Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Non Zero Singular Values, an all-Kronecker late night jam [AUM session in comments]

edited June 2019 in Creations

I bought Kronecker and Reamp during the current sale and decided to jam a bit with these two apps. I love Reamp! I feel like it's going to be one of my most used effect!
Kronecker is nice, too, I think it could find its place in some contexts. Still trying to wrap my mind around all those knobs and their functions.

In this track I used four instances of Kronecker sequenced by Rozeta Cells and Bassline, Ruismaker FM for the drums sequenced by Rozeta Rhythm, and an healthy dose of Reamp, Kleverb and K7D to give some sparks to the mix.

Mixed and recorded in one take in AUM.

Hope you like it!

Comments

• Very nice!

• Lovely! 😊

• @silent1 said:

I bought Kronecker and Reamp during the current sale and decided to jam a bit with these two apps. I love Reamp! I feel like it's going to be one of my most used effect!
    Kronecker is nice, too, I think it could find its place in some contexts. Still trying to wrap my mind around all those knobs and their functions.

In this track I used four instances of Kronecker sequenced by Rozeta Cells and Bassline, Ruismaker FM for the drums sequenced by Rozeta Rhythm, and an healthy dose of Reamp, Kleverb and K7D to give some sparks to the mix.

Hope you like it!

Really nice!

• Nicely done and very ‚kronecky‘ , that was a nice and calm journey through the night :)

• This is great

• That was really good.

• Thanks everyone, glad you liked it! If you’re interested in the AUM session just let me know, I’ll attach it to the post like last time, now that I know how to do it ;)

• Wonderful melodic piece. Really great and the use of reamp is awesome! So glad i got it too in the sale

• Nice piece.

@silent1 said:
    If you’re interested in the AUM session just let me know, I’ll attach it to the post like last time, now that I know how to do it ;)

That would be a thumbs up from me. It might actually get me off the Kronecker fence, so you may generate some app sales this way:)

I have Mersenne and thought I might not need K., but a good session file and the current sale of K. sounds tempting indeed.

• @bleep said:
    Nice piece.

That would be a thumbs up from me. It might actually get me off the Kronecker fence, so you may generate some app sales this way:)

I have Mersenne and thought I might not need K., but a good session file and the current sale of K. sounds tempting indeed.

Here it is, enjoy!

• Awesome! Thanks for sharing! 👍🏼

• edited June 2019

@david_2017 said:
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! 👍🏼

No problem!
    I've learned so much from this forum that it's a real pleasure to give something back!

• Kronecker seems like a one trick pony until you figure out how to isolate each layer and build sounds/sequences deliberately. Then it can become a beast. I went through a period last year where Kronecker fueled a writing spree because I was so inspired by the results I got. You have to like "that sound" (Silent1 track captures the basic vibe very well) but if you do, it's worth the effort.

• 👍🏼

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Kronecker seems like a one trick pony until you figure out how to isolate each layer and build sounds/sequences deliberately. Then it can become a beast. I went through a period last year where Kronecker fueled a writing spree because I was so inspired by the results I got. You have to like "that sound" (Silent1 track captures the basic vibe very well) but if you do, it's worth the effort.

I think that’s what’s putting me off - the harsh bell ringy sound, but I really like the note repeater.

• @MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Kronecker seems like a one trick pony until you figure out how to isolate each layer and build sounds/sequences deliberately. Then it can become a beast. I went through a period last year where Kronecker fueled a writing spree because I was so inspired by the results I got. You have to like "that sound" (Silent1 track captures the basic vibe very well) but if you do, it's worth the effort.

I think that’s what’s putting me off - the harsh bell ringy sound, but I really like the note repeater.

The harshness is easily tamed with some tone shaping. The other wild card here is the way the resonator can throw in some mutating feedback controlled by the LFOs. Quite organic and lovely. I'll post one of my creations later when I'm near my iPad.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

The harshness is easily tamed with some tone shaping. The other wild card here is the way the resonator can throw in some mutating feedback controlled by the LFOs. Quite organic and lovely. I'll post one of my creations later when I'm near my iPad.

Thanks, look forward to hearing it :)

• Nice track. Kronecker is also very capable of creating some very expressive dirty feedback sounds as well - in fact, it really excels at that, though it is not immediately apparent.

• edited June 2019

@silent1 said:

Hope you like it!

Super nice!
    suggestion — A little low pass filter to round off some of the highs.
    Still, really dreamy.

• @MonzoPro Did a quick down & dirty dump of four Kronecker presets with an emphasis on the blooming feedback featured, no mixing and no mastering. Note that I purposely did not sequence this so you can hear the natural tails between notes—this is all one finger dinking around, timing issues left in on purpose.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @MonzoPro Did a quick down & dirty dump of four Kronecker presets with an emphasis on the blooming feedback featured, no mixing and no mastering. Note that I purposely did not sequence this so you can hear the natural tails between notes—this is all one finger dinking around, timing issues left in on purpose.

Thanks for that! I think I probably will get this later, it's got a very nice bass sound, and I'm sure the bell tones would cut through nicely in a mix.

• Yep, note bass sounds also available in Mersenne if you already have that one.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yep, note bass sounds also available in Mersenne if you already have that one.

Haven't got that one either - I have all their other synths though I think.

• @MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @MonzoPro Did a quick down & dirty dump of four Kronecker presets with an emphasis on the blooming feedback featured, no mixing and no mastering. Note that I purposely did not sequence this so you can hear the natural tails between notes—this is all one finger dinking around, timing issues left in on purpose.

Thanks for that! I think I probably will get this later, it's got a very nice bass sound, and I'm sure the bell tones would cut through nicely in a mix.

Slow motion drug scene between deaths.

• edited June 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:

• many. This is so spot on. I just spent a lovely half an hour mutating Kyoto as a result of your nudge. Thanks!
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

• many. This is so spot on. I just spent a lovely half an hour mutating Kyoto as a result of your nudge. Thanks!

Aye capn. Glad it worked

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Slow motion drug scene between deaths.

Sold.