Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack - vcvRack on iOS

I don't have more info
but what I have is here:

miRack is a fork of VCVRack (an open-source virtual modular synthesizer) with optimisations and tweaks primarily targeting Raspberry Pi, ASUS Tinker Board and similar hardware, as well as iOS and Web.

This video demonstrates performance of iOS version of miRack on 6th Gen iPad.

miRack http://github.com/mi-rack/Rack
VCVRack http://vcvrack.com
mifki http://mifki.com

Comments

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh goodness. That is potentially very exciting

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Boom! Well there we go then :)

Look forward to hearing more about this and ETA etc... if this is reeeeeeeally well optimised for touch interface workflow I might even have to look at getting a bigger iPad... ive tried vcv on Microsoft surface pro and it was a total PITA compared to desktop(mouse and big screen). But a version optimised for touch (stuff like ‘double tap to zoom on a specific module’ etc) and smaller screens could be great...

Also wonder if there’ll be an AU of this? IAA would have been fine for me personally but Apparently Apple aren’t accepting any more IAA apps :/

Perfect timing with iOS mouse support just around the corner! I’ve been hoping for iOS VCV for quite a while now. Exciting news!

Marks off #2 on my list of iOS hopes - #1 is a full featured desktop daw, Ableton, Bitwig, Reason or Logic. I suspect iPadOS will increase the likelihood of one of those eventually making it over.

• Ohmy... this last two years just insane... Poor hardware stuff around me already feeling abandoned

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Boom! Well there we go then :)

Look forward to hearing more about this and ETA etc... if this is reeeeeeeally well optimised for touch interface workflow I might even have to look at getting a bigger iPad... ive tried vcv on Microsoft surface pro and it was a total PITA compared to desktop(mouse and big screen). But a version optimised for touch (stuff like ‘double tap to zoom on a specific module’ etc) and smaller screens could be great...

Also wonder if there’ll be an AU of this? IAA would have been fine for me personally but Apparently Apple aren’t accepting any more IAA apps :/

Just imagine how powerful it’d be to be able to load VCV as an audio effect AU or to modulate other AUV3 ... not to mention all the samplers, loopers and every type of synthesis, amazing mutable instruments effects — incredibly powerful just with the core factory modules.

Hopefully some of the third party VCV devs will be able to port their modules over to the iOS version.

• If there will be Link I'm happy to reserve one ipad for vcv

• Oh boy!!

• buckle up...

• Good news :)
    Although I assume it's not going to be an AU plugin, would still be fun to have around though.

• Wow! Really looking forward to this one.
    I hope that importing new modules, including DIY creations, will be a relatively straightforward task.

• Hubba hubba!

Time to ‘invest’ in some modules.

• So this is the quadrature of the circle.

The M model, where EM and gravity walk together.

This is it.

• Damn, there is where inter-app audio might actually be a good thing. Still, very excited about it. Ideally, it can output to an audio interface.

And, super maybe, imagine this as an AU host that can house our existing apps. Would be meta.

• Audiobus isn't going anywhere, so it could be fine.

• I guess it was only a matter of time really. Pretty cool!

• My heart just stopped. I’m not even going to pretend this will be AU. I would be very pleased just to have it.

• Should be fun, but I hope they'll optimize it for touch and not just do a build in XCode and call it a day :)

• Rpi version should be cool to evaluate.

• Uhhhh this will be so cool. Just played around on my 10 year MacBook with VCVRack and the Audible Instruments pack. This is fun! Want this on my ipad!

@brambos how much work would this be to „do a build in XCode and call it a day“ ?

• ^ Im guessing about a day.
    Although maybe not an earth one, Mercury or Venus ones seem more likely

• @Richtowns said:
    ^ Im guessing about a day.
    Although maybe not an earth one, Mercury or Venus ones seem more likely

Ha!

• This is most welcome.

• @cian said:
    Audiobus isn't going anywhere, so it could be fine.

I don't understand this. Does this mean an app could not be written as an AUv3 and still work in AudioBus for connecting audio to other apps? I though AB was forced to use IAA APIs (which is going away) for this?

IAA isn't going away any time terribly soon so no big deal but still curious to understand if there will still be another AB enabled method for app-to-app audio (other than AUv3).

• @syrupcore said:

@cian said:

I don't understand this. Does this mean an app could not be written as an AUv3 and still work in AudioBus for connecting audio to other apps? I though AB was forced to use IAA APIs (which is going away) for this?

IAA isn't going away any time terribly soon so no big deal but still curious to understand if there will still be another AB enabled method for app-to-app audio (other than AUv3).

Michael has explained that when IAA goes away (which could well be years from now) that he will find a way to replace IAA so that AB will continue to work

• @EyeOhEss said:

@espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:

@cian said:

Michael has explained that when IAA goes away (which could well be years from now) that he will find a way to replace IAA so that AB will continue to work

Why would Apple allow a ‘new’ IAA alternative, after they nuke the old one? If they’re hell bent on AU then this wouldn’t make any sense?

I will leave it at this: there is no iOS audio developer more knowledgeable than @Michael. If he expresses confidence that he will be able to implement Audiobus without IAA, I would be inclined to believe him. Michael knows his stuff.

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.