Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ODYSSEi sequencer issue controlling filter (Resolved)

I was creating a patch from scratch that uses the sequencer to control the VCF cutoff and/or resonance and am having trouble getting it working. I am using almost identical sequencer settings as one of their examples but it isn’t working in mine.

I can’t tell if this is user error or a bug. So, I am wonderful not if anyone else has run into something’s no like it.

Comments

• Works for me, but arpeggio needs to be on or latched for me.

• @wim said:
    Works for me, but arpeggio needs to be on or latched for me.

Arpeggio is on. The pitches are playing but as soon as you press a key the cutoff and resonance which are also supposed to be sequenced jump to a value but then don’t change even as the pitch changes.

And by contrast if I load the sample preset Oddy Funk and set all steps to the minimum for semitones, gate and octave, the filter slider jumps around as if the sequence steps are not all the same.

• Here is a video:

First is my preset. Then a Korg preset. In my preset, the sliders don’t jump around as I would expect. Compare to how they jump around in the Korg preset.

• Btw, with my preset, when you see the vcf sliders gradually moving that is me sliding them by hand—which you can’t do if they jump around as intended.

• I can’t tell from the video if you have the little the video doesn’t show whether you actually have any steps defined for the pasmeters, only for the semitone, octave, and gate. Did you touch the LED to the left of one of the three parameter slots and set steps in there?

• @wim said:
    I can’t tell from the video if you have the little the video doesn’t show whether you actually have any steps defined for the pasmeters, only for the semitone, octave, and gate. Did you touch the LED to the left of one of the three parameter slots and set steps in there?

Doh! Thx. I hadn’t noticed the LEDs.

Slapping head.

• Cool patch btw.

• @wim said:
    Cool patch btw.

Thx. Exploring a thought from @jonmoore about how one might approximate a cool sound in Drexciya’s Alpha Wormhole.

Here is the fixed version