Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8 and Summer Sale available

Comments

• Don't know but this is still driving me nuts after all these years with Cubasis...

I record some audio...

Then I 'trim' the audio on the time-line/arranger...

Now I want to do 'destructive' trim on the audio event but...

...when I go to edit the audio (which is the only place where I can really 'trim' it) the whole file is selected and there is NO WAY to make the Cubasis Audio Editor to 'see' the start & end edits made on the time line...

In short the 'edits' on the time-line/arranger are just a waste of time when it comes to real audio-editing.

This becomes even more annoying if the intention is to 'chop' the recorded audio into smaller pieces and create individual files of the 'segments'.

@LFS would it be possible to make the Cubasis Audio-Editor at least 'select' the portion of the file that is visible on the time-line?

I could do a 'long tap' on the selected audio event and then do 'freeze between locators' to create a new file but seriously?!

Don't get me wrong, I like Cubasis but it's all these 'small logical gaps' that sometimes drive me nuts...
    Cheers!

• Thanks @LucidMusicInc ... I understand now how to glue. Split and me are old pals.

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@LFS said:
    Dear all,

We are proud to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 2.8!

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Freely available to existing customers, v2.8 adds two new drum machines plus MIDI grooves to the Classic Machines in-app purchase, perfectly complementing its collection of great sounding vintage drum machines.

Frequently requested for quite some time, full grid line support in the Arrange window and MIDI editor alongside refined Audio Share file handling and revised Track Freeze greatly supports a quicker workflow.

The new Notepad feature allows to have your lyrics or track information always with you directly within your Cubasis project and so much more.

Alongside, our Cubasis Summer Sale starts today and is available until July 3, 2019.
    Enjoy 50% off Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases!

Please support us, by rating Cubasis on the App Store!
    Your feedback is valuable and helps us to further develop and improve our app!

Big thanks to our great small creative team, who believe in Cubasis, and often outgrowing themselves to make our little app better and better.

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

Looking through the updates, was wondering with the update is there a way to sync start Cubasis with other LINK apps so I can use Cubasis with and in coordination with all my other apps as they operate?

NO link support in Cubasis....
    There are different ways to sync stuff with Cubasis.....One often forgotten method is IAA sync (how long this will carry on working who knows)...If you load say Funk Drummer onto an audio track in cubasis, make sure link is turned off in Funk Drummer, it will then use IAA sync, so when you press play in Cubasis, funk drummer will start also.
    Not all apps support IAA sync, an dit will go away with IAA deprication at some point, but works well with those apps that support it...try your apps and see, just remember to turn link off in them.

So I can’t use Link in Ableton oh

I use that for hardware sync

Geez

Time to add Link

IMHO

Audiobus to the rescue. Just send midi clock from Cubasis to Audiobus, and Audiobus will manage Link. You’ll have to manage the tempo from Cubasis though as it Cubasis won’t respond to tempo changes from anything.

Set Cubasis to output midi clock. Set Audiobus to receive clock from “Virtual Midi” (Not from Cubasis). Enable link in Audiobus.

Cubasis doesn’t have to be loaded into Audiobus for this to work. But it’s handy that way as you have the AB transport bar available from everywhere.

• how is it to work with MPE MIDI recordings and editing them?

• @LFS said:
    Dear all,

Freely available to existing customers, v2.8 adds two new drum machines plus MIDI grooves to the Classic Machines in-app purchase, perfectly complementing its collection of great sounding vintage drum machines.

Frequently requested for quite some time, full grid line support in the Arrange window and MIDI editor alongside refined Audio Share file handling and revised Track Freeze greatly supports a quicker workflow.

The new Notepad feature allows to have your lyrics or track information always with you directly within your Cubasis project and so much more.

Alongside, our Cubasis Summer Sale starts today and is available until July 3, 2019.

Big thanks to our great small creative team, who believe in Cubasis, and often outgrowing themselves to make our little app better and better.

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

Hi I would love to have the ability to change tempo?

