Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MakeNoise OCoast-Lifeform desktop - or Mother 32?

Which one and why?

Do you own them any of them?

Comments

• I own a 0-Coast and I love it. Quirky and different. Even without a sequencer attached it's fun for self-patching-self-generating noise.

• @brambos said:
    I own a 0-Coast and I love it. Quirky and different. Even without a sequencer attached it's fun for self-patching-self-generating noise.

I value your opinion.

I feel like that is the most "wild" and "organic" as far as approaching sonic exploration like when we were kids with an erector set or chemistry set.....sort of mystery and wondering what else could happen.

I am stacked on apps, groove boxes, and hardware for the most part and feel like this or the Pitts Burg would be a different exercise in music or sound creation.

Does it have any on board FX?

• @brambos said:
    I own a 0-Coast and I love it. Quirky and different. Even without a sequencer attached it's fun for self-patching-self-generating noise.

FYI

I would buy a Ripplemaker hardware version......

• @brambos said:

Also looking to grab a Koma Field Kit for Fx...but the place I buy hardware doesn't have it yet......

You ever use that?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@brambos said:

Also looking to grab a Koma Field Kit for Fx...but the place I buy hardware doesn't have it yet......

You ever use that?

Koma Field Kit for Fx
    I want one of these for my meeblip and mother 32

lots of youtube vids for it or the version before.

• @audiblevideo said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@brambos said:

You ever use that?

Koma Field Kit for Fx
    I want one of these for my meeblip and mother 32

lots of youtube vids for it or the version before.

He is my fave YT actually~

• Mother 32 if you want to make nice melodic sequences.

O coast can be wild, interesting but also annoying.

The pair actually works really well. Or O Coast & DFAM.

Aside from plucky sequences I don't get much melodic content from the O Coast. Usually I just let it go nuts and sample bits and pieces from long explorations.

• I have O-coast. I’d suggest getting whichever one sounds best to you in the yt demos. This is an emotional decision, not a rational one.

• @BroCoast said:
    Mother 32 if you want to make nice melodic sequences.

Aside from plucky sequences I don't get much melodic content from the O Coast. Usually I just let it go nuts and sample bits and pieces from long explorations.

Yeah.. that sums it up. When I want to make music I have lots of hard and software. But when I want to get lost in sound I fire up the 0-coast.

• No doubt you've seen mylarmelodies' demo?

Pretty much sums up what you can do, including more restrained, melodic stuff (that still has a nice edge to it).

Also serves a a great resource for understanding Ripplemaker better as they have a very similar design.

• @brambos said:

@BroCoast said:

Yeah.. that sums it up. When I want to make music I have lots of hard and software. But when I want to get lost in sound I fire up the 0-coast.

One of the first jams I had with it:

It can go a lot of places in a single patch.

• @BroCoast said:

@brambos said:

@BroCoast said:

Cool!

• 0Coast without a doubt. That thing is golden. For modular, it's so simple in design and yet so deep in sound. I can almost guarantee that anyone without a modular rig doesn't have anything that sounds like the 0Coast. Ripplemaker is kind of, in a way, a comparison, so if you like that, you'll find the 0Coast blows your mind.

• @slicetwo said:
    0Coast without a doubt. That thing is golden. For modular, it's so simple in design and yet so deep in sound. I can almost guarantee that anyone without a modular rig doesn't have anything that sounds like the 0Coast. Ripplemaker is kind of, in a way, a comparison, so if you like that, you'll find the 0Coast blows your mind.

Thanks man!

• It really depends on what you want out of it. The Mother 32 and DFam are perfect starter modules if you're just getting into modular and the 0-Coast is a work of pure genius if you're looking for a budget portable Buchla!

I have all three and would probably sell my girlfriends kids before I'd let go of any of them. Funnily enough I'd probably look at a Minitaur/Sirin as an alternative desktop synth to the O-Coast. Timbrally they're far richer (being dual oscillator) and whilst they have less modular IO, they do still feature the all important Pitch, Filter, & Volume CV's and a Gate input too. Best of all they both have a VST that allows you to control and automate them from your DAW and they feature and extended set of modulatable parameters via that VST interface (stuff that didn't fit in the form factor of the design of the hardware but which was still accessible via NRPNs). In the Moog lineup, the Minitaur and Sirin definitely offer the best bang to buck if your seeking out that classic ladder filter Moog warmth.

• @BroCoast said:

@brambos said:

@BroCoast said:

Awesome!

• I own a 0-Coast. It can be musical and melodic if you want to. I absolutely love the experimentation process and the variety of timbres I can achieve with this wonderful little machine. I should use it more, but it so much more convenient to just jam on my iPad when I’m lying on my couch 😆
    Here’s a couple of video I made. I’ve got so much more material but I should find some time to properly arrange, record it, make a video, etc.

• @silent1 Great stuff with 0coast. Definitely makes me more interested in it.

• I’m still quite interested in the Microvolt 3900.

• @silent1 : those are excellent. Thx for posting.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @silent1 : those are excellent. Thx for posting.

agree

• @u0421793 said:
    I’m still quite interested in the Microvolt 3900.

Yep.

Another fascinating little box.....

• @u0421793 said:
    I’m still quite interested in the Microvolt 3900.

for those un aware

• The trifecta!
    The Moog......well, it does that Moog thing. If you know, you know.
    SV1....Backbone of my work. Great oscillators, snappy envelopes, and packed with utility modules. Super versatile instrument.
    Microvolt.....it’s a mini easel with some extra tricks up its sleeves. Huge sounding for a single oscillator. Fantastic modulation options. Binary filter and LPG circuit. LFO and function generator both go well into audio rates.

The three together make a great sounding and versatile modular system.

• @waynerowand Do those Pittsburgh Modular devices have a required warm up time?

• @nondes The SV1 initially had tracking issues. I sent it back to PM, the did the necessary mod and back it came. It’s been great since. The Microvolt has been good right out of the box...so it seems they worked out the temperature issues that they were having. They both drift over time, as does every other analog synth.

I still give everything 5-10 minutes warm up....

Sound sample here. Synths are named in the title lines. Everything is going through a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK to the iPad.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzJdtuJxdu1Vs5lgCnYOOrQ

• edited June 2019

Good stuff @waynerowand, subscribed. And thanks for info.

• @nondes Very welcome! And thanks for the sub!

• Thanks for the vids, didn’t know there was that many modular rig fans in the bus forum.

• @waynerowand said:

The trifecta!
    The Moog......well, it does that Moog thing. If you know, you know.
    SV1....Backbone of my work. Great oscillators, snappy envelopes, and packed with utility modules. Super versatile instrument.
    Microvolt.....it’s a mini easel with some extra tricks up its sleeves. Huge sounding for a single oscillator. Fantastic modulation options. Binary filter and LPG circuit. LFO and function generator both go well into audio rates.

The three together make a great sounding and versatile modular system.

"Cleans up fluids off floor" while saddened what his life is not......disgusted at his insignificance in the world of things that matter....