Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Big Bottom - An interpretation by Daveypoo, The Mobile Music

edited June 2019 in Creations

Was inspired to do a cover for the first time in ages. I'm interested to know what you all think.

I'm looking at you, @LinearLineman and @McD

Comments

• Excellent, tho I never heard the original.... which was sung in Italian, I believe. Very fun synth break, too. You might have done it all... am I right?

• Nice vocal performance

• Awsome!
    It would've been cool to see the performance during recording in true 'Dan Baker' style ;)

• @LinearLineman If you aren't familiar with the original, you're truly missing out on a momentous piece of music history:

You need to go watch This Is Spinal Tap as soon as humanly possible. And yes, I did it all. All the instruments were performed, not programmed, with the exception of Soft Drummer playing the drums. I tried to make this as live as possible, with as few edits as I could while still keeping it listenable.

@audiobussy Thanks - the vocals are always the hardest aren't they? It's the thing I struggle with most for sure.

Thanks, @Samu - I did consider making a video for this, but I just don't have the time. The production of this one tune took me nearly a month!

Thanks for listening, boys. It was a lot of fun doing this one, especially getting back to playing everything again. I need to do that more...

• Ah, now it all makes sense. The drums were very real sounding. Great job!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Ah, now it all makes sense. The drums were very real sounding. Great job!

Yeah, Soft Drummer is incredible. I don't have the physical space to set up a drum kit and I wanted to get this done - I am also the least confident in my drumming skills, so I decided to just let Luis Martinez do what he does best.

Thank you, sir. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Soft Drummer! I thought Rock Drum Machine!

• Fun,good vibes!!
    We hear you had good time doing this!
    👍👍

• That was fun to listen to! > @Samu said:

It would've been cool to see the performance during recording in true 'Dan Baker' style ;)

Even better have the “drummer” in the video explode in the end!

• @hypnopad said:
    That was fun to listen to! > @Samu said:

Even better have the “drummer” in the video explode in the end!

And leave only the green stain on the seat...

@LinearLineman Of the 3 Lumbeat apps I have (Funk, Reggae & Soft Drummers) I like the improvising algorithm of Soft the best. It sounds the most like the drummer in my head. Reggae drummer is just brilliant, and I have some ideas for employing that down the road. Funk is also excellent, but I'm not a fan of the included kits. I've used FD to drive DrumPerfect Pro and that has worked beautifully.

@flo26 I actually had you in mind quite a bit while doing the guitars here. I'm never quite satisfied with the guitar tones I get in ToneStack, and I LOVE your tones so much, so I tried to spend some extra time really dialing in the guitars. I kept thinking "Is this as good as something Flo would get?" The lead tone with the Leslie tone was me trying to not do the same thing I do in EVERY tune - distorted blues riffs. I took a tip from Eric Krasno, the guitarist from Soulive, and aped his tone a bit.

• I thought it was going to be this:

• @Jocphone said:
    I thought it was going to be this:

Unfortunately I don't have the right haircut to sing this one.... and I have no idea how much the fish is, honestly.

• Super-fun, Davey! It’s been too long since I watched This is Spinal Tap (“No, it’s supposed to say Spinal Tap, THEN Puppet Show!”).
    Love the synth breakdown and that fantastic Leslie tone! You’ve also offered a compelling sales demo for Soft Drummer, I may have to make that my next app purchase!

• Brilliant @Daveypoo ! Excellent playing and really nice vocals too. Yep Soft Drummer sounding pretty ace too! :smile:
    Gotta love Spinal Tap!

• Thanks, @aquasloth - I'm glad you enjoyed it. The synth solo was inspired by Billy Preston's Struttin.

@AlterEgo_UK Thanks for the listen, Colin! Been mulling this one over for awhile and finally had the gumption to get it done.

• Ever since seeing that movie, I’ve been afraid of choking on someone else’s vomit.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Ever since seeing that movie, I’ve been afraid of choking on someone else’s vomit.

A valid concern, especially given your hard-core metal history...

• Dave, you know I like this. I’m going to say that the part that I like least is the canned drums. I knew within milliseconds that they were not played or recorded by you. Something tells me you could lay down a solid beat

• @audiobussy said:
    Dave, you know I like this. I’m going to say that the part that I like least is the canned drums. I knew within milliseconds that they were not played or recorded by you. Something tells me you could lay down a solid beat

Yep - probably could have but I've got nowhere to set up a kit or the gear to record it. I'm sure I could've sourced these but that would've most likely stopped this from happening (work, kids, life, etc.) so I made the concession and moved on with it.. I appreciate your faith in my drumming skills, though. Next time!