• @wim said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@LFS said:
    Dear all,

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

Looking through the updates, was wondering with the update is there a way to sync start Cubasis with other LINK apps so I can use Cubasis with and in coordination with all my other apps as they operate?

There are different ways to sync stuff with Cubasis.....One often forgotten method is IAA sync (how long this will carry on working who knows)...If you load say Funk Drummer onto an audio track in cubasis, make sure link is turned off in Funk Drummer, it will then use IAA sync, so when you press play in Cubasis, funk drummer will start also.
    Not all apps support IAA sync, an dit will go away with IAA deprication at some point, but works well with those apps that support it...try your apps and see, just remember to turn link off in them.

Geez

Time to add Link

IMHO

Audiobus to the rescue. Just send midi clock from Cubasis to Audiobus, and Audiobus will manage Link. You’ll have to manage the tempo from Cubasis though as it Cubasis won’t respond to tempo changes from anything.

Set Cubasis to output midi clock. Set Audiobus to receive clock from “Virtual Midi” (Not from Cubasis). Enable link in Audiobus.

Cubasis doesn’t have to be loaded into Audiobus for this to work. But it’s handy that way as you have the AB transport bar available from everywhere.

So many posting of you would make great tutorials in the Wiki.
    Many thanks!

• Welp I have all the IAP for Cubasis now, and tryna buckle down and make some tracks in it. Now that my main daw (BM3) has uncertain future I need to master Cubasis!

• Damn a Cubasis is confusing af LOL

• Y’all, why does Cubasis only let me edit one pass of recording? And copy and paste? Example: I make a micrologue riff, then add more notes on the next pass. Tinker for a while , and then I go to copy and paste the riff and it only pastes half the notes! (The second pass)

It did the same thing when I tried to copy and paste a drum loop I made with classic machines. Only pasted the hi hats! Any clues?

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Y’all, why does Cubasis only let me edit one pass of recording? And copy and paste? Example: I make a micrologue riff, then add more notes on the next pass. Tinker for a while , and then I go to copy and paste the riff and it only pastes half the notes! (The second pass)

It did the same thing when I tried to copy and paste a drum loop I made with classic machines. Only pasted the hi hats! Any clues?

Select then all with the marquee tool and use Glue feature to glue all those passes together - then try copy paste

• @Halftone said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Y’all, why does Cubasis only let me edit one pass of recording? And copy and paste? Example: I make a micrologue riff, then add more notes on the next pass. Tinker for a while , and then I go to copy and paste the riff and it only pastes half the notes! (The second pass)

Select then all with the marquee tool and use Glue feature to glue all those passes together - then try copy paste

Ahhh there we go! Thanks!!

• Great update Lars and Cubasis team. I got the ARP and thinking about that drums IAP also. (to help you feed all the ios devs and their families who hopefully will create more ios devs and families ad infinitum)

• @Samu said:
    Don't know but this is still driving me nuts after all these years with Cubasis...

I record some audio...

Then I 'trim' the audio on the time-line/arranger...

Now I want to do 'destructive' trim on the audio event but...

...when I go to edit the audio (which is the only place where I can really 'trim' it) the whole file is selected and there is NO WAY to make the Cubasis Audio Editor to 'see' the start & end edits made on the time line...

In short the 'edits' on the time-line/arranger are just a waste of time when it comes to real audio-editing.

This becomes even more annoying if the intention is to 'chop' the recorded audio into smaller pieces and create individual files of the 'segments'.

@LFS would it be possible to make the Cubasis Audio-Editor at least 'select' the portion of the file that is visible on the time-line?

I could do a 'long tap' on the selected audio event and then do 'freeze between locators' to create a new file but seriously?!

Don't get me wrong, I like Cubasis but it's all these 'small logical gaps' that sometimes drive me nuts...
    Cheers!

Save the clip to the media bay and then replace it

• edited June 2019

Cubasis is my DAWOf choice. BM3 has been abandoned and NS2 still has so many critical things missing. Cubasis gets updated reliably on time each year and it continues to become more and more stable. I’ve mastered countless songs and arranged entire albums on Cubasis for IPad. I’m getting into using it as a midi sequencer more nowadays too.

