Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Minilogue xd - so close but so far

edited March 2019 in Other

Anyone else waiting for their new Korg Minilogue xd to arrive?

I'm excited about this one as I can write my own user oscillator & effects, but the delivery date keeps getting pushed back...5th April now.... :(

I've just sold my old minilogue...

Comments

• I think it's going scratch an itch for a lot of people but I'm more excited to take delivery of my Arturia MicroFreak. :)

• Yeah, Zeeon kept me buying the original Minilogue but xD is unique for what's out there and a decent price point. Though I'll wait until it's available used, so yeah another year. Ha.

• edited March 2019

I’m super excited for my Novation Circuit Mono to arrive. Been wanting one since they came out.

What does the xD offer that the old one doesn’t have? I guess could just look it up ...

• @midiSequencer said:
    I'm excited about this one as I can write my own user oscillator & effects,

So cool!! I’ve been telling friends about the XD hoping someone buys one. Very interesting move on Korg a part to make the oscillators user designable. Makes me think they have social synth enthusiasts working there.

• @midiSequencer You're right. The Minilogue XD has so much to offer. Way more than the original Minilogue. Not only that multi-engine oscillator but also the far more useful joystick.

• Where’d you order from , Ive been looking. Everyday to see if anyone is shipping in the states yet but I also just keep seeing shipping dates pushed back.

Annoying but it looks like it will fit a whole it my set up I’ve been trying to fill for awhile.

• @AlvinGreen said:
    Where’d you order from , Ive been looking. Everyday to see if anyone is shipping in the states yet but I also just keep seeing shipping dates pushed back.

Annoying but it looks like it will fit a whole it my set up I’ve been trying to fill for awhile.

I'm in the UK, and yes my shipping date gets pushed back too - currently at 5th April

• @bert said:
    @midiSequencer You're right. The Minilogue XD has so much to offer. Way more than the original Minilogue. Not only that multi-engine oscillator but also the far more useful joystick.

I'm looking forward to the fx too - they can be customised too using logue sdk

• My local music shop just got them in today will see how they are

• @AlvinGreen said:
    My local music shop just got them in today will see how they are

cool - mine is due next friday (unless they change the date)

Its Daniel's Sweetwater demo that convinced me to upgrade.

• This dev is doing his best to 'sell me' a Minilogue XD :D

The latest 'chip' oscillator for it very tempting indeed...

(There are a few more free oscillator & effects videos there, all free downloads for XD owners).

Must resist, must resist...

• @Samu Just wait for their Nu:Tekt, even more ‘chip’ like ;)
    Would be nice if they’d port Nu:Tekt to Gadget with option to install user oscillators.

• edited June 2019

Great idea, about Gadget supporting XD oscillator! How about an AU wrapper that supports Nutekt instead. It's open source?

• @R_2 said:
    @Samu Just wait for their Nu:Tekt, even more ‘chip’ like ;)
    Would be nice if they’d port Nu:Tekt to Gadget with option to install user oscillators.

...or just a wavetable synth to import XD oscillator waveforms and many others :smiley:

• @rs2000 said:

@R_2 said:

...or just a wavetable synth to import XD oscillator waveforms and many others :smiley:

The one from Electribe Wave would be enough for starters :)

• @R_2 said:

I plan on getting one once they are available :)

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

@R_2 said:

The one from Electribe Wave would be enough for starters :)

Just a matter of time I guess :)

• Amazon Japan has the new Minilogue XD Module listed for pre-order (June 23rd release). It is 60,000 yen (550USD). The keyboard version is 55,000 yen (500USD). I was hoping the module would be cheaper than the keyboard version, but maybe something about removing the keyboard, or the bundled software, has increased the price of it. Decisions to be made...

• XD prices for module pre-orders are cheaper in US. Might be an error? Modules are always cheaper than synths with keyboards.

• @nondes said:
    XD prices for module pre-orders are cheaper in US. Might be an error? Modules are always cheaper than synths with keyboards.

