Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doug Woods Could Use Our Help / Doug Speaks

Comments

• edited June 2019

Ok, might be an off-the-wall idea, but here goes... Remember the Seinfeld episode where George wanted to combine his favorite activities of eating and lovemaking? That went well, right? Ok... so we get some lacy negligees printed with TSTR logo and such. Win-win, right? Sells like hotcakes in the Arctic. Dollars for Doug, pounds for our pal...

Ok, maybe the idea need a bit more work. Just brainstorming here. Perhaps more storming than brain... 🤯😂

• I want a t-shirt too. Maybe with Doug's face on it (with hair sticking up) on a tie dye background? I wish I had the know how to do a mock up 🤔

• This image:

• @thesoundtestroom I feel for you I really do. I too am on mycophenelate, as well as prednisone, tacrolimus and humira. And injections directly into my eye every two weeks, and stomach. Lost my career, no income for years, and the government deem me fit for work as they say I can walk further than 20 metres before getting breathless. So I get zero financial support. Sometimes u wonder if it’s all worth the bother.

• Sorry to hear about your situation @Treesarenice. It sounds incredibly difficult. My prayers are with you.

• @Ass_Flaps_9000 You can always support Doug here:

https://studio4632benefit.bandcamp.com/album/the-doug-woods-benefit-album

A couple years back the community here contributed tracks to this album to help out Sir Doug - some GREAT stuff on this record, even a couple contributions by the man himself?

• @Treesarenice said:
    @thesoundtestroom I feel for you I really do. I too am on mycophenelate, as well as prednisone, tacrolimus and humira. And injections directly into my eye every two weeks, and stomach. Lost my career, no income for years, and the government deem me fit for work as they say I can walk further than 20 metres before getting breathless. So I get zero financial support. Sometimes u wonder if it’s all worth the bother.

It truly is tough to convince people of illness that doesn’t have limbs falling off in front of their eyes - even then they sometimes claim fitness. Took me years before my day in court, where my disability score went from the one point the assessment awarded me to the judge awarding me full points in multiple categories. Even the DWP woman did not contest my position after hearing what I actually live with.

IMO people have been conditioned to see the worst in people, to disbelieve and to promote suspicion. The mainstream media back up this distrust with tv shows showing how all people are lying and cheating the system. They basically make it easier to treat people badly by making people see us as less than shit on their shoes.

On a more positive note though, it makes you see what is really important in life and when you see how kind some people can be, it keeps your faith in mankind alive.

Wish you all well :)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Sorry to hear about your situation @Treesarenice. It sounds incredibly difficult. My prayers are with you.

Thanks I really appreciate your empathy.

@Fruitbat1919 kudos to you for wining your court case. The catch 22 with me is that when you are debilitated through chronic fatigue you can barely focus on which drawer the cutlery is in every morning let alone going through a drawn out case with the nhs and government etc. Anyway I don’t want to take the focus off of helping Doug. Just wanted him to know he wasn’t alone.

• @Ass_Flaps_9000 said:

@Daveypoo said:
    @Ass_Flaps_9000 You can always support Doug here:

https://studio4632benefit.bandcamp.com/album/the-doug-woods-benefit-album

A couple years back the community here contributed tracks to this album to help out Sir Doug - some GREAT stuff on this record, even a couple contributions by the man himself?

Cool. Never realised this situation had more history to it! Would purchasing that music be as profitable to Doug, compared with straight up donation?

Not entirely sure - a direct donation is probably the best option, but you can always ask @thesoundtestroom himself which is best.

• @Fruitbat1919 Hi, nice to have you back😎 This is the best Community of people on the net, I truly believe that, 99% of comments are always positive and sensitive.
    I’m also pleased that you eventually got the result you deserve.
    @Treesarenice Man, those Myco tabs are huge, I’m on 1500mg a day, horse tablets.
    Before they found that the Myco worked they had me on Prednisone for way way too long, but nothing else was working, they even started trying chemo drugs and then Azathioprine which was like an instant vomit machine, that was fun.

But through all the really bad stuff the community was there, all the time👍😎

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Hi, nice to have you back😎 This is the best Community of people on the net, I truly believe that, 99% of comments are always positive and sensitive.
    @Treesarenice Man, those Myco tabs are huge, I’m on 1500mg a day, horse tablets.
    Before they found that the Myco worked they had me on Prednisone for way way too long, but nothing else was working, they even started trying chemo drugs and then Azathioprine which was like an instant vomit machine, that was fun.