Thanks @LFS for bringing the IOS community some hope in troubled times.

• Congrats to you and the great small team @LFS :)

• I feel we should applaud the guys at Steinberg for their work on Cubasis2 and consistent updates.
    Certain other developers (*cough Intua *cough) could learn a lot by studying the approach Steinberg uses and applying it to their own product.

• edited June 2019

@jasonpeter said:
    how is it to work with MPE MIDI recordings and editing them?

It works great. I have been using it for two weeks now and the recordings are super accurate. You can edit either notes or automation afterwards. The only DAW offering this at the moment, Nanostudio 2 is interesting too but lots of set up required. With Cubasis, you just put your mpe on a track and you are done :)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Save the clip to the media bay and then replace it

Doesn't work since the whole file will be saved...
    (The 'clip' in this case will be the area between the left and right locators in the editor NOT on the timeline/arranger).

• @Halftone said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

I'm new to cubasis (and ios music making) and found this strange too.
    I get that you may only want to copy/paste certain notes but surely that majority of users (especially new users trying to build their 1st song) are going to want all the notes copied? No?
    I wish there was some kind of toggle switch to stop cubasis separating each 'pass into' different layers. Maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake but I find them difficult to glue too...

Wish you could copy/paste automation easier too. Another toggle switch to tell cubasis to copy/paste (all/some) automation at the same time as note info.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm new so maybe I'm missing obvious stuff.

• Hi all,

Many many thanks for all your comment so far, greatly appreciated!
    If you like the update, please make sure to rate the app in the AppStore, which is of great help for us!

Thanks again,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

@jasonpeter said:
    how is it to work with MPE MIDI recordings and editing them?

Hi jasonpeter,

We've introduced ROLI and MPE support with Cubasis 2.6.

Please have a look if our available Cubasis 2.6 tutorial is of any helpful for you.
    In addition, ROLI gave it a dedicated feature too, which you can find on their website right here.

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

@FPC said:

@Halftone said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

I get that you may only want to copy/paste certain notes but surely that majority of users (especially new users trying to build their 1st song) are going to want all the notes copied? No?

Hi,

These are the steps...

• Tap the "Select" button
    • Tap, hold and move over the events to select them in one go
    • Tap the "Glue" button

Normally, this is a matter of seconds and should always work super quick and easy.

Please give it a try and let me know how you proceed.

Best,
    Lars

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@LFS said:
    Dear all,

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

Geez

Time to add Link

IMHO

Can you host Cubasis in Audiobus, then use audiobus for link ?

You can’t unfortunately....

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Cubasis is my DAWOf choice. BM3 has been abandoned and NS2 still has so many critical things missing. Cubasis gets updated reliably on time each year and it continues to become more and more stable. I’ve mastered countless songs and arranged entire albums on Cubasis for IPad. I’m getting into using it as a midi sequencer more nowadays too.

Thanks @LFS for bringing the IOS community some hope in troubled times.

Agreed. Cubasis+aum+ab3

• @LFS updating my review right now! Please, everyone who relies on CB, do the same. It is the least we can do. Lifetime (more or less) updates and support for a $50 (or $25) purchase? Magic!

• 5 deserved stars just submitted.

Sir Doug’s vids helped persuade me a while ago and I’ve not looked back.

• I just gave it 5* again as well. Which still seems a bit odd to me. But anything less than 5* these days is taken as a damning review.

• @Halftone said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

I wish there was some kind of toggle switch to stop cubasis sep> @LFS said:

@FPC said:

@Halftone said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

Hi,

These are the steps...

• Tap the "Glue" button

Normally, this is a matter of seconds and should always work super quick and easy.

Best,
    Lars

Thanks Lars. I get it now. Quite obvious really. Maybe I should have watch a few tutorials...

• @LFS said:

Hi,

These are the steps...

• Tap the "Glue" button

Best,
    Lars

>

@FPC said
    Thanks Lars. I get it now. Quite obvious really. Maybe I should have watch a few tutorials...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you're up and running...

Best,
    Lars