Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify – An introduction

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to take a minute to post here on the Audiobus forums so that I can introduce myself. My name is Andrew, and I am the new Customer Support & Experience Co-ordinator for Ampify. In my short time with the company, I have been asked via email by numerous members of these forums to have a more direct involvement with the community here. As such, I just wanted to make my presence known to you all and to say that I will be monitoring here regularly for feedback, questions, comments, and concerns, and will do my best to answer with as much clarity, transparency, and speed as possible.

I also know that last time we posted on these forums some of you were perhaps let down or confused by a lack of dialogue. Obviously, that is not the effect we intended to have, and, as a result, part of my role at Ampify will be making sure that I help maintain lines of communication with you all and to advocate on your behalf within the company.

Looking forward to speaking with you all.

Best,
Andrew

Comments

• @AmpifyxNovation I'll take this opportunity mention that do NOT forget the old 'LaunchKey.app' (the Synth) that is still awesome but could use some love and care (ie. unlock the full potential of the synth-engine and make it an AUv3).

I sent a support e-mail long time ago to Novation and the future of the app was then uncertain and it's not been update in ages(That way before 'Ampify' was even born).

It would be sad to see the DSP code get wasted and forgotten as the architecture was pretty close to a 'Virtual Mini Nova'.
    I would not mind paying for the app again...

• Hi Andrew- welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new job- I hope it all works out well for you.
    I would like to ask- some sort of filing system for organising all the clips in Blocs Wave was promised a long time ago- is this currently being worked on? Also when importing to Blocs Wave from Audioshare- a pop up appears saying that this type of file is not supported (even though it is- being a wave file) it takes a couple of presses to get rid of it- not a deal breaker but quite annoying and needless. Also it may put off new users by giving them the wrong message.
    Are there any new synths planned for Groovebox?
    Will Groovebox ever have automation?

• Welcome to the forum Andrew.

• Welcome, Andrew! Thanks for taking the time to come here and introduce yourself to us; it really makes a difference.

Now, if you could just feed back to the team regarding my frustrations around the Groovebox piano roll note-length editing and the ability to save your own synth presets, that would be a magnificent start to our relationship :)

• Welcome man! Thanks for that intro and again congrats on that new job!

I wanna say that groovebox is a great machine and most of us here enjoy many things about it... And we also feel it has the potential to be one of the best apps in its class, and even surpass everything like it.

If you're wanting to hear the ideas we have we are more than willing to share them😁😁 either in a post or thru messaging.... Looking forward to having you around .

• Thanks all for the warm welcome. I will follow up with you shortly (hopefully this afternoon) on feature requests mentioned in the thread. @reasOne of course you are free to message me directly, or post here, regarding any ideas you may have!

• @AmpifyxNovation Hi Andrew, welcome. This unruly largely friendly mob is a terrific (and free!) resource for everything from development ideas to PR help (we talk a lot :) ).....first off from me would be echoing @robosardine as regards the organizing of files/clips/stuff in Blocs. Might seem like dull house-keeping but it's your most engaged users who actually need it the most :)

• @AmpifyxNovation welcome Andrew. Looking forward to hearing more.

• edited June 2019

I'll just make a list of things that myself have mentioned as well as others across this forum for groovebox!
    1. Saving our own presets to use in other projects or instances of an instrument within a track.
    2. The piano roll is zoomed in to far, maybe a pinch to zoom or default it to show 8 bars across, even if you still have to scroll up and down to reach pitches, but to be able to quickly lay down notes across the sequence is a chore wth it's current up close view.
    3. In sections view, have the next sequence you select begin playing at the end of the current bar as opposed to immediately when you touch it.
    4. Like your launch pad launches clips when you press them.. How sweet would that be for groovebox in the sections view... Again touch a clip and it delays start for the next bar.
    5. Song mode. Organize the sequences into a song of at least 16 bars hopefully more, so you can just press play, let it go thru, while you mess with other instruments or effects.
    6. Autosave disabled toggle. I want to save it on my own when im ready, and if I'm working on a song if want to go back to the last save point I should be able to 😁
    7. Drums. The wave form selector should be maybe an asdr so that you can do more than adjust just the end point, but also the attack and release.. Also allow the filter per sound not just as a master filter to the whole set.

