Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doug Woods Could Use Our Help / Doug Speaks

edited June 2019 in Other

Doug @thesoundtestroom did not post this on the forum. I hope he does not mind if I do. He is of such great service to us and such a great guy. I thought you all should know.

Comments

• edited June 2019

Life can be quite hard these days...
    I’ve joined Patreon last August just to support Doug a bit and every month I feel happy when PayPal send a message that the transaction was done.

Up to now I just spend one Euro in a month but after this video I will double my engagement. I think it is worth to support Doug because he is a good guy and he do a lot for the community, so why not help him if we can?

And honestly, Doug already prevents me to spend money in Apps I don’t need because of his reviews. So I saved money because of his work. One day I won a promo code for a nice app in one of his Patreon Videos.

All the Patreon money I invested to Doug I got already back! What a good deal for me and Doug! 😊

So if you have a € or $ left in a month, just do it, become a Patreon for Doug!
    You can only win and you get good Karma! 👍😊

• Thanks for your comment @chandroji. You put it way better than I ever could.

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for your comment @chandroji. You put it way better than I ever could.

I can it even better if I could use German words to explain what I think! English is always difficult for me.
    But sometimes a picture can say more than words that’s why I love to photograph... 😊

I love people who bring some happiness in the world... 😊
    Doug is one of these people, that’s why I’m supporting him!

👍

• Think of all the trouble one can get into online, as well as IRL. If thesoundtestroom has helped keep us out of mischief, and saved our nastiness for the filters and oscillators... consider all the legal fees saved! (Could be thousands, in my case). If the devil makes use of idle hands, then conversely Doug must be our App Angel! 😊🌻

• edited June 2019

I meet this street musician in South India and his music was wonderful.
    It was a pleasure for me to support this nice guy with a little bit money!

I think most of us have enough money to help some of our friends... 😊

So, enough photos from me tonight... 😎

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    More photos @chandroji!

Ok...

Last Doug Bitte nicht im Regen stehen!

Let's not leave Doug standing alone in the rain...

Let the sun shine! 😊

And Rock!

😊

Do something nice! 👍

• I really like your photos!
    Bravo👌👌.

• edited June 2019

@flo26 said:
    I really like your photos!
    Bravo👌👌.

Thanks a lot for compliment!
    Here are some photos for you... 😊

Do you have the Blues?

With a little help from our friends...

Everything is possible! 😊

• @chandroji said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for your comment @chandroji. You put it way better than I ever could.

I can it even better if I could use German words to explain what I think! English is always difficult for me.
    But sometimes a picture can say more than words that’s why I love to photograph... 😊

I love people who bring some happiness in the world... 😊
    Doug is one of these people, that’s why I’m supporting him!

👍

Yep. Doug is great. I made a donation.

• edited June 2019

👍

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks, guys. I hope more of you who profit by Doug’s efforts will help him out.

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss, I know your intentions are good, but I think Doug must have thought every option through and that these appeals are a last resort given his health problems and other difficulties.
    It is a humbling experience to have to make such appeals, but it would not be necessary if more of those who profited by his good natured and erudite presentations would simply pay for his valuable demos. Frankly, it is a predilection, IMO that iOS users expect a lot of freebies. I know a lot of users are strapped financially, as am I, but, hey, a dollar or two a month? Come on.

I know that whenever I want an unbiased app review Doug is always there. Every single app!
    Without those I would buy things that do not work for me or I would not buy useful tools.
    It is not for us to try to orchestrate Doug's life. It is simply to recognize our debt to him and pay for value received,

• I did not mean to offend you @EyeOhEss. Thank you for elaborating. I just wish the best for Doug and do not feel it unreasonable that he request our help. Unlike many presenters on YouTube he is a valuable part of our forum community and deserves our support. Actually, for me, his videos are perfect as they often demonstrate the sound the app is capable of.

I must also reiterate that he has health challenges which may not allow him to pursue options that might readily come to mind. It is indeed hard to put yourself in another's shoes.

• edited June 2019
  • Thanks @EyeOhEss, perhaps your suggestions will help.

• Just a reminder that there is a link in the video for one off donation for anyone who doesn’t wish to make a monthly payment.
    I’m inclined to agree with the sentiment of @EyeOhEss in many ways. There has to be other opportunities for Doug to make money from his talents. I had many months ago suggested to Doug that he do one to one tuition for iOS music makers- I can’t quite remember why it wasn’t suitable- anyway I would like to add, I think the implication in the suggestion was a ‘live’ Skype like tutorial- but it could even be done as. 1) Request Tutorial 2) Doug sends quote 3) Payment is made 4) Tutorial is made and sent. Job done.
    Say roughly ten a week at an average of eg £20 per 15 minute video would be about... £8000 per year.

I’m sure there are plenty of people wanting to progress in iOS music making who would rather shell out a few tenners for some expert specific guidance than scratch their heads looking for a manual that doesn’t exist (and yes- even with this forum in existance)

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Another idea...Merch?

Don’t know if he’s already got some out there but stuff like t-shirts and stickers etc maybe?

Looking at the responses in the video there’s a ton of good will out there for Doug :) I’m sure some people would buy a sound test room T-shirt or a phone case etc... I’d be happy to try and help him out with couple of potential designs for for free if he wanted..

Just seems like for someone with that kind of audience size, there should be some un-exhausted options to bring in some extra bucks in hard times, would takes some planning ahead and setting up though. And then just hit it super hard with those new releases and marketing for sales in April and December in those hard months..

Merchandising is a good idea. Using a site like Redbubble, all you have to do is upload a graphic, and it’s then available on a range of products. They do all the work, and you get a commission.

Need a new mouse mat? T-shirt? iPhone case? Get a Soundtestroom branded one and help Doug in the process.

https://www.redbubble.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5_iU1Kjc4gIVCrDtCh2XVAL5EAAYASAAEgJrx_D_BwE

• With respect to Doug, I will not give details of his situation. But let me make this perfectly clear. If he could do otherwise he would not ask for our help. There is absolutely no shame in his asking, but it still is humbling and embarrassing. I have been pretty humbled myself and it is very painful. But being humbled does not mean unbowed. Doug has every right, IMO, to act as he sees fit. Those who value him and his wellbeing will help, if they are able, with donations.

Btw, he was not going to post his plea on this forum or any other. He is indeed unbowed.
    Again, consider the loss to all of us if he were forced to terminate his reviews.

• edited June 2019
  • edited June 2019

Always need discussing your arguments with 1000+ words @EyeOhEss ?

I think you miss completely the Point but I’m not here to discuss it.

I’m really happy that my intentions here in this thread are completely different than yours... 😊

As I said, life can be hard these days. Even for people who work hard and trying to do their best. If I can give some help when they ask for I will do it...

Peace! 🙏

I would sing a song for Doug if I could... 😊

• An audiobus member (digital) mix tape, all money donated to the doug ?

• edited June 2019

A gift is giving people what they need. Not what you think they need. And before anyone trots out “if you give a man a fish...”, let us stay with comments similar to when @Michael asked for reviews.... “will do”, “just posted”, “5 stars” “Should have done this already”, “Done”.

• Patreon is a legit way to make money for your work. It's not simply charity, and Doug shouldn't be made to feel like it is. He provides something useful to many people and to iOS music-making in general. That's a transaction between him and buyers, and not really even the business of those who aren't involved. I'm happy to pay for it. It's a good deal for what I get out it, and it's also nice the money goes to a worthy cause.