Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• Isn't this the speculation topic before release?
    Would be better if new stuff ends up in the "released" topic, or?

Most people hate to scan multiple topics for the same topic :smiley:

So, pleaseeeee write there: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31507/korg-gadget-2-released

• @enc said:

@recccp said:
    Anyone managed to get ms-20 (Memphis) installed on 6s+?

6s ... yes

Thx for confirmation.
    Still can't see it in the list... :(

• @tja said:
    Isn't this the speculation topic before release?
    Would be better if new stuff ends up in the "released" topic, or?

Most people hate to scan multiple topics for the same topic :smiley:

So, pleaseeeee write there: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31507/korg-gadget-2-released

You're right, I'll blame Google Search this time... :)

• @recccp said:

@enc said:

@recccp said:

6s ... yes

Thx for confirmation.

Have you enabled iCloud Drive?

If you don’t have a “Korg Gadget” folder inside iCloud Drive then you need to save a file to iCloud Drive to make Gadget create the folder.

You do this from the “open” popup thing from the file menu. (Obviously).

Click on a cloud icon — which should be grey — and it will turn blue and you’ll have iCloud Drive enabled.

Restart your iPhone and try again, also making sure your iPad is on the same WiFi network and have it running gadget (I’m not sure if this step is necessary, but it won’t hurt).

The missing gadgets should now be in the list and you’ll be able to remote install.

• @klownshed said:

@recccp said:

@enc said:

@recccp said:

6s ... yes

Thx for confirmation.

Have you enabled iCloud Drive?

If you don’t have a “Korg Gadget” folder inside iCloud Drive then you need to save a file to iCloud Drive to make Gadget create the folder.

You do this from the “open” popup thing from the file menu. (Obviously).

Click on a cloud icon — which should be grey — and it will turn blue and you’ll have iCloud Drive enabled.

Restart your iPhone and try again, also making sure your iPad is on the same WiFi network and have it running gadget (I’m not sure if this step is necessary, but it won’t hurt).

The missing gadgets should now be in the list and you’ll be able to remote install.

Yay... Success!
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know iCloud is needed for installation.
    👍

• Does this work if you’re not the main user account on the iPad, can I just sign in to the App Store on the iPad then download and run Gadget, or do I need to be signed into iCloud on both?

• @GrimLucky said:
    Does this work if you’re not the main user account on the iPad, can I just sign in to the App Store on the iPad then download and run Gadget, or do I need to be signed into iCloud on both?

You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices, and the apps must have been purchased on that account. You should be able to then sign back in with the primary account in the iPad after the remote install. Just guessing though. I’m not gonna try it out. :#

• @GrimLucky said:
    Does this work if you’re not the main user account on the iPad, can I just sign in to the App Store on the iPad then download and run Gadget, or do I need to be signed into iCloud on both?

I think it should ...
    After enabling iCloud on phone and iPad, I’ve shared one project (with Memphis included) from iPad, launched Gadget on the phone, Buy/Remote install Memphis option appeared in the list. Then all you need is to be on the same network, and run Gadget on both iPad and iPhone.

• @wim said:

@GrimLucky said:

You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices, and the apps must have been purchased on that account. You should be able to then sign back in with the primary account in the iPad after the remote install. Just guessing though. I’m not gonna try it out. :#

Thanks, haven’t got ms20 yet but am looking to try this, I’ll back up the iPad to my laptop first in case of any hiccups...

• @recccp said:

Yay... Success!
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know iCloud is needed for installation.
    👍

It had me stumped for a while. Korg mention in the manual you need iCloud drive activated but don't tell you how to actually activate it. Glad it helped :smile:

• So Korg Gadget has just been updated. Bugfixes, and UI improvements. I really don't see the latter, because the grid colour in the note editing window is still the same. Couldn't it be made brighter so I can actually see it @davis_korgrd ?

• Translation from Twitter:

Now, I'm making a demo song for KORG Gadget Otorii, but I re-recognized that the sound effects of the fantasy zone (in Otorii) are still great.

Everyone can use it soon! #GadgetSwitch

• Strikes me as lazy cash grab, recycling old synths from the 80s and 90s and selling it on another platform. If Korg needs development revenue they could just sell us new sample packs for the drum gadgets or a wavetable synth or FX modules. I really can't support Korg if they keep going down this nostalgia path.

• Or an iap to unlock Recife so I can use my own samples.

