Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

T-shirt Designs from all for Doug TSTR https://shop.spreadshirt.de/tobiasrobens/

Comments

• @_mwallace I really like that one😎👍

• edited June 2019

@animal said:
    Maybe Doug @thesoundtestroom wants a link?

Here’s a Dropbox link to a PNG version with transparent background. If you need it in another format let me know.

https://dropbox.com/s/gabcvumxm59fjrd/TSTR_Shirt.png?dl=0

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @_mwallace I really like that one😎👍

Cool. Thanks Doug!

• @_mwallace I’d be in for one of those, nice work!

• Ok, I used the dropbox-png, and it‘s live now. No side can be more than 4000 px on spreadshirt, but I used 300dpi (as with all the others). I‘m just not sure, if it would be better with the white background..?. Let me know what you think. Cool design!

• @animal said:
    Ok, I used the dropbox-png, and it‘s live now. No side can be more than 4000 px on spreadshirt, but I used 300dpi (as with all the others). I‘m just not sure, if it would be better with the white background..?. Let me know what you think. Cool design!

I like it. Here’s an alternate version with white text for use on dark shirts.

https://dropbox.com/s/3r1ofyg3x4rybgm/TSTR_Shirt_black.png?dl=0

• edited June 2019

@animal said:
    Ok, I used the dropbox-png, and it‘s live now. No side can be more than 4000 px on spreadshirt, but I used 300dpi (as with all the others). I‘m just not sure, if it would be better with the white background..?. Let me know what you think. Cool design!

Maybe just alter the shirt colors in your shop to use the black text design on light shirts, and the white text on the dark shirts.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    @_mwallace I’d be in for one of those, nice work!

Thank you!

• @animal said:
    Done.

Awesome! It’s a great thing you’re doing here for Doug. I hope you sell a bunch of them for him.

• edited June 2019

How about something like this

You can use the iOS app called BeCasso to do the effect. I think it would look cool on a black shirt.

Add some Notes, Sine Waves and EQ paths to the background above his head and he will look like Einstein. 🙏🏼💕

@animal @thesoundtestroom is there anyway to get a 300dpi image of this wonderful portrait of Doug?

I’ll work on the idea later today and post here and make the layered file available as well.

• Best yet!

• Love it @echoopera

Just try to make sure you get his full beard in - that bottom half took me quite a while to reconstruct convincingly in Photoshop!

• @tk32 yeah. I need the full portrait. Finding source is always key. This is more of a sketch. I might be able to finish off the line work in post...just on my iPhone now so I’m limited on what i can do 😬

• @echoopera said:

This is what I'm talking about - simple. Doesn't need text - I'm not wearing a shirt as an advertisement, I'm buying one to support the cause. I like the idea of the only people who get it are "in the know".

Either with the effect or the plain image on black posted before is perfect for me. The image just makes me giggle every time I see it - honestly I may get one made on my own just because it makes me laugh...

• YES. This is perfect.

• Yes!, great looking. Go ahead and do it. I wouldn‘t know where to find a high resolution version, though. Didn‘t Doug say who has the original files? Not sure. We could use some more people opening shops, too, I think. The more, the merrier!

• edited June 2019

I haven't had much free time since yesterday, but here's something I rustled up quickly

Artwork ref: TK-01

Download link below (PNG file, 4.5mb)

• edited June 2019

That “Comic Noir” effect is also used in FaceTime and Clips, so freakin cool @echoopera . I gotta say, fix the beard, make a few color options and then ... not up to me, but for the brand: delete all the others and make this one the iconic tstr shirt.

• @tk32 said:
    I haven't had much free time since yesterday, but here's something I rustled up quickly

I like this one. Are you able to put a background on it when you have more time?

• edited June 2019

ok...here are some options:

And the hi-res .PSD file for anyone to tweak and use:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgwsad0v0h6v541/doug-layers.psd?dl=0

Just set the Portrait layer to Screen or Multiply if you want to add background elements to it...the .PSD is already set up as such...and I believe it will import intact into Affinity Designer/Photo.

I'm not a T-Shirt designer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently :)

Just kidding...been a Graphic/UI Designer for 20+ years and just want to help in whatever way I can. Thanks for setting up this thread @animal . :)

• edited June 2019

Wow. Wow. Well done, @echoopera; perfect conceptual inspiration, @animal. Collaboration rules.

It's funny how an image you like when tweaked by an actual designer becomes an image you love. I mean, I'm not sure I'd wear a T-shirt with a realistic photograph of a guy on it that no one really knows. But if you make it a slightly crazy illustration of the same guy? HELL YES, I want that T-shirt.

And I kind of think that maybe there shouldn't be a wide variety; that might confuse things.
    Can we vote for one of these four? I kind of dig the blue one, but can someone set up a poll?

(Wasn't paying attention: nice one also @tk32.)

• @echoopera The B&W one is excellent.

I'd like to place my order now....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wow. Wow. Well done, @echoopera; perfect conceptual inspiration, @animal. Collaboration rules.

It's funny how an image you like when tweaked by an actual designer becomes an image you love. I mean, I'm not sure I'd wear a T-shirt with a realistic photograph of a guy on it that no one really knows. But if you make it a slightly crazy illustration of the same guy? HELL YES, I want that T-shirt.

And I kind of think that maybe there shouldn't be a wide variety; that might confuse things.
    Can we vote for one of these four? I kind of dig the blue one, but can someone set up a poll?

Thanks...just building on the great effort started by @animal The .PSD has all the elements from the 4 comps...so whoever is the resident T-Shirt designer (hint hint animal) could set the file up for print.

Also, if someone is enterprising enough, this could look cool as a Poster as well:

• Great work. That is an iconic image if I ever saw one.

• edited June 2019

I've also vectorized the image in Illustrator. You can grab the .AI and .SVG file here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u30a1y7jelrxcmo/tstr-vector.zip?dl=0
    note: I didn't optimize or reduce the number of vertices in the file, so if you use it and it feels heavy, just optimize it :) Now at least, the stylized version of the photo is infinitely scalable. Anyone have access to a BillBoard on the 9? :wink:

This is what the result is like...kind of cool if you ask me. It's such a great photo

• @echoopera said:

You can use the iOS app called BeCasso to do the effect. I think it would look cool on a black shirt.

Add some Notes, Sine Waves and EQ paths to the background above his head and he will look like Einstein. 🙏🏼💕

@animal @thesoundtestroom is there anyway to get a 300dpi image of this wonderful portrait of Doug?

I’ll work on the idea later today and post here and make the layered file available as well.

I like this one.

• Everyone probably just did the same as me, looked at your page and couldn’t find the soundtestroomt-shirt> @EyeOhEss said:

This one would be great on a coffee mug too ;)

Yes, instabuy on a nice big mug for me.

• What’s the best site for these kind of on-demand products? Zazzle? I’ll do some research.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    What’s the best site for these kind of on-demand products? Zazzle? I’ll do some research.

Spreadshirt seem very professional. They have both US and UK based websites too.
    (And they are company Michael from Audiobus used when he set up his own AB merch)