That's my main list of things that hold me back quite a bit in groovebox.

I think if you guys released these synths as auv3 you would get a great response from us to buy them up hehe. I doubt having groovebox host au effects is on the table so this is a great alternative, however I do know if it hosted auv3 effects it would bring it to a whole new level

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    Hi Everybody,

I wanted to take a minute to post here on the Audiobus forums so that I can introduce myself. My name is Andrew, and I am the new Customer Support & Experience Co-ordinator for Ampify. In my short time with the company, I have been asked via email by numerous members of these forums to have a more direct involvement with the community here. As such, I just wanted to make my presence known to you all and to say that I will be monitoring here regularly for feedback, questions, comments, and concerns, and will do my best to answer with as much clarity, transparency, and speed as possible.

I also know that last time we posted on these forums some of you were perhaps let down or confused by a lack of dialogue. Obviously, that is not the effect we intended to have, and, as a result, part of my role at Ampify will be making sure that I help maintain lines of communication with you all and to advocate on your behalf within the company.

Looking forward to speaking with you all.

Best,
    Andrew

You may look forward to it now........ ;)

• edited June 2019

Yo Andrew, if you wanna make Blocs dope assed sweet as hell just hit me up for my design specs and we can next level up this beeyatch, peace out yo yo yo.

Welcome.

• Short:

Enhance Launchpad
    Enhance Blocs Wave
    Make Groovebox more open, esp. in regards to MIDI In and Out.

All three fantastic Apps, but stuck.

• This isn't going to end well.

• @mistercharlie said:
    This isn't going to end well.

Aww come on. What could go wrong?

• Hi Andrew and Welcome !

Great to see a promise Matt made last time around being put into action....Better communication !
    I hope this is the start of a deep and meaningful relationship to the benefit of all :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Hi Andrew and Welcome !

Great to see a promise Matt made last time around being put into action....Better communication !
    I hope this is the start of a deep and meaningful relationship to the benefit of all :)

Hi Andy, yes that is the hope!

On that note, before jumping into addressing specific feature requests for the apps, I want to first make a distinction that I hope can serve to clarify the discourse. First, we have a pretty substantial list of requests that are on our radar. By "on our radar" I mean that we are aware of the feature idea/change/request and are discussing the possibility of implementing it. However, things that make it to this stage do not always end up in development (for a variety of reasons). I want to be clear about this because I do not want there to be an interpretation that because we say we are aware of a feature request that it then means we are promising to implement it. We do not want to promise features that we won't deliver on.

That said, I will try to be as upfront as possible about development of requests that directly impact the quality of life experience with our apps. As we move selected feature changes out of the "on our radar" stage and more into development, I will share what news I can, and if things aren't going as you wished then ideally I can provide some insight as to why we made the choices we made.

In terms of our latest round of development, our focus was on rebuilding some things in the background (not exciting, I know, but necessary), and we spent some time working on Launchpad.

It seems there is quite a lot of input on where to take Groovebox and Blocs Wave, and I will more thoroughly respond to those specific features when I get a moment to properly sort through them all.

Best,
    Andrew

• edited June 2019

Hey Andrew, welcome to the Audiobus Community.

With iOS 13 coming I would LOVE to see a more draggy and droppy way to insert samples and loops into blocswave or Launchpad. Right now its a pain in iOS to import them, have them doubled (duplicated), tapping like thousand times to import one sample.

Make your apps ready for the future == >> AUv3 plugins!
    And Midi, but this has been mentioned hundreds of times around here :)

• Didn't this exact thread happen before, with somevody else from Ampify, who said they where going to take all the input and be around, Deja vu.

