Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited June 2019

Early reviews/feedback does not appear promising

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25635.0

The Octatrack with its 80MB RAM cannot record loops anywhere as long. OTOH, it is for a different type of user than the Akai, which seems to be targeting the same market that the Boss RC-300 and more expensive EHX loopers are targeting - solo musicians who want to play pop songs and other simply constructed music. I like some pop music myself, btw.

The Merlin Guide might give you a better idea of what the Octatrack is about - read Chapter 2 in particular which discusses streaming from the CF card vs. usage of RAM - it should help you stop thinking about the OT (or have the opposite effect):
    https://www.elektronauts.com/t/a-polished-version-of-merlins-ot-guide-here/42860

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Early reviews/feedback does not appear promising

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25635.0

The Octatrack with its 80MB RAM cannot record loops anywhere as long. OTOH, it is for a different type of user than the Akai, which seems to be targeting the same market that the Boss RC-300 and more expensive EHX loopers are targeting - solo musicians who want to play pop songs and other simply constructed music. I like some pop music myself, btw.

The Merlin Guide might give you a better idea of what the Octatrack is about - read Chapter 2 in particular which discusses streaming from the CF card vs. usage of RAM - it should help you stop thinking about the OT (or have the opposite effect):
    https://www.elektronauts.com/t/a-polished-version-of-merlins-ot-guide-here/42860

Thanks man~

I know the Octatrack and it will work for me for sure.

I am looking at potential cheaper alterntives or relative items available comparable to apps.

I agree with you

• This isn't really anything like the Octatrack. It's just a looper pedal. A nice one, perhaps, but given all those buttons, they could have come up with something more than slow/slower/fast/faster/backwards.

Even the two-button Ditto X2 manages almost all of that!

• @mistercharlie said:
    This isn't really anything like the Octatrack. It's just a looper pedal. A nice one, perhaps, but given all those buttons, they could have come up with something more than slow/slower/fast/faster/backwards.

LOL

Does Ditto 2 have Fx? Just wondering

• @RUST( i )K said:

@mistercharlie said:
    This isn't really anything like the Octatrack. It's just a looper pedal. A nice one, perhaps, but given all those buttons, they could have come up with something more than slow/slower/fast/faster/backwards.

LOL

Does Ditto 2 have Fx? Just wondering

No. I was just talking about the looper part from the video.

And there's not an electric guitarist on earth who needs more effects ;)

• Do not want. iOS destroys this thing.

• The Octatrack has 3 LFOs per track, and when the Flex Machine is used for a track, the LFOs can be used to modulate params unique to Flex Machines: sample start, number of retrigs, time between retrigs, etc. They can also be used to modulate anything on the Amp page and the FX pages. They can even be used to modulate other LFOs.

Based on what I've read about the new Headrush, it doesn't offer anything comparable, to allow the user to mangle the hell out of loops like that. But each person has their own priorities.

I'd take the Ditto X2 over the Akai too, for simpler looping jobs. At under $200 for one vs. the Akai's price, the money saved could go towards whatever FX you want to add to the Ditto X2.

I have an older school Headrush btw. A big oversized for a pedal and heavy, but I got it for $80 and it works reliably.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    The Octatrack has 3 LFOs per track, and when the Flex Machine is used for a track, the LFOs can be used to modulate params unique to Flex Machines: sample start, number of retrigs, time between retrigs, etc. They can also be used to modulate anything on the Amp page and the FX pages. They can even be used to modulate other LFOs.

Based on what I've read about the new Headrush, it doesn't offer anything comparable, to allow the user to mangle the hell out of loops like that. But each person has their own priorities.

I'd take the Ditto X2 over the Akai too, for simpler looping jobs. At under $200 for one vs. the Akai's price, the money saved could go towards whatever FX you want to add to the Ditto X2.

I have an older school Headrush btw. A big oversized for a pedal and heavy, but I got it for $80 and it works reliably.

I still have an old Headrush too. Great looper.

This is more like a multitrack recorder than a performance looper.

I wish companies would read the "Looping for Guitarists: An Open Letter to FX Manufacturers" thread on TGP.

• I was stoked about this thing until i heard the FX were kinda weak, thats like half the reason I would want it. For that much id just buy a used Octa mk1.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I was stoked about this thing until i heard the FX were kinda weak, thats like half the reason I would want it. For that much id just buy a used Octa mk1.

Agree

• @GovernorSilver said:
    The Octatrack has 3 LFOs per track, and when the Flex Machine is used for a track, the LFOs can be used to modulate params unique to Flex Machines: sample start, number of retrigs, time between retrigs, etc. They can also be used to modulate anything on the Amp page and the FX pages. They can even be used to modulate other LFOs.

I hear ya.

I am really after loop playing, fx performance and some midi triggering and will just re buy Octa or next version of it in all likelihood....

• My new fav is the ZoomG3n... Only downside is mono input. But you can tap/dial in tempo, so the delays or tempo sensitive mod fx will be in sync AND the looper can be set to a set number of beats (ie 16 beats = 4 bars). Sound s great, easy to use interface, etc.

The killer feature is you can pick it up brand new for under $150!

There’s also a 7 fx wide version with a foot pedal or a 3 fx wide with a foot pedal.

Awesome little unit.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

My new fav is the ZoomG3n... Only downside is mono input. But you can tap/dial in tempo, so the delays or tempo sensitive mod fx will be in sync AND the looper can be set to a set number of beats (ie 16 beats = 4 bars). Sound s great, easy to use interface, etc.

The killer feature is you can pick it up brand new for under $150!

There’s also a 7 fx wide version with a foot pedal or a 3 fx wide with a foot pedal.

Awesome little unit.

Link?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@GovernorSilver said:

I hear ya.

I am really after loop playing, fx performance and some midi triggering and will just re buy Octa or next version of it in all likelihood....

You seem more adventurous than I had initially guessed. I suppose I should share the secret I've been keeping from you - watching for this pedal to go on sale, just like most of the other pedals that I've bought new:

https://empresseffects.com/products/zoia

I am unclear as to how many looper modules can be used in a patch. I've heard of one user utilizing 4 at once. 16-sec. recording limit per module. The hard limit for any patch is set by the CPU usage.

• edited June 2019

@GovernorSilver said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@GovernorSilver said:

I hear ya.

You seem more adventurous than I had initially guessed. I suppose I should share the secret I've been keeping from you - watching for this pedal to go on sale, just like most of the other pedals that I've bought new:

I am unclear as to how many looper modules can be used in a patch. I've heard of one user utilizing 4 at once. 16-sec. recording limit per module. The hard limit for any patch is set by the CPU usage.

@GovernorSilver said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@GovernorSilver said:

I hear ya.

FUCK I forgot that loops as well!

OMG

$500?

Seems like a fair price for what's in it.

Loved it since NAMM!

(see my avi to determine my adventure factor). ;)