Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Impaktor

So it appears I bought this one way too late in the game. Is there anyway to host it other than Audiobus2? I deleted that and it's no longer on the app store.

Comments

• You can re-download AB2 under the „purchased-tab“, once you have bought it back then (just did this today...). Cheers, t

• Thank you so much!

• Impaktor works in AB3, doesn't it?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Impaktor works in AB3, doesn't it?

Indeed it does.

• edited June 2019

@ALB said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Impaktor works in AB3, doesn't it?

Indeed it does.

Not in my AB3 it doesn't...

Oh I see it does. Just took a reboot, then attempting to load it 10x :lol:

• I hope beepstreet gives it some love. It’s an awesome app when used in conjunction with an electronic drum pad. I’m really hoping his new upcoming app Drambo could be a replacement .

• edited June 2019

@hypnopad said:
    I hope beepstreet gives it some love. It’s an awesome app when used in conjunction with an electronic drum pad. I’m really hoping his new upcoming app Drambo could be a replacement .

Your video made me insta buy it. :)

At the moment I just have a mic between kick and snare triggering it. It would be awesome to have as an au so I could use close mics or mesh heads & piezos on multiple instances. A basic MIDI note out would also be cool (it doesn't do that right?)

• It doesn’t do midi. A midi out could be somewhat useful but midi control of it’s parameters would be incredible.

• edited June 2019

@BroCoast said:

@hypnopad said:
    I hope beepstreet gives it some love. It’s an awesome app when used in conjunction with an electronic drum pad. I’m really hoping his new upcoming app Drambo could be a replacement .

At the moment I just have a mic between kick and snare triggering it. It would be awesome to have as an au so I could use close mics or mesh heads & piezos on multiple instances. A basic MIDI note out would also be cool (it doesn't do that right?)

You need to wait for Drambo. Don't ask how long! ;)

It is supposed to have an impulse module that that will trigger the impactor module and guess what? The impulse module will be midi activated!

This of course will be only a side feature of an app capable of much more in terms of percussive synthesis and more. I'm hopping that beta will be out before summer. Who knows.

• @hypnopad said:
    It doesn’t do midi. A midi out could be somewhat useful but midi control of it’s parameters would be incredible.

Would mainly like a MIDI out just to advance steps on a sequencer like this guy is doing with his kick on a DFAM:

• @supadom said:

@BroCoast said:

@hypnopad said:

You need to wait for Drambo. Don't ask how long! ;)

It is supposed to have an impulse module that that will trigger the impactor module and guess what? The impulse module will be midi activated!

This of course will be only a side feature of an app capable of much more in terms of percussive synthesis and more. I'm hopping that beta will be out before summer. Who knows.

Fantastic. I always wondered what the hype was about with the upcoming Drambo, I will now join the rest of the hungry piranhas waiting for it. ;)

• edited June 2019

@BroCoast said:

@hypnopad said:
    It doesn’t do midi. A midi out could be somewhat useful but midi control of it’s parameters would be incredible.

Would mainly like a MIDI out just to advance steps on a sequencer like this guy is doing with his kick on a DFAM:

Wow, I have to get this SP mic!

• @hypnopad said:
    I hope beepstreet gives it some love. It’s an awesome app when used in conjunction with an electronic drum pad.

It is AWESOME with a drum pad. Really a unique thing, because it isn't a sample trigger, it is an advanced resonator type audio effect that reacts differently to what comes in- volume, nuances, etc.

I made an impaktor contraption, that is a roland drum pad on a stand, with an iphone 4s and a charger, and one of those cheap audio converters (made for guitar) that sends a 1/4" input to the iphone's 1/8" TRRS mic input, zip tied onto the stand. Works great, especially with an audio looper.

A way to do multi channel would be a dream. So would midi control of the knobs. I have a feeling it isn't going to happen. But, it is such an interesting musical processor, it would be very cool if someone developed it further. Wasn't there another app that came out last year, that was similar, but AU?

• @Processaurus said:

@hypnopad said:
    I hope beepstreet gives it some love. It’s an awesome app when used in conjunction with an electronic drum pad.

It is AWESOME with a drum pad. Really a unique thing, because it isn't a sample trigger, it is an advanced resonator type audio effect that reacts differently to what comes in- volume, nuances, etc.

I made an impaktor contraption, that is a roland drum pad on a stand, with an iphone 4s and a charger, and one of those cheap audio converters (made for guitar) that sends a 1/4" input to the iphone's 1/8" TRRS mic input, zip tied onto the stand. Works great, especially with an audio looper.

A way to do multi channel would be a dream. So would midi control of the knobs. I have a feeling it isn't going to happen. But, it is such an interesting musical processor, it would be very cool if someone developed it further. Wasn't there another app that came out last year, that was similar, but AU?

Maybe FAC envolver, it's AU and can turn volume envelopes into MIDI CC and notes.

• @skrat said:

@Processaurus said:

@hypnopad said:

Maybe FAC envolver, it's AU and can turn volume envelopes into MIDI CC and notes.

• @skrat said:

@Processaurus said:

@hypnopad said:

But it doesn’t track pitch

• @Korakios said:

But it doesn’t track pitch

You're right, but I remember that in some discussions, some clever guys were able to also overcome this with splitting the input signal into multiple ones and filtering out via EQ, this should be fine for e.g. kick / snare / hat combo. I see that OP already revealed and bumped that discussion:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32380/drumming-with-fac-envolver-as-midi-trigger-no-scripting-for-rc275-geoshred-sunrizer/p1

• Don’t forget objeq. Works similarly to Impaktor, easy to use, sounds great and doesn’t involve all the faffing around as the fac envolver solutions. :)