Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8 and Summer Sale available

LFSLFS
edited June 2019 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

We are proud to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 2.8!

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Freely available to existing customers, v2.8 adds two new drum machines plus MIDI grooves to the Classic Machines in-app purchase, perfectly complementing its collection of great sounding vintage drum machines.

Frequently requested for quite some time, full grid line support in the Arrange window and MIDI editor alongside refined Audio Share file handling and revised Track Freeze greatly supports a quicker workflow.

The new Notepad feature allows to have your lyrics or track information always with you directly within your Cubasis project and so much more.

Alongside, our Cubasis Summer Sale starts today and is available until July 3, 2019.
Enjoy 50% off Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases!

Please support us, by rating Cubasis on the App Store!
Your feedback is valuable and helps us to further develop and improve our app!

Big thanks to our great small creative team, who believe in Cubasis, and often outgrowing themselves to make our little app better and better.

Thanks
& enjoy making music
Lars

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

Cubasis Summer Sale (runs until July 3, 2019)
    50% OFF on Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases

・Cubasis 2 $23.99/26.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
    Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    Classic Machines IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    Micrologue ARP IAP $1.99/2.29€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
    FX Pack 1 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    FX Pack 2 IAP $2.99/3.99€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

What's New in Cubasis 2.8

・Classic Machines Refill *
    Be truly inspired when programming your beats with two beautiful, sought-after drum kits, each in two tasty variations and with a range of ready-to-go MIDI grooves, newly added to Classic Machines in-app purchase. As an existing user you can grab the Classic Machines update for free, or get more bang for your buck if you’re a newbie.

・Notepad
    Use the great new notepad feature to display lyrics within Cubasis and easily adjust them to your needs. You can also write down track-based information or any other notes you need. Just make your choice and Cubasis follows.

・AudioShare support *
    Tap the new AudioShare button to instantly import the audio files you want to use in your project or share audio files with the rest of the world. Cubasis makes it simple to keep your focus on what's most important.

・Track Freeze refresh
    Track Freeze quickly converts tracks (including their settings) into new audio tracks. In 2.8, easily normalize tracks on the go while freezing them, or set locators to limit track freeze to single events or dedicated regions.

・Full grid lines support in Arrange Window
    Benefit from an even better user experience and razor-sharp precision that makes use of full grid lines support in the Arrange Window, including newly added support for triplet and dotted notes.

・Full grid lines support in MIDI editor
    Whether you are composing new MIDI parts in the MIDI editor or polishing existing tracks - grid lines support provides you with great new options to snap notes to the beat with total accuracy, speed and efficiency.

・Maintenance
    Cubasis 2.8 includes several user-requested improvements, which assure the best possible performance with the utmost stability.

*Classic Machines Refill requires Classic Machines IAP, AudioShare support requires the AudioShare app.

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

Cubasis 2.8 Maintenance and Improvements

CB-4615 Bluetooth A2DP support added.
    CB-4632 Several podcaster project templates added to MediaBay.
    CB-4633 Cubasis LE adds a new compressor effect plug-in.
    CB-4504 Double tap on snap button allows to toggle the snap state between off and previous state.
    CB-4635 Template "Create Project with MIDI and Audio Track" has been been updated.
    CB-4587 Solves a rare problem, where double tapping on a Micrologue factory preset renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CB-4650 Loading a project than contains unknown Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-ins no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CB-4599 Solves a problem where certain parameters of some Audio Unit plug-ins could not be automated.
    CB-4612 Solves a rare problem, where the project sample rate is switched to 16 kHz when connecting a dedicated bluetooth headphone model.
    CB-4591 Solves a minor issue, where the project sample rate message appears, after connecting a hardware that supports the existing sample rate.
    CB-4624 MIDI track naming is adopted correctly, after MIDI notes are recorded or drawn in the editor.
    CB-4613 Solves a minor graphical issue, where a grey border appears around the Classic Machines (in-app purchase) user interface.

• Nice. Thanks @LFS

• First thoughts subtle changes but welcome. The Classic Drums GUI look fab, the grid lines are a lot tighter. Great to have AudioShare import could of sworn that’s always been there. The freeze refresh will be useful. Probably won’t use the notepad a lot but handy if you leave a session and you want to remember what you was doing before closing.

• Thanks for listing the improvements @LFS :+1:
    And thanks especially for

CB-4650 Loading a project than contains unknown Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-ins no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.

• @LFS thanks for the update. Especially for the grid, other features and fixes, but classic machines again?🤣🤣
    How does the Freeze setting work? I tried using the new settings feature and the freeze goes directly to mixdown instead of freezing to timeline, is it meant to work this way?

• @Paa89 said:
    @LFS thanks for the update. Especially for the grid, other features and fixes, but classic machines again?🤣🤣
    How does the Freeze setting work? I tried using the new settings feature and the freeze goes directly to mixdown instead of freezing to timeline, is it meant to work this way?

@LFS Be good to see a video of all the freeze options now if possible ?

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

@Paa89 said:

Hi Paa89,

These are the steps...

• Please go to Setup/Mixdown / Share
    • In the "Track Freeze Uses Mixdown Settings" tab, make sure "Apply mixdown settings..." is enabled
    • Tab "Setting" button to customize your desired settings (Mixdown between locators, Include effect tail, Normalize)

In this context, it might make sense to check out the "Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track" option under Setup/Arranger too.

Having this option unchecked allows to use track freeze of a single track multiple times, without losing the rendered audio. Suggest to give it a try, if you haven't used it before...

Best,
    Lars

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @LFS Be good to see a video of all the freeze options now if possible ?

Did you already check our available Cubasis 2.8 tutorial?
    In addition, I've shortly explained the settings and options in my reply to Paa89 above.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Paa89 said:

Hi Paa89,

These are the steps...

