for-buck is the Behringer Tube Screamer clone, it's about £20 and is a great way of getting dirtier tones on a budget, again much better than the amp sims.

• @chris_foster said:

@oat_phipps said:

Wow, thank you. I'll look into it, and at that price, probably order it today

• @oat_phipps said:
    Wow, thank you. I'll look into it, and at that price, probably order it today

Almost got me to buy more hardware. I decided to get the Kat Bass Drum pedal trigger instead with my gift card
    and buy more guitar strings of a heavier gauge. I'm sick of the thin 9 high E string tone and will see if my hands are ready
    to play 10's. Playing bar chords close to the nut is still hard for me. I've decided to focus on learning stretch triads to sound
    better with my chord work.

RE: Apps on sale. I recommend:

KRFT (Universal) for $4.
    Auria Pro $25 (then you can get the FF plug-ins that have side-chain support in this DAW)
    Cubasis $24

I'm coveting the iMPC Pro apps:

iMPC Pro for iPhone $5 someone wrote it still loads on the iPad but has the tiny GUI
    iMPC Pro for "not an iPhone" $13

and

LumaFusion $15 (video editing on the iPad? Then I'll need more Storage FAST).

• @White said:
    Mellotronics Streetlytron Pro

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1447100877

Streetlytron '63 Edition

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1394220877

If only it was AUv3

• edited June 2019

@ecou said:

@White said:
    Mellotronics Streetlytron Pro

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1447100877

Streetlytron '63 Edition

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1394220877

If only it was AUv3

It is meant to be happening.

• edited June 2019

Koder is free atm - a handy editor for your scripts, notes, configs, whatever.
    Does not support binary plist files unfortunately (no editing of MOZAIC files) but it supports (S)FTP, WebDAV, Dropbox and it even has an SSH terminal client built-in.

https://apps.apple.com/en/app/koder-code-editor/id1447489375

• edited June 2019

Audiokit: Digital D1 Synth

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1436905540

• edited June 2019

Yonac apps $0.99 Right Now! ONE DAY ONLY
    IAPs for Tonestack + Steel Guitar are on sale too.
    You only need Motherload v1.0, Expansion v2.0 + Expansion v3.0 for Tonestack and you've got the whole enchilada.. :)

Kaspar
    Kauldron
    Galileo Organ
    Galileo Organ 2
    Magellan
    Magellan Jr
    ToneStack

https://appsliced.co/apps?sort=latest&threshold=all&price=paid&l=nav&cat[]=6011

• @royor said:
    Yonac apps $0.99 Right Now!
    IAPs for Tonestack + Steel Guitar are on sale too.
    You only need Motherload v1.0, Expansion v2.0 + Expansion v3.0 for Tonestack and you've got the whole enchilada.. :)

Kaspar
    Kauldron
    Galileo Organ
    Galileo Organ 2
    Magellan
    Magellan Jr
    ToneStack

https://appsliced.co/apps?sort=latest&threshold=all&price=paid&l=nav&cat[]=6011

Kaspar is a superb synth and at 99 cents is a steal. Grab it if you don't have it

• Oh wow sellers are jumping in before the July 4th mayhem!

• And my PayPal account is rejected , plus my debit , without reason.... :(

• Blimey. That ended up being a lot of cool apps for sale in one month.

My bank balance doesn't seem to reflect the huge savings I've made ;-)