Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modley By Klevgränd produkter AB

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1465573187

Modley is a modulation delay with effect insert capabilities, which lets you design the whole delay signal with several carefully selected effect modules, to create customized signal flows and unique sounds.

The three effect racks provide insert slots for different stages of the processing.
Pre rack
Applies effects before the delay loop.
Loop rack
Applies effects to the delay loop. Those effects will be applied to the input signal each delay bounce.
Post rack
Effects after the delay delay loop.

Available FX inserts

• Panner - Auto panning effect.
• Delay - Digital stereo delay
• Chorus - Classic chorus
• Flanger - Flanger with feedback, tone, speed, mix and amount
• Phaser - Classic phaser with the option to decide how many stages to be used
• Reverb - Digital reverb
• Vibrato - A stereo vibrato with reshapeable curve
• Tremolo - A stereo tremolo with reshapeable curve
• Equalizer - Low cut, high cut and two shelf filters
• Compressor - Simple one-knob compressor
• Booster - Signal booster (gain, bass and treble)
• Distortion - Simple distortion pedal with tone control
• Multiband Gate - Four band spectral gate
• Pitcher - Pitch shifting effect
• Filter - Classic resonant low and highpass filter

Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/modley-docs/

Audio examples and more info at https://klevgrand.se/products/stark

Obs! Modley consumes a lot of CPU and RAM, so if you’re having trouble using multiple instances at the same time, try to freeze some tracks and/or increase the buffer size.

Modley is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.

Comments

• Wow. They are coming for FX pedals like the Meris Polymoon or even the Eventide H9 with an app like this. I wonder if the iPads limited memory allotment per auv3 will be enough to keep this from crashing constantly. I really want this, as I want every Klev app, but I’m gonna need to see some reviews first.

• Bought no hesitation. Weird, I'm definitely a dork, but I said to myself earlier it's about time for a new klevgrand.

• oooh... multiband gate - nice work :)

I wish it had a resonator

• My the freeze effect is awesome. Freeze it, then you can change the speed and warp the pitch for fun results

• edited June 2019

Can you play the freezed contents pitch/speed via midi notes?

• Is this a sale/intro price or the standard price?

• @Mayo said:
    Can you play the freezed contents pitch/speed via midi notes?

I'm gonna assume no, but that is a cool idea.

• Really? Just googled the H9 and even the polygon the other day and thought we could use something like this in the iOS ecosystem;) that would be really cool! Hopefully the first samples will arrive shortly... 👍🏼

@Zjenji said:
    Wow. They are coming for FX pedals like the Meris Polymoon or even the Eventide H9 with an app like this. I wonder if the iPads limited memory allotment per auv3 will be enough to keep this from crashing constantly. I really want this, as I want every Klev app, but I’m gonna need to see some reviews first.

• Do you have it already? Where is stated that it comes with a freeze feature?
    I thought they meant working in a daw - freeze the track and you can CPU for Modler, but not that modler comes with freeze goodness...!!?? Would be awesome though.

@oat_phipps said:
    My the freeze effect is awesome. Freeze it, then you can change the speed and warp the pitch for fun results

• @david_2017 said:
    Do you have it already? Where is stated that it comes with a freeze feature?
    I thought they meant working in a daw - freeze the track and you can CPU for Modler, but not that modler comes with freeze goodness...!!?? Would be awesome though.

@oat_phipps said:
    My the freeze effect is awesome. Freeze it, then you can change the speed and warp the pitch for fun results

It has a freeze effect, they also advising freezing the track in your DAW for more instances. Double freeze whammy!

• @david_2017 said:
    Do you have it already? Where is stated that it comes with a freeze feature?

@oat_phipps said:

It HAS a freeze effect...and a nice one it is 😊

• @gusgranite @Martinj OH my... time to get the scarfs out again. Looking great! Can’t wait to hear it ;) Thanks guys!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Launch price is 50% off according to their website:

https://klevgrand.se/products/modley

• There's also a video:

• @richardyot said:
    There's also a video:

That's pretty impressive. Good timing too - I was going to get the K7D delay while it was on sale, but it's gone back up again today. Might get this one instead, though the CPU warnings are a bit of a concern...

• Tempted, but will wait to see a Doug video. I probably don’t need another delay but it does look good :)

• Love it. Just hooked up Viking Synth and tried some of the presets. Nice easy one stop shop for some of the modulation fx I often try to set up with multiple apps.

This will get lots of use.

• They had me with “H9”... can’t wait to finally watch the video

• edited June 2019

It’s good but if I try to load more than 2 in AUM or Cubasis all instances crash even though dsp shows 25% in AUM (2017 iPad Pro, latest iOS).

Transport doesn’t even have to be running or a source loaded.

As we know the dsp number isn’t reliable so I suppose it could be taxing the CPU more than indicated.

Reboot doesn’t help.

• The presets are all designed to show the effect though, so they all need their fx mix levels toned down - it’s like that first time you get an fx and make the sound so drenched that all the other band members give you dirty looks :p

• @TheVimFuego said:
    It’s good but if I try to load more than 2 in AUM or Cubasis all instances crash even though dsp shows 25% in AUM (2017 iPad Pro, latest iOS).

As we know the dsp number isn’t reliable so I suppose it could be taxing the CPU more than indicated.

Reboot doesn’t help.

That sounds like a memory limit thing maybe...

• @Carnbot said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Reboot doesn’t help.

Quite possibly.

I can’t see me running more than 2 so no big deal here.

• @Carnbot said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Reboot doesn’t help.

Just keeping it authentically H9! :)

Is it in the video where they say it's like that? I've always wanted an H9 so should definitely check this out.

• @Michael_R_Grant

@Zjenji came up with the term and I was all in. Discovered this H9 yesterday a few days ago, when I was researching a Big Sky ;)

• edited June 2019

Wow, upon actually experimenting, this thing is a powerhouse for sound creation. The pre/post/loop is brilliant. It takes some taming but wow. Definitely not 'another delay' (although it can be used as one). Have a feeling this one might get overlooked due to potential delay fatigue, and especially so once it's off sale since many people are offended a company could ask $20 for an app.

• This delay seems to be impressive.
    Is it "safe" to imagine a simple set up in AUM, Cubasis or Auria, like a channel with Bias Amp 2 in input and Modley as an insert... on an Air 2 ?

• I'm gonna grab this for mac as that's a much sweeter deal! If it ends up being something I need in iOS I can drop 20$ later... Seems like it's a CPU killer for iOS rn which is probably fine as you'll only need one instance in most situationsd is imagine

• iPad Pro 2018
    6 instances of Modley in three channels with zeeon and all of them in a drooone mode. I got 25% percent. Like reamp I think