• @Turntablist said:
    Didn't this exact thread happen before, with somevody else from Ampify, who said they where going to take all the input and be around, Deja vu.

Not to be cynical and jaded but the cynical and jaded part of me (who has seen how the online customer support sausage is often made) many operations have digital avatar names that interact with the public that are in fact just digital avatar names. I would not get too hung up on any specific 'person' who may have been on the forum before. What matters is this is an attempt by the company to engage again.

Anyway, I will play along and welcome 'Andrew' to the forum be they group created digital avatar construct or flesh and blood real human. :)

• @AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:
    Didn't this exact thread happen before, with somevody else from Ampify, who said they where going to take all the input and be around, Deja vu.

Not to be cynical and jaded but the cynical and jaded part of me (who has seen how the online customer support sausage is often made) many operations have digital avatar names that interact with the public that are in fact just digital avatar names. I would not get too hung up on any specific 'person' who may have been on the forum before. What matters is this is an attempt by the company to engage again.

Anyway, I will play along and welcome 'Andrew' to the forum be they group created digital avatar construct or flesh and blood real human. :)

Those two things no man should see in his lifetime, the death of children and how they make sausage....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:

Those two things no man should see in his lifetime, the death of children and how they make sausage....

Ewwww... delicious.

• @AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:

Real. I maybe biased, but no-one called Andrew would be fake :)

• edited June 2019

Just wanna say... I can’t imagine iOS music without Blocs Wave.. would be nice if it was AU..

Thanks..

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:

Real. I maybe biased, but no-one called Andrew would be fake :)

I now see where your allegiance lies... 'Andy'... -_o

• edited June 2019

@RajahP said:
    Just wanna say... I can’t imagine iOS music without Blocs Wave.. would be nice if it was AU..

Thanks..

...and I could turn off time stretching and pitch-shifting on drums to just have nice clean linear interpolation (ie. tape style speed change)... and if you could do double and half speed playback (nice little x2 and /2 buttons)...

If it had this and more drum specific packs (not just those generic drum boosters that seemed to be initially tried) then I would buy packs.

But likely these features go against some brand tenant of things having to simply always sound 'right' and newb music makers don't hear any potentially 'odd' or 'silly stuff' scaring them away.

• Folks. Try to imagine that you are in a room with someone who positively engaged you. Try to return that with positive engagement.

I imagine no one likes having their good faith being questioned. Especially after only introducing themselves.

• edited June 2019

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

...and I could turn off time stretching and pitch-shifting on drums to just have nice clean linear interpolation (ie. tape style speed change)... and if you could do double and half speed playback (nice little x2 and /2 buttons)...

If it had this and more drum specific packs (not just those generic drum boosters that seemed to be initially tried) then I would buy packs.

But likely these features go against some brand tenant of things having to simply always sound 'right' and newb music makers don't hear any potentially 'odd' or 'silly stuff' scaring them away.

Wishing for an ‘Horn’ pack.. and Artist Packs from some of the great musicians here..

Thanks..

• edited June 2019

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Wishing for an ‘Horn’ pack.. and Artist Packs from some of the great musicians here..

Thanks..

yah Horn pack, Ethnic Plucks pack, Chants pack, Analog Bleeps pack, Blues bass pack, etc would be nice. None of this 'Orange Sunset', 'Groove Knight Paradox Village' etc... I don't want a range of stuff within a genre at all either.

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:

Ewwww... delicious.

Just gonna leave this here:

• @espiegel123 said:
    Folks. Try to imagine that you are in a room with someone who positively engaged you. Try to return that with positive engagement.

I imagine no one likes having their good faith being questioned. Especially after only introducing themselves.

Try imagining being in a room where somebody entered and asked you what you wanted, then left, after a while of not getting what you asked for, somebody else enters and asks you what you want.

Nobody is being negative here, boredom is much closer to what some people may feel.