Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS musician meet-ups?

Saw that Ableton has this: https://www.ableton.com/en/community/user-groups/

Is there anything similar for iOS music makers? If not, would it be something that could be set up via the wiki? Or are we too rare a species for it to work? I suppose outside of big cities it would be difficult.

Still, I think it would be great to have some real life iOS musician meetings. Possibly even an open-mic kind of scenario (if for no other reason than to have an understanding audience when an app crashes...)

Comments

• @johnfromberkeley and I had an SF Bay Area meetup a couple years back. It was fun - we should do it again.

• @Daveypoo said:
    @johnfromberkeley and I had an SF Bay Area meetup a couple years back. It was fun - we should do it again.

And in December. Hoping to have a meetup this summer!

• We should do some sort of annual iOS Musician meetup in Atlanta. There's gotta be at least a hundred iOS musicians in Atlanta on Instagram alone. Now, if we could only get @Brice to do a sound design tutorial at one...

• Sounds fun! I’m a bit too far away to join you though (Ireland). That’s why I was thinking a list on the wiki might work. So that whoever wants to organise something in their area could leave a contact email. Possible wiki article title: “Desperate iOS musicians in your area are waiting to meet you”...

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:
    @johnfromberkeley and I had an SF Bay Area meetup a couple years back. It was fun - we should do it again.

And in December. Hoping to have a meetup this summer!

If you're headed someplace for a trip or something, just start a thread here and see if anyone is up for a beer. That's how I got to meet these rather handsome fellows. :)

Of course, same goes for your home town—just start a thread here and see who's around. We did one here in PDX several years ago (like, AB1 days!) and it was quite fun. Did it at a massive not-too-popular brew pub on a weekday night so that we could find a big table near an outlet and use a little jambox without annoying other people.

• @Jhnk said:
    Sounds fun! I’m a bit too far away to join you though (Ireland). That’s why I was thinking a list on the wiki might work. So that whoever wants to organise something in their area could leave a contact email. Possible wiki article title: “Desperate iOS musicians in your area are waiting to meet you”...

Clever, essentially “local chapters.”

• I had one here in Mid Wales a few months back - me, three sheep and a scarecrow. Aside from a row about AU vs IAA, it was a good day.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:
    I had one here in Mid Wales a few months back - me, three sheep and a scarecrow. Aside from a row about AU vs IAA, it was a good day.

I hope you've recorded the session so we can profit from the insights :#

• @rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I had one here in Mid Wales a few months back - me, three sheep and a scarecrow. Aside from a row about AU vs IAA, it was a good day.

I hope you've recorded the session so we can profit from the insights :#

I recorded a bit, but they're just bleating on about deprication :(

• @MonzoPro said:
    I recorded a bit, but they're just bleating on about deprication :(

Sounds vaguely familiar....

• @MonzoPro said:

Hope you didn't play any repetitive beats...that would have been classed as a rave and you would have had your ipad confiscated and destroyed !

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Hope you didn't play any repetitive beats...that would have been classed as a rave and you would have had your ipad confiscated and destroyed !

Repetitive bleats?

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Repetitive bleats?

Bravo :D .... I missed that one

• He got baahed anyway...

• You must've been using BleatMaker 3.

• or Traktor DJ. Alright, I think this has gone farm enough. No more hoe-ribble puns.

• @analog_matt well that's 2 for Atlanta. Not sure of a place to have it though. For free anyway. Reserve a pavilion at a park? Gwinnett has some really awesome parks.