Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multiband compressor or EQ

Hi everyone..
Let say i want to make generative note sequence in A2-C4 range (ex: rozeta/riffer). Is it better using multiband comp or just eq? My purpose is to reduce harsh (high note) and boomy (low note) sound, without lose its dynamic.
If any recommended app each one?
Thanks 😊

Comments

• If you’re worried about high harsh notes and boomy low notes you could:

1. further restrict your range of notes
    2. Send a certain range of notes to specific instruments or tracks and control the output volume of each.
    3. Select instruments which interfere with each other to a minimal degree because their output frequencies have minimal overlap.

With a good mix, there’d be minimal need for eq or compression.

• If I'm not mistaken this depends quite a lot on the type of sound that is being used?!

• I’m just guessing out loud I’m nowhere near my iPad, but in NS2 you could do what is described by @dendy here:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/656/frequency-splitting

• @Ardwell said:
    Hi everyone..
    Let say i want to make generative note sequence in A2-C4 range (ex: rozeta/riffer). Is it better using multiband comp or just eq? My purpose is to reduce harsh (high note) and boomy (low note) sound, without lose its dynamic.
    If any recommended app each one?
    Thanks 😊

Like @Samu said, the best way to deal with the situation will depend entirely on the actual sounds involved. And it may be best to simply tweak the sounds you are using than to try a generic solution.

• Thx for all feedbacks..the sequence come from only 1 instrument, in this case acoustic piano..maybe i should tweak the sounds or maybe buy ravenscroft..in mean time i only can afford bs-16i 😁

• @Ardwell said:
    Thx for all feedbacks..the sequence come from only 1 instrument, in this case acoustic piano..maybe i should tweak the sounds or maybe buy ravenscroft..in mean time i only can afford bs-16i 😁

Maybe, you just need to do some velocity remapping based on the pitch if you are finding that one register or the other is out of whack.

Or use a MIDI splitter to send the high notes to one instance of your piano and and the low notes to another and treat each as is needed to make them pleasing.

• I’d likely just use an EQ, sounds a lot easier to me if that’s the only thing you don’t like about your sequence and you want to retain dynamics.