Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The IceWorks synths are on sale until june 20th

Comments

• Cool, think I'll finally grab Kronecker

• None of the IceWorks apps have presets?

• @LinearLineman said:
    None of the IceWorks apps have presets?

There's quite a lot of presets in all of them one just needs to use their built-in preset browser.

• Which is your favorite @samu?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Which is your favorite @samu?

Though call but I tend to use Lorentz the most but they are all good and worth to have in the arsenal.

I recall that Doug has made videos for all of them so they might be worth a look and help you decide :)

• edited June 2019

Own them all except Redshrike! 😊
    Can anyone explain the main differences in sound character to the others?

Would be Redshrike interesting when owning the other IceWorks synths?

🙏

Edit/
    One error in my posting, I mean Redshrike not Mersenne... 😎

• What is the regular price? They are at 6.99 € now. Not sure if sales are also available on french AppStore. Lorentz is my favorite iOS synth by far.

• @Janosax said:
    What is the regular price? They are at 6.99 € now. Not sure if sales are also available on french AppStore. Lorentz is my favorite iOS synth by far.

Prices in $

• edited June 2019

@White Thanks, regular price here is 8.99 €:

• @chandroji said:
    Own them all except Mersenne! 😊

Would be Mersenne interesting when owning the other IceWorks synths?

🙏

This is from @Fruitbat1919

LaPlace - this one is very much about the resonator and exciter. Noise also takes a larger role than in many synths. This synth does stringed and wind instruments well, but mechanical keys work well too.

Lorentz - this imo has more analog subtractive leanings with a twist. The resonator can help towards a more organic sound than the traditional digital emulations of analog this synth leans towards.

Redshrike - this one is all about screaming lead sounds imo. Enough said - it just screams well!

Mersenne - bells, plucks and percussion sort of sums up this one. Makes great oriental sound layers that merge well with synth or wind layers from their other synths.

Kronecker - the most sound making layers of any of these synths and really aimed towards poly rhythmic layers of clicks and more. Yes I can understand the clockwork connection with this one.

——-

• Lorenz is one of my favorite music apps ever. I don’t know whether it’s fair to call it under appreciated or not (I feel like it is), but to me this synth is really special. It’s the whole “Resonator” thing that they do with many of their synths (which are generally all great), and I happen to think they nailed it with Lorenz. People talk about apps that sound dirty vs pretty but this is where that Venn diagram overlaps haha. The combination of the drive, the resonance feedback, and the unique resonance “pitch” adds up to something really raw but really musical.

The resonator sound is beautifully dirty, like that ex you want to call but shouldn’t 😂

• Last year i posted a Lorentz presetbank

... and i remember working on a Redshrike bank, but don‘t know if i also posted that one

• I have Mersenne and Kroenecker and I like them both quite a bit. Mersenne makes good bell-like tones, and Kroenecker is like Mersenne on steroids.

Kroenecker is one of those synths that I just love but haven't worked out how to use it in a musical context yet. There's a video in there somewhere....

• I wish devs wouldn't put apps on sale! I have too many already and now have Lorentz to not use enough too... ;-)

• @klownshed said:
    I wish devs wouldn't put apps on sale! I have too many already and now have Lorentz to not use enough too... ;-)

:D :) ;)

• tjatja
    edited June 2019

I could not get myself to want Kronecker, somehow.

Also, I still did not get Xenon.
    Do I need it?

And finally, I was waiting for Cassini to be updated to AU, which does not seem to ever happen.
    Do I need it?
    I mean for my museum shelf.... as I too have way too many Synths.

• Just bought Lorentz. Love it! :)

• Wondering about how Cassini holds up now that the dev shifted his focus to other apps.

• @tja said:

@klownshed said:
    I wish devs wouldn't put apps on sale! I have too many already and now have Lorentz to not use enough too... ;-)

:D :) ;)

And Kronecker now too. I am starting to think I’m in danger of becoming an appoholic.

• edited June 2019

Same here, and for some reason cannot click the Buy button. Something about that horizontal scrolling doesn't resonate with me. See what I did there? 🤓I'm not sweating it, it's only $2 diff.

@chandroji said:
    Own them all except Redshrike! 😊

Would be Redshrike interesting when owning the other IceWorks synths?

🙏

Edit/
    One error in my posting, I mean Redshrike not Mersenne... 😎

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Something about that horizontal scrolling doesn't resonate with me. See what I did there? 🤓I'm not sweating it, it's only $2 diff.

Horizontal scrolling is a nonissue, no worse than vertical scroll. It's all about the sound.

• I have trouble visualizing a patch, with the horizontal scrolling. (Tera Synth). I do enjoy opening up patches to see what they can do. I may still give it a try.

@philowerx said:

@Crawlingwind said:
    Something about that horizontal scrolling doesn't resonate with me. See what I did there? 🤓I'm not sweating it, it's only $2 diff.

Horizontal scrolling is a nonissue, no worse than vertical scroll. It's all about the sound.

• I have the Preset Pack from Sound of Izrael and there are patches for RedShrike I cannot use right now. So MAYBE I will pick up the redshrike although I think its nothing downtempo ambient production can use... time will tell ;)

• I don't have the physical modeling one. Is is LaPlace? Anyone recommend that one? Does it get wacky, is it similar in sound to the other iceworks apps?

• @kinkujin said:
    I don't have the physical modeling one. Is is LaPlace? Anyone recommend that one? Does it get wacky, is it similar in sound to the other iceworks apps?

All of the more recent iceGear apps have a resonator section, but yes, Laplace is, essentially, a Karplus-Strong synthesizer, but with two variable methods of impulse generation and an extra FM sine generator that you cross fade with. Personally I love it (but maybe I love Mersenne a teeny, tiny bit more - scratch that, I love them equally, I just use Mersenne a bit more frequently)!

It’s possible to get some similar sounds (when you focus on the resonator and make then input sounds simpler) but there’s also a lot of unique territory in each synth. Does it get wacky? Yes, especially if you apply some external modulation.