Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG NanoKontrol Studio's first review isn't stellar.

124»

Comments

• Lol, this is pretty much me when I find something that makes sounds I like

• @rumorazzi said:
    Ordered.
    :smiley:

Loving it?

• @vpich said:

@rumorazzi said:
    Ordered.

Loving it?

I Like it.
    No cables is a must.
    I tried in native mode with gadget and using midi learn in aum without any problems (with the latter I noticed that the solo and mute buttons work only if keep pushed, probably I'd need to use the software editor in order to change it).
    As many people here I'd love an iOS editor.

• @rumorazzi said:

@vpich said:

@rumorazzi said:
    Ordered.

Loving it?

I Like it.
    No cables is a must.
    I tried in native mode with gadget and using midi learn in aum without any problems (with the latter I noticed that the solo and mute buttons work only if keep pushed, probably I'd need to use the software editor in order to change it).
    As many people here I'd love an iOS editor.

Yeah. I would keep it just for gadget. Then i can run it on my phone and still have great control and keep my ipad for aum and other things

• @Munibeast said:
    I'll have one awesome BT pedal :smiley:

We definitely need those, on iOS devices. There are some options (like Positive Grid and IK Multimedia), but it’s more limited than one might expect.

Might even end up hacking something together on Raspberry Pi or Arduino. Even thought of using one of those cheap mats meant for dancing games like DDR.

• I want to build similar thing for launchpad. Awesome work and all my support in your diy project!

• Hi

Question for NanonKontrol Studio users : could this device be used as a MIDI controller for iOS synth apps that have MIDI learn?

The 8 faders are of interest to me to control VCA and VCF adsr envelopes

I would like to be able to dig deeper with Moog Model 15, Sunrizer, Kaspar, Synthmaster one, with physical control

Thinking of combining NanoKontrol Studio with my Roli Seaboard Blocks, iPad + 2 devices and zero cables sounds very tempting

Thanks

Nico

• @saxophonick said:
    Hi

Question for NanonKontrol Studio users : could this device be used as a MIDI controller for iOS synth apps that have MIDI learn?

I would like to be able to dig deeper with Moog Model 15, Sunrizer, Kaspar, Synthmaster one, with physical control

Thinking of combining NanoKontrol Studio with my Roli Seaboard Blocks, iPad + 2 devices and zero cables sounds very tempting

Thanks

Nico

Yes you can, i love my NanoKONTROL Studio and NanoKEY Studio too for that matter. The NanoKONTROL Studio has 5 pages of scenes (NanoKEY has 8) for you to switch between.

Its lightweight and great for on the go. The only downer is to change the specific CCs and knob/fader/button behaviours, you need a computer as the editor isn't available for iOS.

• @Calverhall said:

@saxophonick said:
    Hi

Thanks

Nico

Yes you can, i love my NanoKONTROL Studio and NanoKEY Studio too for that matter. The NanoKONTROL Studio has 5 pages of scenes (NanoKEY has 8) for you to switch between.

Its lightweight and great for on the go. The only downer is to change the specific CCs and knob/fader/button behaviours, you need a computer as the editor isn't available for iOS.

Thank you for the info Calverhall

Sounds reassuring, as there is little info to be found on web about uses other than with Gadget/Korg apps

Best

Nico

• edited June 2019

@saxophonick said:

@Calverhall said:

@saxophonick said:
    Hi

Thanks

Nico

Sounds reassuring, as there is little info to be found on web about uses other than with Gadget/Korg apps

Best

Nico

There are quite a lot infos about the Korg Studios here in several threads .
    Bluetooth and Midi mapping works very well. I use them to control almost every music app on the iPad... 👍

• @chandroji said:

@saxophonick said:

@Calverhall said:

@saxophonick said:
    Hi

Thanks

Nico

Best

Nico

There are quite a lot infos about the Korg Studios here in several threads .
    Bluetooth and Midi mapping works very well. I use them to control almost every music app on the iPad... 👍

What a neat setup for iOS! Thanks for your feedback - strangely I used the search function before asking but came up with little info outside of Gadget + Nanos.

It’s good to know with the answers here that it is a safe buy for the intended use.

Best

Nico

• @SpookyZoo
    Talk about being Awesome, thanks for sharing your keymap