Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quantum Fluctuations, a short jam featuring Ripplemaker, Ruismaker, Rozeta

edited June 2019 in Creations

Quick (IDM? Downtempo? who knows...) jam from yesterday night, featuring Ripplemaker, Digital D1, Model D, Ruismaker. Under the hood, rozeta controls almost everything (Bassline, Cells, Rhythm). Recorded "live" in AUM in one take.
Ripplemaker sound palette is finally starting to grow on me, especially when coupled with K7D and Korvpressor.
Ruismaker is doing well in this one, I like the groove. Might have to replace the kick with a more beefy one from its dark brother Noir.
What do you guys think? Is it worth turning it into a full track?

Comments

• @silent1 said:
    What do you guys think? Is it worth turning it into a full track?

As-is sounds already full to me! :lol:
    If you mean chord progression + variation + sections... Yep :wink:
    You got an awesome thing going...
    Loved it

• @senhorlampada said:

As-is sounds already full to me! :lol:
    If you mean chord progression + variation + sections... Yep :wink:
    You got an awesome thing going...
    Loved it

Why thank you Senhor Lampada!
    Yes, I'd like to give it a proper structure, with intro, variations, ending, a bass line, a melody line, but that requires moving everything to a DAW and I feel so lazy to do that in the evenings after work :neutral:
    I just need one of those weekend when I feel super productive :smiley:

• This is sounding really good! As it stands it's solid, add more and I'm sure it'll be great as well!

• BTW, that's something that intrigues me. Can't Rozeta Cells send chord/scale changes to the other Rozeta plugins?

• edited June 2019

@senhorlampada said:
    BTW, that's something that intrigues me. Can't Rozeta Cells send chord/scale changes to the other Rozeta plugins?

It can definitely send chords, because I'm sending chords to Digital D1 from it, so I believe it could send chords to other Rozeta plugins as well.

• I love Ripplemaker. It pairs very well with Grind.

• Good one. Yes add more. But I am a lead line man!

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2019

Really. liked that one, all of it :)

Any change that you publish the AUM session ? There are so many cool elements (the synth sounds, the perc, the patterns) and i would love to ‚play’ it myself (in the mood of add-nothing, but extend it or do own changes and breakdowns, buildups and just let it flow for hours etc). Anyways, thanks for posting - it already enchanted my morning <3

• @_ki said:
    Any chance that you will publish the AUM session?

That's a really powerful way to get your music out there and inspire others.
    The AUM projects for @_Ki's StreamByter scripts, @martinj's Ambient Guitar setup
    and @echoopera's ambient music taught me a lot about the tools these artists use to make IOS
    music.

Please consider posting a link to your project file here. Someone will benefit and your music will
    evolve with new ideas injected.

• @_ki said:
    Really. liked that one, all of it :)

Any change that you publish the AUM session ? There are so many cool elements (the synth sounds, the perc, the patterns) and i would love to ‚play’ it myself (in the mood of add-nothing, but extend it or do own changes and breakdowns, buildups and just let it flow for hours etc). Anyways, thanks for posting - it already enchanted my morning <3

Thanks! Sure, I could do that! I'm still adding stuff to that session but I guess I could freeze it.
    Though, would it include the custom patches I made on Ripplemaker, Model D, Digital D1 and Ruismaker, and all the Rozeta plugins and effects?

• me likey.

• If you have all the plugins as AU inside AUM their states/settings are saved. It seems that only D1 is IAA and for this you would need to save its settings to an extra file. I you used a factory preset on the D1, just mention that in the notes of the AUM session (found in menu).

After saving the session in AUM, locate the file in the files app and use audioshare or the free documents app to compress the .aumproj file into a zip. Such a zip can be directly dropped into the audiobus forums comment field:

• Start commenting in safari
    • Change to the files app, locate the zip and press and hold the zip, move the icon a bit.
    • While still holding the icon, use the other hand to swipe up to return to the ipads main ui.
    • Move the icon on top of safaris icon and wait a little bit
    • Safari will blink two times and open again on the last opened page
    • Drop the icon into the comment field and its attached :) No need to upload it to google or dropbox.

It doesn‘t matter that this beautiful thing isn’t 100% finished, its golden even as work in progress :)

• Definitely worth turning into a full track!

• edited June 2019

Here it is! I managed! Thank you @_ki for the very detailed instructions!
    The D1 patch is a custom patch based on Red Sky Lullaby’s Orange Crush Pad patch, to which I added a 4-bar square LFO on the delay time to add those interesting stereo glitches (you can find the delay time as LFO target in the extra options that show up by hiding the keyboard in the LFO page), so it should be fairly easy to recreate.
    Enjoy!

• Thank you so much :)

I recreated and saved the D1 patch and now i‘m listening in endless loop while working.

To keep it slowly changing i added an Rozeta LFO to automate Ripplemakers filter, slightly modulate D1s gain and shift the stereo balance of the Ruismakers drums to keep everything slowly changing.

And playing your session inspired my to do another Mozaic script that`ll add song structure variations... i need to find more time to script :p