Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS apps convert audio loop to midi?

Hello

Are there any iOS apps on iPhone or any in browser services anyone is aware of where you can feed it an audio loop and it will convert it to a midi file similar to the functionality in ableton on desktop?

Comments

• Midimorphosis was designed this way, you can import pre-recorded audio and it will analyze the audio and create a midi file. The dev is great, super creative developer. Not sure he has had the time to update any of his apps lately, but I just tested MIDIMorphosis and it works :)

• @Hmtx said:
    Midimorphosis was designed this way, you can import pre-recorded audio and it will analyze the audio and create a midi file. The dev is great, super creative developer. Not sure he has had the time to update any of his apps lately, but I just tested MIDIMorphosis and it works :)

Agreed. Used MIDIMorphosis a lot running Figure through it in Audiobus to make my stuff into midi and layer tracks

Other option is Thumbjam

• @senhorlampada said:

@Hmtx said:
    Midimorphosis was designed this way, you can import pre-recorded audio and it will analyze the audio and create a midi file. The dev is great, super creative developer. Not sure he has had the time to update any of his apps lately, but I just tested MIDIMorphosis and it works :)

Agreed. Used MIDIMorphosis a lot running Figure through it in Audiobus to make my stuff into midi and layer tracks

Other option is Thumbjam

Amazing thank you! Just tried getting midimorphosis but it said it’s not available in my country...in Germany right now but tried connecting through the US on a VPN and App Store still won’t let me have it... what country are you in?

• Brazil...
    It seems that it's no longer available.
    Not sure if @SecretBaseDesign could share a solution... or a code or something :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Brazil...
    Not sure if @SecretBaseDesign could share a solution... or a code or something :lol:

Thank you! I’m specifically looking to convert drum loops to midi on an iPhone but can’t seem to figure this out in thumbjam~ is a workflow like this possible on iPhone?

Has anyone had experience doing something like this using the Midi Guitar app?

• @annahahn said:

@senhorlampada said:
    Brazil...

Thank you! I’m specifically looking to convert drum loops to midi on an iPhone but can’t seem to figure this out in thumbjam~ is a workflow like this possible on iPhone?

Has anyone had experience doing something like this using the Midi Guitar app?

Converting polyphonic drums to MIDI is going to be tricky with MIDI Guitar. MIDI Guitar is designed to identify notes played on a guitar...i suspect it would not work well with unpitched sources. (Which would be true of anything designed for pitch to MIDI - drums-to-midi would have a different approach to part identification).

• @senhorlampada said:
    Brazil...

I took MM off the store a while ago -- some hardware conflicts with some newer phones, and I didn't want anyone buying an app that would be broken. Lots of things are going through major rewrites, and the functionality will probably come back in a new app later this summer.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@senhorlampada said:
    Brazil...

I took MM off the store a while ago -- some hardware conflicts with some newer phones, and I didn't want anyone buying an app that would be broken. Lots of things are going through major rewrites, and the functionality will probably come back in a new app later this summer.

Super. Look forward to it.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

Awesome to learn about this.
    Hope things are going well on your side. I know the iOS jungle is wild :sunglasses:

Thanks, Patrick! Cheers

• You might also want to look into FAC Envolver for converting drum hits to MIDI as you can assign a note and get a MIDI CC which corresponds to the amplitude of the drum hit using the SQ Sidechain preset. You can adjust parameters in the app and graphically see how close you can get to the drum hit waveforms. Once you’ve adjusted the parameters to your liking, record the MIDI output from Envolver or route it to a drum app. It’s not going to be exactly like your original drums but it might be able generate a useful rhythm based upon it.

Slowing down the playback speed of the original drum track can help you to get a more accurate profile of your drum hits and the MIDI file you create can then be loaded into a DAW to match whatever tempo you want. Edit the MIDI note values to correspond to whatever drum app you use or use a MIDI filter app to remap them.

Not iPhone nor MIDI but another way to replace drum sounds:

Auria Pro has the Drumagog 5 plugin IAP which allows you to:

Drumagog, the industry standard in drum replacing, is a plug-in which replaces acoustic drum tracks with your choice of other samples. Drumagog offers the "secret weapons" top mix engineers use to give hit records polish and power. It is this exclusive combination of replacement and enhancement tools that has made Drumagog the industry standard for more than a decade.

Drumagog 5 for Auria packs most of the great features you've come to rely on in the desktop version of Drumagog, including:

• Advanced Triggering Mode
    • Multi-Sample support
    • Visual Triggering
    • Live Triggering Mode
    • Pitch Control
    • Stealth Mode
    • Room Samples
    • Auto Align 2.0

Drumagog for Auria comes with a 500MB library of multisampled GOG files, consisting of Kicks, Snares, and Toms.