Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Delay experiment suggestion.

Select an unconventional delay at random - then plug in your generator and write riff to suit the delay- as opposed to finding a delay for the riff.

Comments

• I like the sound of that. Might give it a whirl in a bit. Cheers.

• Also might be useful with multi-tap delays?

• Good call

• A lot of my tracks begin with everything absolutely drenched in reverb and delay, which is then drastically reduced as a song emerges from the noise

• gotta link ?

@db909 said:
    A lot of my tracks begin with everything absolutely drenched in reverb and delay, which is then drastically reduced as a song emerges from the noise

• @robosardine said:
    Select an unconventional delay at random - then plug in your generator and write riff to suit the delay- as opposed to finding a delay for the riff.

The reason for the opposed way is that you cannot tweak notes in the timescale a delay will reveal it's particular character. One is subdivisions of beats, the other is milliseconds or samples (if available). ;)

• @robosardine said:

Kind of true for all effects, I've noticed most parts that were written with a regular sound, just don't work that well when you strap a crazy effect onto it. If you are writing with a dry sound, you'll probably use more notes, to fill up the space, then if you are writing with a big delay or verb sound from the get go.

The ideal way to record with delay, reverb, is if you can use the DAW's delay, so you can hear it, as you are making up your part, but the instrument is recorded dry, that way you can edit it without cutting off the tails of the delay. Unless you are positive you won't edit...

• What @Processaurus said. Most of the time I'm adding delay or reverb and it's part of the musicality and influences what I layer from there.

• Other day I was playing with hardware sampler as you suggested. Awesome stuff. Sometimes setting the feedback to max, working as a Looper. Sometimes taking it down for just delay shennanigans