Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What was your first concert?

....you remember...... ;)

Me my parents took me to see Alice Cooper with Vinny Vincent Invasion opening.

First concert I went to (without parents) was with a friend and older brother who drove .....Ace Frehely w Cinderella(gag)......LOL......I was 12 so ........

Wow.

How many things would happen since those early years of life.....so many experiences...so much music....so many drugs.....so many laughs....so many losses.....

Music is life.

Life is music.

I may not have always loved my life.

But I never stopped loving music.

Through that, music has kept me alive many times.

TGIF

Let's talk.

Comments

• My first concert was seeing .38 Special playing a free show on the town green. My parents took me. They played the 2 songs I knew - Hold On Loosely and Caught Up in You - and they were FANTASTIC. Blew my little child fragile eggshell mind.

My first concert on my own (without the parents) was going to see Rush with some high school buddies. I think Candlebox was opening for them at the time - it was either the Presto or Roll The Bones tour. Another BRILLIANT show that just made me want it more.

I've seen a million more brilliant shows since. The best ones are usually when I'm sharing the bill in some way and get to watch from the wings of the stage - got to see Trey Anastasio, Elvis Costello, Crosby Stills & Nash, and Morris Day & The Time that way, amongst others.

• David Bowie at Kungliga Tennishallen, Stockholm 1978...I was 16...
    The opening number, Warzawa, with Bowie playing the Chamberlin CMI, was magical...

• The Beach Boys, 1963, Buffalo, New York. Around the same time my father took me to see Louis Armstrong. I don't remember which was first. I do know that my parents drove us to the Beach Boys, but waited outside. It was one of their first national tours when they were wearing their iconic stripped shirts.

My wife saw the Beatles, Shea Stadium. She said she couldn't hear one note of the music, the screaming was so loud.

Steve
    ThinAirX.com

• edited June 2019

My first was carrying my grandpa's bag to some blues/jazz joint. I wasn't big enough to carry his guitar. That's been much more my concert experience. I've seen thousands probably of local bands, big names mostly before they were big because someone I knew opened for them. Its been a cool trip I think.

Tangent:
    He was a good player, taught lessons, taught me to do pretty advanced guitar and basic amp repairs.

You might think at first 'wow, so lucky to have that influence so young.' But I was a piece of shit kid. I loved and enjoyed being around my grandpa because he was a super sweet and chill guy, but I thought music was old people stuff and not very cool lol.

But I guess that is growing up in the 80s and either hearing the last generation's music or 80s pop (both of which I have in fact warmed to).

However, when I finally heard some post-punk and grunge....then his teaching was awesome. I was able to get the best people into my little junior high band in my age group cause I could already play and fix up crappy stuff we could get at the pawn shop. :)

• edited June 2019

Simple Minds, Lausanne 1991...

• @lasselu said:
    David Bowie at Kungliga Tennishallen, Stockholm 1978...I was 16...
    The opening number, Warzawa, with Bowie playing the Chamberlin CMI, was magical...

Super cool!

• @Daveypoo said:
    My first concert was seeing .38 Special playing a free show on the town green. My parents took me. They played the 2 songs I knew - Hold On Loosely and Caught Up in You - and they were FANTASTIC. Blew my little child fragile eggshell mind.

My first concert on my own (without the parents) was going to see Rush with some high school buddies. I think Candlebox was opening for them at the time - it was either the Presto or Roll The Bones tour. Another BRILLIANT show that just made me want it more.

I've seen a million more brilliant shows since. The best ones are usually when I'm sharing the bill in some way and get to watch from the wings of the stage - got to see Trey Anastasio, Elvis Costello, Crosby Stills & Nash, and Morris Day & The Time that way, amongst others.

During my undergrad years I was merchandise supervisor at a pavilion concert place that did all classic rock and a few newer things in the earlier 90s so I saw lots of those era acts!

Cool

• @ThinAirX said:
    The Beach Boys, 1963, Buffalo, New York. Around the same time my father took me to see Louis Armstrong. I don't remember which was first. I do know that my parents drove us to the Beach Boys, but waited outside. It was one of their first national tours when they were wearing their iconic stripped shirts.

My wife saw the Beatles, Shea Stadium. She said she couldn't hear one note of the music, the screaming was so loud.

Steve
    ThinAirX.com

No kidding.

My parents saw Zeppelin at the Garden.

My dad was at Woodstock actually and his band was actually up in those parts I think in the 60/70s....Poconos up to up state.

Beatles

Wow

Wild

• @Multicellular said:
    My first was carrying my grandpa's bag to some blues/jazz joint. I wasn't big enough to carry his guitar. That's been much more my concert experience. I've seen thousands probably of local bands, big names mostly before they were big because someone I knew opened for them. Its been a cool trip I think.

Tangent:
    He was a good player, taught lessons, taught me to do pretty advanced guitar and basic amp repairs.

You might think at first 'wow, so lucky to have that influence so young.' But I was a piece of shit kid. I loved and enjoyed being around my grandpa because he was a super sweet and chill guy, but I thought music was old people stuff and not very cool lol.

But I guess that is growing up in the 80s and either hearing the last generation's music or 80s pop (both of which I have in fact warmed to).

However, when I finally heard some post-punk and grunge....then his teaching was awesome. I was able to get the best people into my little junior high band in my age group cause I could already play and fix up crappy stuff we could get at the pawn shop. :)

Thanks for the cool story.

