Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Not been here for most this year - what have I missed?

Yeah I know how can you sum up all the great apps and happenings I must have missed lol

Comments

• There’s this thing called AUv3. Your gonna love it 🙃

• Glad to have you back. I thought you were around... Guess I was reading ol' topics :lol:

we have a Wiki now! :wink:

Mozaic from Bram Bos is a big one... Write your own Midi Script / Plugin

Nanostudio 2 was released

Sugar bytes dropped Factory.

• Here's a trick to catch up. Go to @thesoundtestroom and look at the most viewed videos for the last year and then search for the most interesting app discussions on the Forum or ask about them on this thread.

Nanostudio 2
    New Sugarbytes apps
    The wealth of 4Pockets FX apps
    Updates for AUM.
    Scripting MIDI and MIDI FX Apps

Still waiting for Drambo to drop.

• Peace, love, regrets, drama, memories, dreams, promises, trust, the afterlife.

Just the usual.

Oh, and deprecation...

• @gusgranite said:
    Peace, love, regrets, drama, memories, dreams, promises, trust, the afterlife.

Just the usual.

Oh, and deprecation...

Brilliant (and pretty spot on :) )....

Hope all's well with you Mister Bat.

• Glad you’re back, Bat!

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

Ok that’s just weird. It just popped into my head earlier today that you’ve been gone for some time, and hwas oping nothing was amiss.

Hope you are well.

BASSalicious 2, NanoStudio 2, Mozaic. Those are the biggest happenings that come to my mind at least.

• And weekly one synth challenges.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33187/app-challenge-001-sunrizer#latest

Meaning make a track using multiple instances of the chosen synth. Scope it out mate. :sunglasses: Next week's should be soon!

• Atom is one of the biggest new changes that happened to iOS music making in 2019, imho.

A big step towards completely modular production, which is a big deal for the 'chemists' amongst us.

(I'm more of a physicist, however)

My 'Chemists Vs Physicists' post:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/631524/#Comment_631524

• @Hmtx said:
    There’s this thing called AUv3. Your gonna love it 🙃

Nothing can beat a five pin din cable surely! :D

• @senhorlampada said:
    Glad to have you back. I thought you were around... Guess I was reading ol' topics :lol:

we have a Wiki now! :wink:

Mozaic from Bram Bos is a big one... Write your own Midi Script / Plugin

Nanostudio 2 was released

Sugar bytes dropped Factory.

Those Ol’ topics that will always come back to haunt lol

Mozaic - hope you lot have done all the hard work already?

I was here for NS2 lol.

Factory looks awesome!

• Welcome back Mr Fruit.

Factory was the big thing for me.

• @McD said:
    Here's a trick to catch up. Go to @thesoundtestroom and look at the most viewed videos for the last year and then search for the most interesting app discussions on the Forum or ask about them on this thread.

Nanostudio 2
    New Sugarbytes apps
    The wealth of 4Pockets FX apps
    Updates for AUM.
    Scripting MIDI and MIDI FX Apps

Still waiting for Drambo to drop.

How shameful - I forgot all about TSTR! :o

I’m redownloading music apps as we speak and haven’t done AUM yet! Shameful lol

Drambo - no name change yet? Lol

• @gusgranite said:
    Peace, love, regrets, drama, memories, dreams, promises, trust, the afterlife.

Just the usual.

Oh, and deprecation...

You mean all my old apps are no longer worth anything!? O the humanity :D

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Hope all's well with you Mister Bat.

Trying to be more healthy and still playing games to beat the reaper >:)

• Sugarbytes Factory
    Bramzone/Mozaic
    Audio Damage Enso
    Magic Death Eye

Welcome back mate!

• Welcome back @Fruitbat1919 I had been thinking there was a distinct lack of Finbarr Saunders humour round here lately. Hope you are well ;)

• Having problems replying to posts here at the moment as the quote button seems very hit and miss.

Thanks for all your reply’s and kind regards.

I’m going to be needing some cash for a few apps by the look of it! I kinda thought there would be much more - like something so monumentally ‘game changing’ :D that you all had created new genres and have found the secret to eternal youth! - haven’t checked out Bram Bos new app yet, so maybe that’s the one!? :p

• Yeah we finally have a piano roll thing in AUM and ApeMatrix called ATOM

Welcome back, sir!!!

• StepBud is another that has a regular place at my table.

• Hey dude ! :) How's the fishing been going ?

• Nice to have you back :)
    Lots of improvements this year and iPadOS is on it's way for an even brighter future.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Hey dude ! :) How's the fishing been going ?

Bought lots of tackle and tied lots of rigs, but not been as have not had good health. Hopefully will get going again later this year :)

• Yep looking at some of the apps you’ve all mentioned, it’s been a good year so far. Seemingly less new apps, but some really useful and musical apps. Quality over quantity maybe?

• Been nice to be here posting again and hope you’ve all been making great music or just having fun in life :)

• Pure Synth Platinum, just released. Hatred and climate change discussed almost in a civil manner...
    Doug Woods outreach. NS2 issues completely resolved and universally loved. Missed you. How’s the hair?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Pure Synth Platinum, just released. Hatred and climate change discussed almost in a civil manner...
    Doug Woods outreach. NS2 issues completely resolved and universally loved. Missed you. How’s the hair?

Glad I missed the politics, I have enough of that elsewhere lol.

The hair has mostly gone (shaved off now) - wished I could lose the weight I need to lose as easy! Lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Bought lots of tackle and tied lots of rigs, but not been as have not had good health. Hopefully will get going again later this year :)

Well it's good to see you back here :)

Something app related that on-one else has mentioned....
    Gadget got MIDI OUT via a new gadget called Taipei...and they made iPolysix and iMS-20 into gadgets too.

• @DCJ said:
    Glad you’re back, Bat!

@MonzoPro said:
    Welcome back Mr Fruit.

Factory was the big thing for me.

Thanks, Factory does look my type of app :)

@wim said:
    Ok that’s just weird. It just popped into my head earlier today that you’ve been gone for some time, and hwas oping nothing was amiss.

Hope you are well.

BASSalicious 2, NanoStudio 2, Mozaic. Those are the biggest happenings that come to my mind at least.

Is BASSalicious 2 stable? Saying that though iOS 13 may shake up stability for a while maybe?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Well it's good to see you back here :)

Something app related that on-one else has mentioned....
    Gadget got MIDI OUT via a new gadget called Taipei...and they made iPolysix and iMS-20 into gadgets too.

And then there was bluegate.....they put a graduated blue to black background on that made the grids pretty much impossible to see..fixed now though :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    And weekly one synth challenges.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33187/app-challenge-001-sunrizer#latest

Meaning make a track using multiple instances of the chosen synth. Scope it out mate. :sunglasses: Next week's should be soon!

Will take a look as soon as I get my iPad refreshed and ready to make music again :)

@tk32 said:
    Atom is one of the biggest new changes that happened to iOS music making in 2019, imho.

A big step towards completely modular production, which is a big deal for the 'chemists' amongst us.

(I'm more of a physicist, however)

My 'Chemists Vs Physicists' post:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/631524/#Comment_631524

Yep got to say Atom will be high on my new want list :)

@BroCoast said:
    Sugarbytes Factory
    Bramzone/Mozaic
    Audio Damage Enso
    Magic Death Eye

Welcome back mate!

Thanks. Magic Death Eye - what a great name for an app! Lol