Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Issues with presets in AB3

This discussion was created from comments split from: Announcing Audiobus 3.4.

Comments

• everyone now and then wherever I load a SAVED preset to AB3 . I get no sound.
    All the apps I now load are Auv3 except soundprism (as midi controller).

No idea why

Have to recreate presets all over again

if i load very old prestes e.g Ab2.

I get crashes ( this i understand, since some of the apps are IAA audio)

• @hisdudeness said:
    everyone now and then wherever I load a SAVED preset to AB3 . I get no sound.
    All the apps I now load are Auv3 except soundprism (as midi controller).

No idea why

Have to recreate presets all over again

Is it always with the same presets, when you see this? You said every now and then: does this happen randomly? Have you been able to see any patterns? I haven't seen this on my end, which is why I'm asking questions - need to figure out the circumstances under which it occurs.

if i load very old prestes e.g Ab2.

I get crashes ( this i understand, since some of the apps are IAA audio)

There's a fix for this coming in the next few days.

• Audiobus preset 'Poison 202': http://preset.audiob.us/8FaW9rOeBmTsxMp

Ah I deleted most of them! And recreated

However see one above

the above does not function on my iPhone 8 Plus but works on my iPad Pro 2017 (used for testing only)

However I created this on iPhone .. so strange

• edited May 2019

Okay - and: Is it always with the same presets, when you see this? You said every now and then: does this happen randomly? Have you been able to see any patterns?

Does it happen if you simplify that preset? There's a reasonable amount going on there - what if you just have SoundPrism's main port going into Poison, in one pipeline?

• Even if I unload SPlink no sound comes....
    In summary no sound comes unless I reload or recreate

I use sound prism a lot .. so that is a common factor/pattern .. the rest of the apps I interchange

Maybe that’s the problem.. amazingly when I export to IPAD it works

I tried the new update ab2 presets still crash
    But there are IAA audios in most of them

• edited May 2019

This happened to me yesterday, but this was when I loaded a preset from a support mail. Then I closed AB and start it again and loaded the same preset from AB browser this time and no issues the sound was there.

• @hisdudeness said:
    I tried the new update ab2 presets still crash
    But there are IAA audios in most of them

Oh, bugger! Mind emailing me the crash log?

• @hisdudeness said:
    Even if I unload SPlink no sound comes....

What happens if you remove SP and the two effects AUs, so it's just Poison-202? Do you still hear no sound when you interact with Poison?

• @Michael said:

@hisdudeness said:

What happens if you remove SP and the two effects AUs, so it's just Poison-202? Do you still hear no sound when you interact with Poison?

no sound comes unless I RELOAD or Recreate

just to remind
    Device im using Iphone 8 plus, latest ios

on my IPAD it seems fine when i export the same preset

• @hisdudeness said:

@Michael said:

@hisdudeness said:

no sound comes unless I RELOAD or Recreate

just to remind
    Device im using Iphone 8 plus, latest ios

on my IPAD it seems fine when i export the same preset

Great, okay, that narrows it down a bit. Lets narrow it down even more: what happens if you make a new preset with just one single Poison-202 in the input (and default speaker output), save it, then reload it? Can you hear Poison-202 when you hit a key on the keyboard?

• Okay - and, just to double-check, having the three Poison-202s in separate input slots from the original preset (with everything else removed) doesn't work?