Perhaps the issue is with the pricing of the Minilogue XD. I am seeing that the keyboard version goes for about 150USD more in the US than Japan. So the Module is 50 dollars cheaper in the US, but 50 dollars more in Japan :)

• edited June 2019

@DYMS said:

@nondes said:
    XD prices for module pre-orders are cheaper in US. Might be an error? Modules are always cheaper than synths with keyboards.

Perhaps the issue is with the pricing of the Minilogue XD. I am seeing that the keyboard version goes for about 150USD more in the US than Japan. So the Module is 50 dollars cheaper in the US, but 50 dollars more in Japan :)

In Germany both are same price but not available yet! 😎

• Pre-Order on Amazon and Korg website have updated release date from mid-June to end of July.

• It's selling like hot-cakes from what I've heard.
    The Minilogue XD is one 'thing' that still triggers my NAS but local stores here expect delivery end of August so no rush haha...

• edited November 2019

I'm thinking I might sell my Ultranova (too big on my desktop, though it's a very nice 2 octave keybed with aftertouch for a MIDI controller) and put that toward an XD Module. I'd like to have something analog with some polyphany. I have an SE-02 that starts on the gritty side but can be smoothed out (esp with the ExtBox), but it's mono. I think the XD might be a great compliment, since it sounds like it starts on the smooth side but can be made gritty, and, of course, is modestly polyphonic. The Deepmind is an option, I suppose, but... meh.

• I always read this thread title as Kylie Minogue...

• edited November 2019

It is a great synth. However as other reviewers have said, the multi engine osc controls could be further fleshed out (similar to osc 1 and 2). Controlling the multi osc modulation/params becomes quite menu divey. One if the best things about the original minilouge was the knob per fuction control.
    Ahhhh maybe the minilogue 3

• @hibjshop said:
    It is a great synth. However as other reviewers have said, the multi engine osc controls could be further fleshed out (similar to osc 1 and 2). Controlling the multi osc modulation/params becomes quite menu divey. One if the best things about the original minilouge was the knob per fuction control.
    Ahhhh maybe the minilogue 3

Yeah, I've read/heard that about Osc 3. But.... with DAW software, hopefully that's more accessible. OR taking the time to map it to a MIDI controller if that's possible. For example, if I'm not using them simultaneously, my Roland SE-02 has plenty of knobs I could map to. I'll have to look into that.

It's clear the Osc 3 is a (modestly brilliant) bolt-on. But what a bolt-on.

• I think I saw that the Korg released an OS update. Has that improved things much?

• edited November 2019

The XD looked great until I saw this. Nice polysynth example at 2:20.

https://www.modalelectronics.com/argon8/

• edited November 2019

The ARGON8 is a wavetable synthesizer. It seems to be a nice compact wavtable 8 voice poly.

However the Minilogue XD is a very different approach to synthesis:

The Minilogue XD is first "true" analog synth (OSC & Filter) with 4 voices.

But second the XD has although digital OSC (calles Multiengine; which is programmable!)

Check the power of multiengine here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJxpj1GQfZtmQ9j-AM5QWOg
    Here you get FREE (!) new OSC and effects for the XD.

So you can load free of cost (!) kind of wavetable sounds into the Minilogue: https://www.gearnews.com/mutable-instruments-plaits-gets-ported-to-the-korg-prologue/

Beside prologue there is the XD version on the github two:

"Plaits for Korg
    The Mutable Instrument Plaits is a “macro-oscillator” Eurorack module that contains lots of different sorts of oscillators. It was recently released as a purely software version into VCV Rack. Peter used the Korg Prologue software development kit to port the software version across to the Korg synthesizer. Of the 16 synthesis models available in Plaits he could only fit in these 6:
    • va – Classic Waveforms – a normal Oscillator 
    • wsh – Waveshaping 
    • fm – Two FM Operators 
    • grn – Granular Formant Oscillator 
    • add – Harmonic Oscillator 
    wta – Wavetable Oscillator (Divided into 4 × 8 oscillator models due to memory limitations)"

I have an Minilogue XD. It really is nice compact and versatile synth.

Here you can here some patches:

Or in short: you need both synth ;-)