Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iWAVESTATION iNTRO: a pdf beginner's guide to the glorious iWAVESTATION

Comments

• Don’t forget, the wavestation (despite the name) is designed to be a very superior modern synthesiser, not a music workstation (as most of its contemporary keyboard synths were – they were all marketed as ‘workstations’).

• Just found this so wanted to say Thanks!

• How much overlap is there between iM1 and Waveststion? Are they entirely different beasts?

• @espiegel123 said:
    How much overlap is there between iM1 and Waveststion? Are they entirely different beasts?

Yes.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@espiegel123 said:
    How much overlap is there between iM1 and Waveststion? Are they entirely different beasts?

Yes.

There are pretty different in the way they are programmed...
    Both do have 'The Korg Sound' to them which I happen to like.

If iWavestation also contained the 'Wave ROM' from the iM1 things would be a bit different...
    iM1 is easier to program while iWavestation is a lot deeper with wave-seqeunces and vector synthesis.

There's already plenty of wave-forms/samples in both to last a very long time but at the same time being able to load own samples would be icing on the cake.

Maybe Korg is cooking something we have now clue about yet, maybe even a port of the HD-1 engine from the Kronos which is a combination of both iM1 & iWavestation with option to use user-samples and also do some serious sampling :)

• Tx. Do you recommend wavestation?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Tx. Do you recommend wavestation?

When the Korg Wavestation was introduced many, many years ago I dreamed of owning one but it was out of reach for me. So for me personally, the iOS version including all the IAPs (ie. more samples and presets) is a 'no brainer' and it adds an extra Gadget to Gadget to boot.

There are plenty of videos on Youtube demoing the sounds, here's one...

If there's something in them you like then the iWavestation is for you ;)

• "When the Korg Wavestation was introduced many, many years ago I dreamed of owning one but it was out of reach for me. So for me personally, the iOS version including all the IAPs (ie. more samples and presets) is a 'no brainer' and it adds an extra Gadget to Gadget to boot."

@Samu The same for me! But, I finally got mine. I have both hardware and software. And though I dearly love it's sound I'm awash on the shore of the Wavestation's idiosyncracies at the moment. And enjoying every minute of it.

• @kinkujin said:

@Samu The same for me! But, I finally got mine. I have both hardware and software. And though I dearly love it's sound I'm awash on the shore of the Wavestation's idiosyncracies at the moment. And enjoying every minute of it.

Everyone back in the good old days drooled over the Wavestation when Lizardking dropped some of his tunes :D

(Most of the sounds are sampled from a Korg Wavestation).

• Thanks very much @1P18 and @AndyPlankton for the slimline version.

• @1P18 said:
    The iWAVESTATION actually isn't all that complex, it's just the layout isn't really straightforward, and I don't think the patches do it justice. This guide is not a comprehensive one, just a little walk through to kind of take you through the paces.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByWjlLzXs5mPVjFlQVNfU3RmWlE/view?usp=sharing

Guide created with Comic Draw.

Your created guide is no longer available or the link is wrong.
    Would have liked to take a look ☹️

• edited January 2019

@Morphzeus - I think @1P18 went out in a blaze of politics or something. I will have a look later and see if I still have this on my computer.

• @gusgranite said:
    @Morphzeus - I think @1P18 went out in a blaze of politics or something. I will have a look later and see if I still have this on my computer.

The desert makes people crazy is all....

• @gusgranite said:

Hmm, I thought I had this but cannot find it now.

Anyone else?

• @gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

Anyone else?

I found it on my iPad 😊

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k0eEaoN7BcLlh-YrvKBXiv8XfMt29k3U/view?usp=drivesdk

• The best feature of iWavestation is probably the hidden button on the version text.

Not that I had anything to do with that 😗🎵

• edited January 2019

@davis_korgrd said:
    The best feature of iWavestation is probably the hidden button on the version text.

Hah! :) – look at this (to save time jump in to 1:12):

• @White said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

Anyone else?

