Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steinberg UR44 - 6 Input Audio Interface - Set Up Tutorial for the iPad

Very impressed with UR44, super easy to set up and it just worked straight away.

Comments

• I love my UR44. It‘s really powerfull. As a singer i appreaciate espacially the realtime monitoring function including high quality Reverb and Compression while at the same time recording the dry signal.

• ... and by the way, fantastic Tutorial Doug!

• Don't forget the dspMixFX app from the AppStore :)

I'll try to pop up when you do the live-stream...

• Hey Doug. I’ve been eyeballing this Steinberg for a while along with the iconnect.
    I think I’ll be buying one of the new Pros though.
    Do you know how we would go from usbc on the iPad Pro into the Steinberg?
    Real informative video. Look forward to you using it with AUM. Thanks!

• @Ben said:

>

I've only tried my UR-242 with a USB-B > USB-C cable and it worked without any dongles.

For iPad's with USB-C port a USB-Hub would make more sense since it would allow charging while using the device.

• @Samu Ha, yes, I downloaded it right after you mentioned it on the last Stream, I still need to try it out though, which I will I think a bit later, epic, cheers

• edited June 2019

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @Samu Ha, yes, I downloaded it right after you mentioned it on the last Stream, I still need to try it out though, which I will I think a bit later, epic, cheers

If it helps, treat the app as a 'hardware mixer'. There's an option to allow recording the 'wet' signal.
    The one knob compressor has a lot of built-in presets and the reverb (Yamaha's Rev-X) is super nice!

Oh, and to avoid 'phase issues' if you plan to use Cubasis monitoring it's wise to mute the input channels using the app.(You can hear the phasing if you use direct input monitoring and Cubasis monitoring).

I'm happy with my UR242.

• @Samu said:

@Ben said:

>

I've only tried my UR-242 with a USB-B > USB-C cable and it worked without any dongles.

For iPad's with USB-C port a USB-Hub would make more sense since it would allow charging while using the device.

Thanks for the responses fellas. Looks like the Steinberg and 11” Pro for me.
    Unless you guys could talk me into a 12.9😁.