I can identify

When I was a kid I remember working the lights with my dad playing guitar and my mom on bass singing Pat Benatar!

• edited June 2019

The first concert where I paid my ticket by myself was Jethro Tull - 1977
    At this time I started learning the Flute so Ian Anderson was a must see for me... 😊

The second Concert was one year later 1978 in Berlin - Frank Zappa 😎

• Led Zeppelin at the Hampton coliseum in Virginia. I remember vividly they opened up with Immigrant Song which I didn’t recognize at the time until LZ 3 was released a few months later.

• Mine was Barclay James Harvest at Manchester Free Trade Hall in the early 70s. It is where I fell in love with the sound of the mellotron and soaring guitar solos!

• edited June 2019

Mother fuckin Reveen bitches! (It was a concert to me at the time)

(holy shit, had no idea there was an album!! Must get!!)

Sure he is an illusionist but his magic show themes (combined with the Buck Rogers dancing orb music) completely contaminated my childhood musical sensibilities. Just about everything I do now still sounds like a magic show. It was embarrassingly pointed out to me about 20 years ago but I have not been able to shake it so now I just try to embrace it with less embarrassment.

lol, fun rabbit hole...

Never did watch Trailer park Boys but now just for the Reveen eater eggs... tempted...

• "Come in awe! - the man the call Reveen! " I too, saw Reveen in my youth - but not until I was about 16 yrs old. (I think it may have been his farewell tour?)

my first real concert was a double bill of two of the hottest Canadian bands at the time - Honeymoon Suite with openers Haywire. I was maybe 12/13. My ears rang for 2 full days afterwards...

• I can’t remember if this was my first but it probably was.

Osibisa, in Papua New Guinea sometime between 1976 to 79. I’d have been in my late teens.

After they went off stage, they actually let me fiddle with the Arp Odyssey – while the audience was all still there (no music happened, just a lot of amusing abstract sounds)

• I've seen Aesop rock more than I've seen any other artist. But I've deff seen Lot.... Music is deff been keeping me going since childhood when I had no idea what a synthesizer was but really used for but I would draw them on cardboard and pretend to play it😂
    First show was a Christian rock band called Petra that my parents took me too. Never liked the music but I knew right then I loved live shows.
    Best live performance I've seen on stage was twenty one pilots

• @reasOne said:
    I've seen Aesop rock more than I've seen any other artist.

Just started into Aesop Rock the other day playing around with an accapella in BM3. Good stuff and shall investigate more.

• edited June 2019

@RUST( i )K said:
    Thanks for the cool story.

I can identify

When I was a kid I remember working the lights with my dad playing guitar and my mom on bass singing Pat Benatar!

Nice!
    It skips generations in my family for some reason. My grandpa, great aunts, great uncle, that generation all had gigging musicians, and so does mine. No one in between. I mean some of them can play a bit, but not in serious groups/regular solo acts like.

• edited June 2019

@Halftone said:
    "Come in awe! - the man the call Reveen! " I too, saw Reveen in my youth - but not until I was about 16 yrs old. (I think it may have been his farewell tour?)

Next up was Royter! https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePaulroyterabc the hypnotist (harder to call this a concert but there was a stage and applause).

Then a country band called Restless Heart rolled through town and I went with my parents.

Didn't see another concert until I was in my twenties with the 'soon to be mrs' from the new big city I just moved to. I think it was Jewel or Fiona Apple. Oh Jurrasic Five opened for Fiona Apple. Then I took her to Huun Huur Tu (tuvan throat singers). Then she brought me to Bjork and later The Tellers.

So I think that's all the concerts I have ever been to.

• So... long... ago...

Can't remember which was the first - either 74 or 75

Pretty sure it was Blue Oyster Cult

But it also could have been anyone of these...

Kansas
    Heart
    Rush

• Local stuff first - embryonic Depeche Mode, other ‘school’ bands, possibly a Feelhood and punk bands, but first ‘proper’ gig was UK at the Venue in London. John Wetton, Eddie Jobson and Terry Bozio. Wonderful.

• The Jam, Manchester Apollo early 1983, turned out to be their last tour,it was brilliant ! 🙂

• Run's House Tour 1988 at the Travis County Exposition Center. Summer before 9th grade. We had the cheapest bleacher seats but one of my older buddies tipped a security guard to let us onto the floor.

• Rush Grace Under Pressure in 1984 at LA Colosseum with my brother. Nose Bleed seats.

• @MonzoPro said:
    but first ‘proper’ gig was UK at the Venue in London. John Wetton, Eddie Jobson and Terry Bozio. Wonderful.

One of my all time favs. Saw this lineup warm up for Jethro Tull. A little bummed not to have seen original lineup with Bill Bruford.

• @chandroji said:
    The first concert where I paid my ticket by myself was Jethro Tull - 1977
    At this time I started learning the Flute so Ian Anderson was a must see for me... 😊

The second Concert was one year later 1978 in Berlin - Frank Zappa 😎

Wow Tull!

Amazing

• @audiblevideo said:
    Rush Grace Under Pressure in 1984 at LA Colosseum with my brother. Nose Bleed seats.

Serious show though I imagine

• Lots of Rush!

Interesting

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:
    I've seen Aesop rock more than I've seen any other artist.

Just started into Aesop Rock the other day playing around with an accapella in BM3. Good stuff and shall investigate more.

Nice!!
    Lots of great synth work in this release, and the most personable release he has to date.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.