Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi looping auv3 with overwrite not overdub

Hello

I am looking for an AUV3 that will run on iPhone and will allow me to record a sequence of incoming notes and loop it. I need for the AUV3 record and clear sequence buttons to be able to be triggered via midi

Is anyone aware of anything like this?

I am using a tc data patch that plays drums, synth, n bass on different sections of the screen by splitting the notes in Midiflow, but I would like to be able to play a drum pattern, loop it, and then go back and play synth on top of it without having to jump between apps ie control the playback controls via midi

Comments

• Atom - Piano Roll
    It’s a midi piano roll AUv3. You could set up 4 instances, each one listening to a different MIDI channel for your different instruments. (Set that up in MIDIFlow)

Currently the only MIDI binding in Atom is for start/stop. So you would have to set up all instances to be looping and recording simultaneously, then use start/stop to enable or disable different parts after each section has been recorded.

• @Hmtx said:
    Atom - Piano Roll
    It’s a midi piano roll AUv3. You could set up 4 instances, each one listening to a different MIDI channel for your different instruments. (Set that up in MIDIFlow)

Currently the only MIDI binding in Atom is for start/stop. So you would have to set up all instances to be looping and recording simultaneously, then use start/stop to enable or disable different parts after each section has been recorded.

Thank you for this~ I have Atom already but this is what I was concerned about~ there is no way to clear the loop right? I would only be able to overdub ontop of existing notes?

• edited June 2019

@annahahn said:
    Thank you for this~ I have Atom already but this is what I was concerned about~ there is no way to clear the loop right? I would only be able to overdub ontop of existing notes?

I think you are right... for now. The dev of Atom was saying that more MIDI control options are coming.

• You might wanna check out StepBud, it has not a recording from incoming notes function but its snapshots might do the work for you. You can assign different MIDI CC channels for each of your StepBud instances and you may send those channels to your snapshot index values in order to change the sequence on the fly.

• edited June 2019

Oh, I just realized that Mozaic is universal. I had thought it was iPad only. Mosiac is a code-based make your own MIDI controller AUv3. Someone made a midi looper and put the code here https://patchstorage.com/infinity/.

Edit: I think this is just a sequence looper... so it won’t record timing of MIDI events. you punch in your note sequence (with no respect to timing) and set note length, then it will play back... cool, but not what you are looking for right?

• @annahahn said:

@Hmtx said:
    Atom - Piano Roll

Clearing the loop is a manual operation at the moment: double tap to select all, and trash can in the lower right to delete.

• @Hmtx said:
    Oh, I just realized that Mozaic is universal. I had thought it was iPad only. Mosiac is a code-based mkae your own MIDI controller AUv3. Someone made a midi looper and put the code here https://patchstorage.com/infinity/.

Yeah... I'm not sure if I would recommend writing a long script on an iPhone, but running a script should be a pretty smooth experience :smile:

• Yeah, for sure @brambos ! I was hoping maybe someone had already built this and @annahahn could just download and go.

But (see my edit to post above) it looks no one has made this quite the way ahhahahn is aiming for.

So it would be a bigger process than I thought since I would need to learn Mozaic coding. (An indication of my dense brain, not your coding language)

• @Hmtx said:
    Yeah, for sure @brambos ! I was hoping maybe someone had already built this and @annahahn could just download and go.

But (see my edit to post above) it looks no one has made this quite the way ahhahahn is aiming for.

So it would be a bigger process than I thought since I would need to learn Mozaic coding. (An indication of my dense brain, not your coding language)

Heh. A MIDI looper as requested should certainly be possible in Mozaic, but it's not exactly a "my first project" kind of exercise :D