• Being able to use all samples included in Gadget with all sample based Gadgets would be nice for starters.
    For example use Receife, Amsterdam & London samples in Bilbo, Vancouver and AbuDhabi and vice versa.

Adding a 'user sample oscillators' to Wolfsburg could be an interesting complement to Vancouvers somewhat limited synthesis capabilities...

Hope the Gadget update drops before I go 'off the grid' for a few weeks starting July 1st.

• @Samu said:
    Being able to use all samples included in Gadget with all sample based Gadgets would be nice for starters.
    For example use Receife, Amsterdam & London samples in Bilbo, Vancouver and AbuDhabi and vice versa.

Adding a 'user sample oscillators' to Wolfsburg could be an interesting complement to Vancouvers somewhat limited synthesis capabilities...

Hope the Gadget update drops before I go 'off the grid' for a few weeks starting July 1st.

Off the grid as regards the net or power altogether?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Very, very bad internet connection unless new cell towers have been raised in the area...

• edited June 2019

@Samu said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Very, very bad internet connection unless new cell towers have been raised in the area...

....OK, so you can still record the new album, we'll just have to wait until you're back for you to share it :)

• The demo song for Otorii seems to be finished now so release can't be that far away :)

Translation from the Tweet...
    "KORG Gadget Switch Otorii demo song completed!

It became the very Sega Sega song.

The song title is Super Miraclelation
    The very super miracle that the sound of the Showa era revives in the age of the Japanese.

Have fun! #GadgetSwitch"

• edited June 2019

I know it's petty, but I really hate the new(ish) Gadget icon, that gradient is so ugly (the previous icon was so much better):

I think the graphic design has really gone downhill in v2. I also think that the forthcoming gadgets are far from inspiring, and there is palpably less excitement around Gadget now than there was 3-4 years ago. It's a shame, because it's a great app, but the current direction isn't really doing it for me.

• @richardyot said:
    I know it's petty, but I really hate the new(ish) Gadget icon, that gradient is so ugly (the previous icon was so much better):

I think the graphic design has really gone downhill in v2. I also think that the forthcoming gadgets are far from inspiring, and there is palpably less excitement around Gadget now than there was 3-4 years ago. It's a shame, because it's a great app, but the current direction isn't really doing it for me.

Agree. I do console myself with the glass half full ethos though - while Gadget gets less appealing in many ways, at least after the last update, it no longer makes my iPad quite so steaming hot! :)

• I've grow to like Gadget more and more and it's also making it easier to do the 'app cleanup' that I'm currently doing.
    I do NOT like the sequencer that much but I do like the sounds...

• For some reason each time I load up Memphis it sounds disappointingly quite and tame compared to the others.

• @Samu said:
    I've grow to like Gadget more and more and it's also making it easier to do the 'app cleanup' that I'm currently doing.
    I do NOT like the sequencer that much but I do like the sounds...

I actually like the sequencer a lot!
    And I agree that they should not have changed the color scheme for worse.
    I don't mind showing the clips in different colors in the arranger, but in the piano roll???

Instead of showing the piano roll in a different look and feel for each instrument, they should have overhauled the automation editor so we would at least know what we're doing.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Agree. I do console myself with the glass half full ethos though - while Gadget gets less appealing in many ways, at least after the last update, it no longer makes my iPad quite so steaming hot! :)

I wish I could say the same. It still heats up my iPad & iPhone and uses 2x the battery compared to others.
    Depends on the gadget I’m using and which screen I’m in. But it bothers me during every session (which are multiple a week for years now).

• @richardyot said:

I agree, but you know the original icon wasn't great either. In the glorious era of Klevgrand and BramBos, my tolerance for junky design has gone way down.

• Is there a document that documents which midi ccs control what parameters for the various Gadgets. Extensive control is available but the mappings vary from Gadget to Gadget (for understandable reasons).

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there a document that documents which midi ccs control what parameters for the various Gadgets. Extensive control is available but the mappings vary from Gadget to Gadget (for understandable reasons).

Hi @espiegel123
    Someone posted these pictures in an old thread of this forum but I can’t find it at this moment

• @Rodolfo said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Is there a document that documents which midi ccs control what parameters for the various Gadgets. Extensive control is available but the mappings vary from Gadget to Gadget (for understandable reasons).

Hi @espiegel123
    Someone posted these pictures in an old thread of this forum but I can’t find it at this moment

Tks. I'll add this to the wiki's forum gold page.

I just re-learned that if you press the Function key when the Gadget is displayed, a list pops up of the Gadget's MIDI cc assignments!