I found it on my iPad 😊

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k0eEaoN7BcLlh-YrvKBXiv8XfMt29k3U/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you!!

• @rs2000 said:

@White said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

Anyone else?

I found it on my iPad 😊

Thank you!!

Indeed, seconded.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    The best feature of iWavestation is probably the hidden button on the version text.

I don't think I would have ever found it without the hint. Thanks for sharing--that is fun!

• _ki_ki
    edited January 2019

@davis_korgrd said:

Thats a very nice easter egg, did“t expect that. There are even different difficulty levels by changing the velocity B)

@u0421793 Nice find - i participated at the event shown in the video. It was at the „electronic theater“ of the Siggraph 91 conference in Las Vegas. After playing that first game shown in your video, the whole audience was stearing an airplane in flight simulator - front vs back to control pitch and left vs right to control roll. Worked quite well until we all crash landed B)
    From a technological view, they used infrared light comming from the front of the stage and a few cameras that picked up the red or green reflections for each seat.

• @White said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

Anyone else?

I found it on my iPad 😊

Well done and thank you.

• R_2R_2
    edited January 2019

@davis_korgrd
    iWavestation is my favorite iOS synth. But there’s one specific bug annoying me since release:

When editing a wavesequence that consists of waves from different cards it doesn’t show the right ‘wave’ in the pop-up menu. The first wave in sequences determines what happens and when selecting another wave in the sequence they are not highlighted correctly in the wave pop-up unless they are from the same rom card.
    Example: card 3 > Performace 2 “Vokal Motion” > Part 1 > wavesequence A “Vokal”. This consist of waves from card 3 and rom 11. First wave is from card 3, as a result waves from rom 11 are not shown when touching them (wave pop up screen stays at card 3). See image:

Also the preview function in the wave pop-up menu is broke: when holding a wave to preview it automatically overwrites the wave in position 1 of the sequence.

Other problems with iWavestation:

• Only 3 user cards (150 user ’performances”) is limiting. Could you please add a 4th user card. There’s already room for 4th card in UI.
    • User scales for ‘parts’ work in iWavestation but not in Milpitas.
    • Why does internal tempo always defaults back to 104.5 bpm?
  • R_2R_2
    edited June 2019

Decided to send above message to Korg support in April. The ROM card bug was fixed in this week’s update. Internal tempo is now remembered.

User scales still don’t work in Milpitas (Gadget).
    Also no 4th card for user sounds.

Remains a unique synth, my fav crazy-sound playground.

• @R_2 said:
    Decided to send above message to Korg support in April. The ROM card bug was fixed in this week’s update. Internal tempo is now remembered.

User scales still don’t work in Milpitas (Gadget).
    Also no 4th card for user sounds.

Remains a unique synth, my fav crazy-sound playground.

My long standing wishes are to be able to have full editing of both iM1 and iWavestation in their Gadget form too :)
    And if applicable iM1 'Combi' sounds in Gadget would increase the sound-palette even more...

I'm still waiting for the two remaining Gadgets and maybe some surprises too, Electribe Wave's wave-table synth in Gadget would be awesome.

But yeah, I'm happy with the update too!

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2019

@Samu Agreed, iM1 ‘Combi’ sounds in particular shouldn’t be hard to implement in Darwin gadget. Some of them are great and not just a combination of the available programs.

Those two remaining gadgets were originally announced for ‘early’ 2019. Wonder why it’s taking so long?

Electribe Wave’s synth in Gadget would make $ense ;)

• More than 3 years after the pdf was created, and I thank you for this. Just get iWavestation today and it's very useful! 🙏

• But the PDF seems to have gone from @White ’s Google Drive.

Anyone able to share their copy of it..?

• @qryss said:
    But the PDF seems to have gone from @White ’s Google Drive.

Anyone able to share their copy of it..?

Please read the whole thread, it's only two pages so far 😉

• edited June 2020