Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio share.. Quite and lifeless...

So if I export anything to audio share, wether I make it on my iPad or in Ableton the audio is very quite regardless of the recording.... If I export it to iTunes it is normal, loud and sounds great.... What is wrong with my settings!.?
Even in this clip pictured where the audio is clearly clipping off the page it's super quiet I have to turn my stereo up all the way to get it to sound just alright...

Comments

• What iPhone model (XR/XS?) are you using?

I noticed that my iPhone 8 is pretty quiet when measurement mode is on...
    Thankfully TwistedWave can switch on the fly and thus switch off the annoying auto-gain (recording with measurement mode ON and editing with measurement mode OFF).

• @Samu said:
    What iPhone model (XR/XS?) are you using?

I noticed that my iPhone 8 is pretty quiet when measurement mode is on...
    Thankfully TwistedWave can switch on the fly and thus switch off the annoying auto-gain (recording with measurement mode ON and editing with measurement mode OFF).

iPhone xs max....
    I haven't actually tried it with my iPad cuz I don't take it in the car but I feel like it maybe the same thing there...
    I'm not familiar with measurement mode!
    Gonna have to look into that, hopefully it can be disabled lol

• @reasOne : how are you listening on your phone? Does the same behavior exhibit itself with headphones and built-in speaker?

Have you checked the volume settings?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @reasOne : how are you listening on your phone? Does the same behavior exhibit itself with headphones and built-in speaker?

Lightning USB to car stereo and Bluetooth..
    No headphone on xs max

• @reasOne said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @reasOne : how are you listening on your phone? Does the same behavior exhibit itself with headphones and built-in speaker?

Lightning USB to car stereo and Bluetooth..
    No headphone on xs max

How does the volume sound through the phone's built-in speaker?

Have you double-checked the volume setting on your phone itself when AudioShare is playing? The phone's volume setting may be per-app and adjusting it on the device influences things.

• Well here is my solution.

I don't use Audioshare for "processing" only catalog and movement of files or folders.

If you are interested in quality file management and processing at a higher level then you need to get Twisted Wave.

Twisted Wave = Audio Edit / Process
    A Share = IAA sharing and cataloging or moving samples

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Well here is my solution.

I don't use Audioshare for "processing" only catalog and movement of files or folders.

If you are interested in quality file management and processing at a higher level then you need to get Twisted Wave.

I believe he is just talking about playback volume of files in the app not about the results of its file processing.

• edited June 2019

Is iTunes converting the format? It looks extremely clipped/limited in Audioshare unless there is some way to zoom in I don't know about. Should be quite loud. I'd want to get some metering involved to diagnose this, peak and LUFS. Not sure what you have that can do that.

Agree with @RUST( i )K Twisted Wave is a good one for precise audio editing.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Well here is my solution.

If Audioshare only had a bit more editing power and AUv3 support in addition to IAA support, it could be my go-to editor. It's annoying having to use TwistedWave and AudioShare in tandem sometimes.

• @rs2000 said:

If Audioshare only had a bit more editing power and AUv3 support in addition to IAA support, it could be my go-to editor. It's annoying having to use TwistedWave and AudioShare in tandem sometimes.

Yeah, a 'bastard' between AudioCopy's Sample Editor & AudioShare's FileManagement could be pretty awesome.

I do most of my field-recording with TwistedWave and I do hope some of the ideas sent to Thomas end up on the iOS version as they are already there in the macOS version. (Split by Markers, Disable Zero Snap). It's easy to add markers in the iOS version but there is no way to move them :) (Think of this a kind of 'lazy chop' on an MPC. ie. add markers while recording and then split by markers).

One feature that really shines in TwistedWave is the option to select which of the 3 microphones on the iOS device to use (long tap on the record button to select). This way it's easy to do field recordings using the 'back' mic on the iPhone and avoid the 'breathing' from the front mic while looking at the screen.

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Yeah, a 'bastard' between AudioCopy's Sample Editor & AudioShare's FileManagement could be pretty awesome.

I do most of my field-recording with TwistedWave and I do hope some of the ideas sent to Thomas end up on the iOS version as they are already there in the macOS version. (Split by Markers, Disable Zero Snap). It's easy to add markers in the iOS version but there is no way to move them :) (Think of this a kind of 'lazy chop' on an MPC. ie. add markers while recording and then split by markers).

One feature that really shines in TwistedWave is the option to select which of the 3 microphones on the iOS device to use (long tap on the record button to select). This way it's easy to do field recordings using the 'back' mic on the iPhone and avoid the 'breathing' from the front mic while looking at the screen.

Thomas is an amazing dev! Same experience on Mac version and ios.....I would like a DAW from him actually!

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

When doing field recordings, I rely on TwistedWave since my iPhone 4 :smiley:

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Thomas is an amazing dev! Same experience on Mac version and ios.....I would like a DAW from him actually!

I wish the operation was the same. The marker manipulation in iOS version is inferior on the iOS version (you can't move them in iOs). On iOS version you can't make selection on a single channel. I don't think you can export by markets either.

I like TW quite a bit but need the desktop version primarily because it has features that are missing in the iOS version.

• We should talk to the Ocenaudio devs.
    They already develop for Win, Mac and a few Linuxes and it's the closest to the good old Audition 1.5 that I know of :)

• @espiegel123 said:

I wish the operation was the same. The marker manipulation in iOS version is inferior on the iOS version (you can't move them in iOs). On iOS version you can't make selection on a single channel. I don't think you can export by markets either.

Yeah, I've requested both the moving of markers and split by markers for the iOS version and the replies were quite positive and he really like the idea of a 'beat grid' with snap options and well, this time I hope I've convinced him to add the option to disable zero-snap for try sample-accurate editing :)

Bot the iOS and macOS version is missing a function to set the default marker name so it doesn't have to be set for each 'project'. (I'd set mine permanently to "Slice - ").

The problem according to the dev is to avoid making the UI too complex and keep the ease of use which I fully understand. So here I suggested to have a 'Settings' thing where the more advanced options could be set.
    (For example change the ruler timer to between samples, time and eventually bars/beat/tick).

He was a bit hesitant to split by markers and export as a a zip file.
    Then I suggested to enable the 'Twisted Wave' folder in Files.app so it would be easier to access exported files.

Anyways, time will tell when we see another update but I'm pretty sure we'll see one :)

• @Samu These suggestions sound good, especially being able to disable zero crossing snap, to display the time in samples, and being able to access the TwistedWave folder in the Files app.

• Have you checked the volume level within AudioShare? The speaker icon next to "Tools"?

• @InfoCheck said:
    @Samu These suggestions sound good, especially being able to disable zero crossing snap, to display the time in samples, and being able to access the TwistedWave folder in the Files app.

'Export' from TwistedWave is pretty painless already using the standard ShareSheet.

One of the reasons it's still hidden in Files.app is that while you edit the files a custom format is used and that's pretty much useless in other apps.

But TW does have an 'Export to iTunes' feature so what I suggested was to just make the folder visible so the 'exported' files could be access without using a computer.

In practice the ShareSheet covers my needs as I can from there copy it anywhere I like.