• Please go to Setup/Mixdown / Share
    • In the "Track Freeze Uses Mixdown Settings" tab, make sure "Apply mixdown settings..." is enabled
    • Tab "Setting" button to customize your desired settings (Mixdown between locators, Include effect tail, Normalize)

In this context, it might make sense to check out the "Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track" option under Setup/Arranger too.

Best,
    Lars

Nicer.oh thanks for Note pad too.

• Great news, many thanks!

• Just downloaded the update.

Nice to see new grid options but...
    ...it would be even better to have separate grid setting for the arranger and midi-editor!
    As an example use 'bars' for the arranger and '16ths' for the midi-editor.

Nice to see the triplet grid option finally showing up :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hey guys.
    Testing on iOS 13 iPad Pro 11.
    Take a look at the notepad feature with the new iPad resizable keyboard

@LFS does the Audioshare feature use samples from audioshare folder ? or it saves a new copy in Cubasis (occupying space) ?

• @EyeOhEss said:
    How the hell do i put FX on the master??? I’m sure it’s right in from of me but..brain failure :/

Hi EyeOhEss,

Here are the steps...

• Please tap "Mixer" button on the main menu bar
    • In the mixer: tap the "e" button on the master fader to the right
    • Choose your desired effect

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

@Paa89 said:
    Hey guys.

@LFS does the Audioshare feature use samples from audioshare folder ? or it saves a new copy in Cubasis (occupying space) ?

WOW... this looks great... ;)
    Thanks for the on-screen greetings! And... the team did the great job!

• @EyeOhEss said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hey guys.

This stuff was discussed in a thread the other day and duplicating sample Files doesn’t actually take more space up. Until a file gets destructively edited :) Totally cured my samples/housekeeping anxiety in iOS ;) I just throw everything all over the place now!

Hi thanks for the update.thats very interesting.moving all my samples to Audioshare then 🤣

• Hi all,

In case you've missed it, here is the link to the 2.8 tutorial...

New Notepad, Track Freeze Refresh and More in Cubasis 2.8 | New Features in Cubasis 2

Best,
    Lars

• edited June 2019

@LFS said:

@Paa89 said:
    Hey guys.

WOW... this looks great... ;)
    Thanks for the on-screen greetings! And... the team did the great job!

@LFS let me know if there’s anything you want me to test on iOS 13.
    Would love to help.
    Oh one more thing. double taping on the snap to grid doesn’t go back to the previous but rather turns off snap to grid. i tried with various grids and it always turns the snap off.
    Maybe it’s just iOS 13 issue.

• @rs2000 said:
    Thanks for listing the improvements @LFS :+1:
    And thanks especially for

Thanks @rs2000!

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

Some others users that know their onions (I think @Samu IIRC?) said this is all fine though and won’t double up each time you copy the samples :) wish I’d known this a while back!

All I know is that iOS is currently pretty bad at calculating the space that is actually used.

It also depends on how the files are copied and also consider that not all iPads are running Cubasis ton on an iOS version that actually uses APFS.

Personally I see no big deal in coping the file into Cubasis or the current project.

What I would like is to see is an option in Cubasis media bay to show all audio files in the current project.

I do feel that using 'linked files' (from USB or SMB or 'other app containers') will add another layer of error handling in case the file would go awol...

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@Samu said:
    I do feel that using 'linked files' (from USB or SMB or 'other app containers') will add another layer of error handling in case the file would go awol...

It shouldn't. Removing and automating the "linking" functionality from userspace should make it a completely transparent process.
    I can understand the hesitation to trust but if there's one thing that is stress-tested in-depth, it's certainly any new file system.

• @Paa89 said:
    Oh one more thing. double taping on the snap to grid doesn’t go back to the previous but rather turns off snap to grid. i tried with various grids and it always turns the snap off.
    Maybe it’s just iOS 13 issue.

Double tap on the grid button should toggle between "Off" and the "previous" setting.
    Works as expected using the current iOS 12, maybe broken on the current iOS 13 beta.

• @LFS said:
    Dear all,

We are proud to announce the immediate release of Cubasis 2.8!

Download Cubasis on the App Store

Freely available to existing customers, v2.8 adds two new drum machines plus MIDI grooves to the Classic Machines in-app purchase, perfectly complementing its collection of great sounding vintage drum machines.

Frequently requested for quite some time, full grid line support in the Arrange window and MIDI editor alongside refined Audio Share file handling and revised Track Freeze greatly supports a quicker workflow.

The new Notepad feature allows to have your lyrics or track information always with you directly within your Cubasis project and so much more.

Alongside, our Cubasis Summer Sale starts today and is available until July 3, 2019.
    Enjoy 50% off Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases!

Please support us, by rating Cubasis on the App Store!
    Your feedback is valuable and helps us to further develop and improve our app!

Big thanks to our great small creative team, who believe in Cubasis, and often outgrowing themselves to make our little app better and better.

Thanks
    & enjoy making music
    Lars

Looking through the updates, was wondering with the update is there a way to sync start Cubasis with other LINK apps so I can use Cubasis with and in coordination with all my other apps as they operate?

• @Samu said:

@EyeOhEss said:

Some others users that know their onions (I think @Samu IIRC?) said this is all fine though and won’t double up each time you copy the samples :) wish I’d known this a while back!

All I know is that iOS is currently pretty bad at calculating the space that is actually used.

It also depends on how the files are copied and also consider that not all iPads are running Cubasis ton on an iOS version that actually uses APFS.

Personally I see no big deal in coping the file into Cubasis or the current project.

What I would like is to see is an option in Cubasis media bay to show all audio files in the current project.

Horrible and the files system and iCloud w MacBook cause utter chaos and confusion for me with memory at times......like on Audioshare etc