Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mastering app on the same level (haha) as TC Finalizer Express?

I've used a hardware TC Finalizer Express for most of my "hardware music studio career":

Has anyone here used it or the more advanced 96k version, and knows of anything similar and of comparable sonic quality and ease of use on iOS?

I do know a moderate amount of things about mastering, however I'm still struggling with finding a similarly good-sounding and "set and forget" solution on iOS.

In particular, it was simply amazing how this thing gives a perfect spectral balance and an extremely loud, non-squished-sounding master with pretty much no config required. You could feed it a pile of bullshit and it came out as gold! (figuratively speaking... :))

EDIT: Sorry, I think this came up once in another thread, but maybe things have changed since then :) and I honestly think this guy deserves a thread of its own...

Comments

• Never used the hardware but lurssen mastering console seems to be in that category of set and forget, and I’ve been happy with it.

• @SevenSystems said:
    I've used a hardware TC Finalizer Express for most of my "hardware music studio career":

Has anyone here used it or the more advanced 96k version, and knows of anything similar and of comparable sonic quality and ease of use on iOS?

I do know a moderate amount of things about mastering, however I'm still struggling with finding a similarly good-sounding and "set and forget" solution on iOS.

In particular, it was simply amazing how this thing gives a perfect spectral balance and an extremely loud, non-squished-sounding master with pretty much no config required. You could feed it a pile of bullshit and it came out as gold! (figuratively speaking... :))

EDIT: Sorry, I think this came up once in another thread, but maybe things have changed since then :) and I honestly think this guy deserves a thread of its own...

I really enjoy DDMF apps but my longest relationship with an app for things has been and will be

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiomaster-pro-improve-sound/id1245652090?mt=8

Dev is an awesome dude and knows his stuff IMHO