Yes those mycos are huge. I’m on 2500. Fun fun. It’s good that you’ve got this community. You deserve it. I’ve had to learn to deal with this by myself mainly. But that’s ok. You find strength where you can. Mostly. Good luck.

• Well, @Treesarenice, you certainly can be a part of this community. We welcome you (unless you are posting on threads I don't read... in which case glad to have you!)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, @Treesarenice, you certainly can be a part of this community. We welcome you (unless you are posting on threads I don't read... in which case glad to have you!)

You’re very kind. Thank you

• edited June 2019

(15 mins in Affinity Designer....)

....maybe something like this?

• Pretty cool, @tk32 . Can you do the wild Doug posted above?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Pretty cool, @tk32 . Can you do the wild Doug posted above?

No problem - I’ll try to source that crazy hair photo of Doug and photoshop it properly tomorrow.

• @tk32 said:
    No problem - I’ll try to source that crazy hair photo of Doug and photoshop it properly tomorrow.

It's out there somewhere - he posted it here a while back before using it for the album cover. I couldn't find it with a 30 second search, but I'm sure with some targeted digging it'll present itself...

• Maybe @thesoundtestroom can provide it.

• Excellent ideas, TK32. Obviously Doug will want to weigh in, but aren’t there some full-time graphic designers here?

• @LinearLineman I don’t have that photo anymore, Colin May still have it though, but it’s unlikely

• @thesoundtestroom All the best to you Doug, as someone who is also being attacked by my own immune system, I know it’s tough when you don’t know what each day will bring. But NEVER be embarrassed to ask for help here (ok, feel how you want but know that People here have your back). You provide a service, it’s not a handout.

And feel better today, and tomorrow, and the next, one day at a time.

• @Treesarenice said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Sorry to hear about your situation @Treesarenice. It sounds incredibly difficult. My prayers are with you.

Thanks I really appreciate your empathy.

@Fruitbat1919 kudos to you for wining your court case. The catch 22 with me is that when you are debilitated through chronic fatigue you can barely focus on which drawer the cutlery is in every morning let alone going through a drawn out case with the nhs and government etc. Anyway I don’t want to take the focus off of helping Doug. Just wanted him to know he wasn’t alone.

Yep you can only do what you can do yourself. Same for Doug. Just hoping it works out for others as it did for me. Well, I say worked out, but the life changing was harder for me than fighting the man lol - I have to laugh at it all to keen my spirits up :)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Hi, nice to have you back😎 This is the best Community of people on the net, I truly believe that, 99% of comments are always positive and sensitive.

Been a hell of a journey, as I’m sure it is for you and your family too. It never ends really. While my life has changed dramatically, I always feel so in awe of how others deal with worse. While I’ve dealt with this, I’ve seen two people pass away with cancer - gotta do what you can in this life.

The reason I’m discussing myself though is not to detract what you yourself are going through, but to let you know that you are not alone when you lay awake at night and question why this has happened to you. At times it’s hard to keep our humanity when we suffer. It’s hard to keep that true spark of ourselves and it’s really hard to keep the guilt of how it affects our family at bay. It won’t help knowing others suffer, but it may help knowing that others can truly know what the suffering does and how every day becomes a fight.

I truly believe we become better through adversity. Some of the most disagreeable people I’ve met in life, are the ones that have never struggled a day in their lives. I lost much initially, but like Steve Austin - I’m better, stronger......well......not faster and not worth 6 million dollars, but you get the point. Just know people care Doug, even when at times it just feels that the whole would judges. Just point that slim finger up at the world, laugh in a slightly demented tone and and us Brits say - carry on regardless! :)

• @Daveypoo said:

@tk32 said:

It's out there somewhere - he posted it here a while back before using it for the album cover. I couldn't find it with a 30 second search, but I'm sure with some targeted digging it'll present itself...

Hi @tk32 Please check your inbox :wink:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

@Daveypoo said:

@tk32 said:

Hi @tk32 Please check your inbox :wink:

Is Doug ok with that image? If so, send me a copy and I might whip up something for consideration too.

• edited June 2019

Here's a 'slightly' enhanced copy of the original image Colin sent me so that the t-shirt design process can be shared/democratized :)

Note to all budding t-shirt artists out there:
    We all have a responsibility to ensure that Doug himself is (a) happy with us using this particular photo, and (b) happy with whatever the finished design(s) look like.

• What a great picture. Doug, you handsome devil!

• Good Lord😂 Yes, I’m completely happy with, it’s good that you edited the horrendous zit that was there, bless you @tk32

• Haha!

I wasn't planning to mention that @thesoundtestroom ;)