Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8 and Summer Sale available

Comments

• Also wondering about MIDI LEARN for the mixer?

• I will be Live Streaming tonight (Wed 12th June) at 20.00 UK Time demoing the new 2.8 update.
    It would be cool if you could join in👍

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I will be Live Streaming tonight (Wed 12th June) at 20.00 UK Time demoing the new 2.8 update.

I'll try to drop in. The new classic machines are pretty nice even though it's just a bunch of new samples with a skin :)

One thing that is often forgotten is that the classic machines respond to pitch-bend and also have the envelope in the inspector which can be nice to soften the attack on the kick as an example, practically useful on the new 'comp' kit.

Happy to see the triplet grid finally showing up as an option :)
    I'm also starting to like the 'Room Works SE' reverb that can be unlocked by registering over at Steinberg now we just need 'mix busses' in Cubasis :D

• @LFS said:

@Paa89 said:
    Oh one more thing. double taping on the snap to grid doesn’t go back to the previous but rather turns off snap to grid. i tried with various grids and it always turns the snap off.
    Maybe it’s just iOS 13 issue.

Double tap on the grid button should toggle between "Off" and the "previous" setting.
    Works as expected using the current iOS 12, maybe broken on the current iOS 13 beta.

Works as expected on iPad Pro 10.5” running iOS 13 beta 1 - double tab toggles between OFF and last setting.

• @Samu said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I will be Live Streaming tonight (Wed 12th June) at 20.00 UK Time demoing the new 2.8 update.

I'll try to drop in. The new classic machines are pretty nice even though it's just a bunch of new samples with a skin :)

One thing that is often forgotten is that the classic machines respond to pitch-bend and also have the envelope in the inspector which can be nice to soften the attack on the kick as an example, practically useful on the new 'comp' kit.

Happy to see the triplet grid finally showing up as an option :)
    I'm also starting to like the 'Room Works SE' reverb that can be unlocked by registering over at Steinberg now we just need 'mix busses' in Cubasis :D

Thanks Samu, glad to hear you like the update!

Plus, the Classic Machines are super lightweight in terms of CPU use.

This makes it easy to create grooves with a single instance, and distribute the kits' instruments to individual outputs via track duplicate and minor MIDI event editing.

Best,
    Lars

Love to hear this, Doug - greatly appreciated.
    Will try to stop by!

Best,
    Lars

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Looking through the updates, was wondering with the update is there a way to sync start Cubasis with other LINK apps > so I can use Cubasis with and in coordination with all my other apps as they operate?
    Also wondering about MIDI LEARN for the mixer?

Hi @RUST(i)K,

Both topics are on our list for future updates, but might take some time still!

Best,
    Lars

• @RUST( i )K said:

@LFS said:
    Dear all,

We are proud to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 2.8!

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Freely available to existing customers, v2.8 adds two new drum machines plus MIDI grooves to the Classic Machines in-app purchase, perfectly complementing its collection of great sounding vintage drum machines.

Frequently requested for quite some time, full grid line support in the Arrange window and MIDI editor alongside refined Audio Share file handling and revised Track Freeze greatly supports a quicker workflow.

The new Notepad feature allows to have your lyrics or track information always with you directly within your Cubasis project and so much more.

Alongside, our Cubasis Summer Sale starts today and is available until July 3, 2019.
    Enjoy 50% off Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases!

Please support us, by rating Cubasis on the App Store!
    Your feedback is valuable and helps us to further develop and improve our app!

Big thanks to our great small creative team, who believe in Cubasis, and often outgrowing themselves to make our little app better and better.

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

Looking through the updates, was wondering with the update is there a way to sync start Cubasis with other LINK apps so I can use Cubasis with and in coordination with all my other apps as they operate?

NO link support in Cubasis....
    There are different ways to sync stuff with Cubasis.....One often forgotten method is IAA sync (how long this will carry on working who knows)...If you load say Funk Drummer onto an audio track in cubasis, make sure link is turned off in Funk Drummer, it will then use IAA sync, so when you press play in Cubasis, funk drummer will start also.
    Not all apps support IAA sync, an dit will go away with IAA deprication at some point, but works well with those apps that support it...try your apps and see, just remember to turn link off in them.

• @LFS said:

This makes it easy to create grooves with a single instance, and distribute the kits' instruments to individual outputs via track duplicate and minor MIDI event editing.

Best,
    Lars

Spot on ! I do this all the time and it works great.

You can also get a 'pitched' kick if you go down below C1 ;)

Thanks @Lars for the update, and thanks to the team for all their continued efforts :)

• Thanks for another great update @LFS
    Look forward to digging into this later.

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

@AndyPlankton said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

Spot on ! I do this all the time and it works great.

You can also get a 'pitched' kick if you go down below C1 ;)

Thanks @Lars for the update, and thanks to the team for all their continued efforts :)

Thanks, Andy... :)

• The Cubasis website has been updated as well...

What's new in Cubasis 2.8
    Classic Machines

• @LFS the snap to grid works.
    I mistakenly read that you could toggle between the current and previous, my bad☺️

• Lol I bought Micrologue like 2 days ago. Bad luck ;(

Awesome!

• @Norbert said:
    Lol I bought Micrologue like 2 days ago. Bad luck ;(

Or psychic

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@LFS said:
    Dear all,

Freely available to existing customers, v2.8 adds two new drum machines plus MIDI grooves to the Classic Machines in-app purchase, perfectly complementing its collection of great sounding vintage drum machines.

