Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Really great example of using Gestrument Pro posted on discchord

Just watched this today. Really good stuff going on here.
@LinearLineman might enjoy this.

https://discchord.com/appnews/2019/06/13/adam-hardyman-gestrument-jazz#comment3

Comments

• Wow, that’s a very cool session!
    Music and video, nicely done! 😊👍

• edited June 2019

What an amazing way to create music is all I can say. Well, I can say a little more.... I liked watching it more than listening. It was almost jazz (for me) but it was double edged.... interesting yet bordering on the monotonous. I kept waffling between the two. So, for me, it was more involving as an experiment. Simulated jazz is the best I can come up with. Could info better? Probably not. The modal shtick has a downside... it's always modal! You can't hit a wrong note, yet neither can you hit that "right" wrong note,

But I thought Andy was great at handling the gear and the limitation was in the app-aratus.
    I might join up and post something so he knows jazzers are loving iOS, too.

• edited June 2019

Great, now I am registered on Discchord. As if I needed another forum! Well, it seems like a nice place. And I can start posting my tracks from a year ago! Thanks @Moderndaycompiler, you've fed the monster in me 😘

• My favorite usage of the original Gestrument via a Kinetic hookup.

• @LinearLineman said:
    What an amazing way to create music is all I can say. Well, I can say a little more.... I liked watching it more than listening. It was almost jazz (for me) but it was double edged.... interesting yet bordering on the monotonous. I kept waffling between the two. So, for me, it was more involving as an experiment. Simulated jazz is the best I can come up with. Could info better? Probably not. The modal shtick has a downside... it's always modal! You can't hit a wrong note, yet neither can you hit that "right" wrong note,

But I thought Andy was great at handling the gear and the limitation was in the app-aratus.

Agreed - the difficult thing with Gestrument is bending it to one’s will to achieve a more organic, less predicable result. I’ve toyed with the idea of recording its midi and then strategically putting in the wrong/right notes in another environment, but I haven’t gotten to that. I would like to be able to do the same thing within the app itself, mostly because I really like the sounds.

• @LinearLineman said:

My reaction too. The drums were very cool, but modal jazz dies without some chromaticism here and there.