Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

Comments

• @david_2017 said:
    Give me some space for a noob question: these Moduls are routed with cables in a modular context. How do we route it as AUv3. A question that arose beside all thought about GUI ;)

The AUv3 is the oscillator or effect, an LFO, an envelope, and a mod matrix that lets you route (modifier A) * (modifier B) * (depth) to an output slot. Plus MIDI CC control of parameters for external control or sequencing.

Also some dedicated modulation slots for LFO and envelope so you dont always have to program the full mod matrix slot.

• @burns_audio
    There's a separate mix between out and aux for both left and right outputs, and the "left source" and "right source" parameters are assignable outputs in the mod matrix, so you can do things like have the LFO or envelope mix between aux and out differently for each ear creating cool stereo effects.

:heart:

• @dendy said:

@burns_audio
    There's a separate mix between out and aux for both left and right outputs, and the "left source" and "right source" parameters are assignable outputs in the mod matrix, so you can do things like have the LFO or envelope mix between aux and out differently for each ear creating cool stereo effects.

:heart:

Indeed!

Wonder how fast the LFOs(if more than one) can go and can their start-phase be set and controlled?
    If the LFOs are 'insanely fast' keyboard note-tracking could be a nice 'speed source' :)

Will the envelopes have a 'curve control' making it easy to create 'snappy' percussion sounds?

I do feel a custom LFO waveform (ie. a simplified step-value-list with interpolation on/off) as a modulation source might be out of scope.

No we'll just have to wait til it drops :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

Finished basic MIDI CC handling today. With that I'm done most of the core features for first release and can bring the other AU's up to speed.

• @burns_audio said:

Finished basic MIDI CC handling today. With that I'm done most of the core features for first release and can bring the other AU's up to speed.

Looking and sounding good.

• @burns_audio said:

Amazing work!

I will have to buy Apematrix.....

• edited June 2019

Tons still to do, but I got Clouds running so that's nice :)

• @burns_audio said:

Tons still to do, but I got Clouds running so that's nice :)

Nice job!

• Eta on these? I couldn't keep up after page 2-🤣

• @reasOne said:
    Eta on these? I couldn't keep up after page 2-🤣

The first four by the end of June :)

• The wait for these apps is killing me.

• @slicetwo said:
    The wait for these apps is killing me.

Me too :)
    They are supposed to drop before end of June?

• @Samu said:

@slicetwo said:
    The wait for these apps is killing me.

Me too :)
    They are supposed to drop before end of June?

So I have heard.

• What in the hell are these? I just watched those 2 videos and these seem incredible. Never heard of em. Happily await them.

• FPCFPC
    edited June 2019

Don't know how embed a YouTube clip but watch this clouds demo, it's beautiful

Edit: that was easy!

• @FPC said:
    Nope. It's me now!

So happy to hear this news. I absolutely love clouds and was recently looking at buying the hardware. I'll put that on hold now.

Huge thanks to the dev of these. Very exciting.

Clouds (and most of the other MI modules ) requires a lot of modulation to reach its full potential. Ios is not there yet wrt modulation sources.

• @EyeOhEss said:
    These + Drambo are going to make for a very different iOS landscape for myself over the next months. Exciting horizon :)

Drambo will be released any day now (and Mexico is gonna pay for it!).

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FPC said:
    Nope. It's me now!

So happy to hear this news. I absolutely love clouds and was recently looking at buying the hardware. I'll put that on hold now.

Clouds (and most of the other MI modules ) requires a lot of modulation to reach its full potential. Ios is not there yet wrt modulation sources.

For LFOs apeMatrix could be a good host.

But I agree - I keep hoping someone will make a MI Stages / Make Noise Maths / Befaco Rampage app or script in Mozaic / StreamByter. iOS really needs a good function generator app for controlling all these audio apps....

• @aplourde said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@FPC said:
    Nope. It's me now!

But I agree - I keep hoping someone will make a MI Stages / Make Noise Maths / Befaco Rampage app or script in Mozaic / StreamByter. iOS really needs a good function generator app for controlling all these audio apps....

I’ve heard that iVCS3 has its individual components broken out as AUs. I’ve wondered if the EG might be useful in an independent context, but don’t own the app to test that out.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@aplourde said:

@FPC said:
    Nope. It's me now!

I’ve heard that iVCS3 has its individual components broken out as AUs. I’ve wondered if the EG might be useful in an independent context, but don’t own the app to test that out.

In iVCS3 the components are available broken out (as well as the full synth), however the EG doesn’t do what one might hope (an envelope generator the outputs a control signal). Rather, it’s really an envelope generator paired with a VCA that affects the audio signal passing through it. This can be useful for shaping audio, but doesn’t output a control signal to affect the parameters of a different app. You could run a steady tone into this and then pair it with FAC Envolver to get MIDI output, but that’s rather tedious for a MIDI EG!

BTW, iVCS3 is a great synth; you can get some classic “BBC Radiophonic Workshop” tones out of it!

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @aplourde said:

@aplourde said:

@FPC said:
    Nope. It's me now!

In iVCS3 the components are available broken out (as well as the full synth), however the EG doesn’t do what one might hope (an envelope generator the outputs a control signal). Rather, it’s really an envelope generator paired with a VCA that affects the audio signal passing through it. This can be useful for shaping audio, but doesn’t output a control signal to affect the parameters of a different app. You could run a steady tone into this and then pair it with FAC Envolver to get MIDI output, but that’s rather tedious for a MIDI EG!

BTW, iVCS3 is a great synth; you can get some classic “BBC Radiophonic Workshop” tones out of it!

I love that they made it broken out like that. Not that I don't enjoy the full shebang but the components are quite useful by themselves.

• Can't be far away now :)

• ✋ 💰 Ready

• Looking good! Although I actually liked the sliders better now that I see the direct comparison.