Frequently requested for quite some time, full grid line support in the Arrange window and MIDI editor alongside refined Audio Share file handling and revised Track Freeze greatly supports a quicker workflow.

The new Notepad feature allows to have your lyrics or track information always with you directly within your Cubasis project and so much more.

Alongside, our Cubasis Summer Sale starts today and is available until July 3, 2019.

Big thanks to our great small creative team, who believe in Cubasis, and often outgrowing themselves to make our little app better and better.

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

Looking through the updates, was wondering with the update is there a way to sync start Cubasis with other LINK apps so I can use Cubasis with and in coordination with all my other apps as they operate?

There are different ways to sync stuff with Cubasis.....One often forgotten method is IAA sync (how long this will carry on working who knows)...If you load say Funk Drummer onto an audio track in cubasis, make sure link is turned off in Funk Drummer, it will then use IAA sync, so when you press play in Cubasis, funk drummer will start also.
    Not all apps support IAA sync, an dit will go away with IAA deprication at some point, but works well with those apps that support it...try your apps and see, just remember to turn link off in them.

So I can’t use Link in Ableton oh

I use that for hardware sync

Geez

Time to add Link

IMHO

• @Paa89 said:
    @LFS the snap to grid works.
    I mistakenly read that you could toggle between the current and previous, my bad☺️

True, but it would be awesome to use double-tap to toggle between two grid settings until we get dedicated grid settings for Arrange and Midi-Editor :) (Ie. use 'Bars' in the Arranger and 'Other' in the Midi-Editor).

• @RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@LFS said:
    Dear all,

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

So I can’t use Link in Ableton oh

I use that for hardware sync

Geez

Time to add Link

IMHO

Can you host Cubasis in Audiobus, then use audiobus for link ?

• Adding Link to ANY app that handles audio is not an easy thing. Time stretching multiple audio tracks would likely bring most iPads to a screeching halt (cpu). This is why hardly any(?) DAWs have Link.

• CB-4504 Double tap on snap button allows to toggle the snap state between off and previous state.

Nice! :)

• @LFS
    Sorry to say that, but MIDI file export is incomplete. When exporting and re-importing a MIDI file in v2.8, track names and track notes Meta events are missing in the MIDI file.
    Neither Meta event $FF 03 (track name) nor $FF 02 (arbitrary track text) are saved per track.
    Please check.

• Great work on the update! Many thanks... I've been moving from BM3 back over to Cubasis now that we have a decent AU3 sampler (Chameleon/SampleFX) to make up for the loss of BM3's amazing sample management.

I am seeing random max CPU spikes after the update. Could be an unruly AU3, though I don't remember seeing this before the update (same project).

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

@osc101 said:
    Great work on the update! Many thanks... I've been moving from BM3 back over to Cubasis now that we have a decent AU3 sampler (Chameleon/SampleFX) to make up for the loss of BM3's amazing sample management.

I am seeing random max CPU spikes after the update. Could be an unruly AU3, though I don't remember seeing this before the update (same project).

hi osc101,

Thanks for your message. Glad to hear you like the update!

Do you notice the CPU spikes using Cubasis on itself?

If not, are you able to nail down the CPU spikes to a specific AU instrument and or in use?

Would be of great help, to check back with the app vendor.

Also, please let us also know, what iPad model and iOS you use.

Best,
    Lars

• edited June 2019

@yowza said:
    Adding Link to ANY app that handles audio is not an easy thing. Time stretching multiple audio tracks would likely bring most iPads to a screeching halt (cpu). This is why hardly any(?) DAWs have Link.

Works like a charm in BM3.. would really love to sync Blocs Wave with Cubasis... AudioShare looks interesting...

• @LFS Magic! Now if I can only figure out how to make "glue" work! @Paa89, great track. Can't get it out of my mind. Just needs some reverb and a fade out.😈

• @LinearLineman said:
    @LFS Magic! Now if I can only figure out how to make "glue" work! @Paa89, great track. Can't get it out of my mind. Just needs some reverb and a fade out.😈

🤣thanks.will definitely finish it.up

• edited June 2019

@LFS
    Don’t know if this is iOS 13 beta 1 related.
    Sample start and end point trim issue.
    You can edit the start point of a sample on the timeline, but if you decide to drag the start point back to original, Cubasis won’t let you, and it automatically changes the end point of the sample.
    My explanation is bad.please watch the video . If you watch closely, you will see the samples end points wave form changing

• edited June 2019

@LFS said:

@osc101 said:
    Great work on the update! Many thanks... I've been moving from BM3 back over to Cubasis now that we have a decent AU3 sampler (Chameleon/SampleFX) to make up for the loss of BM3's amazing sample management.

hi osc101,

Thanks for your message. Glad to hear you like the update!

Do you notice the CPU spikes using Cubasis on itself?

If not, are you able to nail down the CPU spikes to a specific AU instrument and or in use?

Would be of great help, to check back with the app vendor.

Also, please let us also know, what iPad model and iOS you use.

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for response. I will do some additional testing tonight... This is on the latest iPad 12.9 with most recent IOS.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @LFS Magic! Now if I can only figure out how to make "glue" work! @Paa89, great track. Can't get it out of my mind. Just needs some reverb and a fade out.😈

Glue is the opposite of split. Highlight two side by side midi clips on the same channel and you can “glue” them as one clip. If you need to break one long clip into smaller ones you use the split tool by highlighting the clip and splitting where the play cursor sits.