Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Raga For Lost Sailors / SwarPlug Ignited

I am loving SwarPlug. Bansuri Flute and Ravanhattha stringed instrument. The Ravanattha totally puts me back into The World Of Apu, by the master Indian director Satajit (?) Ray.

Comments

• Nice one Michael.

• Very cool.
    Some of those Geo Shred presets would pair nicely with that!

Little drum jam action as well....

NICE SOUND AND ARRANGEMENT.

Emotionally stirring 4 sho

• @RUST( i )K ... actually, there is a GeoShred Preset mixed in toward the end! Two minds with but a single thought! Thanks for liking and listening.

• edited June 2019

Not a real Raga, maybe an Alap For Lost Sailors... 🎶 😎

But a nice piece of music dear @LinearLineman ! Something different than your usual music.
    Nicely done, I like it! 😊👍

• Always quality music... You're a treasure, Mike :wink:

• Thanks, @chandroji. I am not a real Indian so it is perfect. But you have my curiosity. What exactly is a raga? And an alap? And thanks for lending me your ears.

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman
    Im afraid that I don’t know what „exactly“ is a Raga, because I’m just Chandroji and not Ravi Shankar‘s Son 😎
    but...

A classical Indian Raga will start mostly with an Alap where the musicians will introduce the tune, scale and the solo instruments. The improvised Alap is always played very slow and can be 10 minutes up to one hour long depend on the mood of the musicians and the audience. I saw a concert in Delhi with an 90 minutes Sitar Alap before the Raga starts... 🎶

After the Alap the Raga will start, at this time the main melody structures and also the rhythm (Tala) comes into the music, mostly using Tablas. In most Ragas the speed of the rhythm and the Solo Instruments will increase two times. May the Raga starts with 40bpm for 10 minutes, later they speed up to 80bpm and finally the play with 160bpm. Near the end of the Raga the music can get very fast and can sounds quite chaotic for Western ears but all musicians are perfectly in tune and timing and they will end their performance on the exactly specified end note and the audience will be excited!

I’m not a super expert for Indian classical music but I know a little bit . For my basic explanation I use just very simple words just for beginners. Professional Indian artist will go in much more details and they can write books about it... 😎

P.S.
    I think @MobileMusic knows much more about Ragas. I’m sure he can explain this musical Art of Indian culture better than me...

• Thanks, Chandroji. Excellent explanation! I would suggest putting it in the wiki.... but it is a little out in left field. You must be familiar with Satanist Roy's (haha... the stupid Google overlord) Satajit Ray's movies? What an experience. Would love to see them again... and hear that Ravanattha sound!

Thank you so much @senhorlampada. It is a year since we first met. The forum has made me what I am today.... old and broke 😜🤣! It means a lot to me that you are listening! Have a great summer!

• 11min "alap" from the late great Ali Akbar Kahn the undisputed master of the Sarod

And the master of Bansuri Flute

Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia

• I saw Ali Akbar Kahn play at my music college back in the early 80s. Amazing evening.

• Thanks for posting @at2. Both great listening.
    @MobileMusic. Thank you for listening. Much appreciated coming from you! Surely you are familiar with Satagit Ray? No one else seems to respond to my name dropping. I guess folks are too young here to know of this master. Unfortunately not a one on YouTube.

• Well, @LinearLineman, I'm 73 and I remember Satyajit Ray. Some of his movies are on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=satyajit+ray+movies

• Damn, @Deskscape, you have unseated me as the oldest member. Shit! Well, I gracefully (as much as I am able) accede to you the mantle and will no longer make that claim 😢🥳. I will check YouTube out! So how did you find your way to audiob.us? I assume you are an iOS player, but what else, if you don’ t mind? Septuagenarians are rare here... or so I thought!

• So how did you find your way to audiob.us? I assume you are an iOS player, but what else, if you don’ t mind? Septuagenarians are rare here... or so I thought!

I use Linux (Ubuntu MATE flavour) for my computer so music apps in general, and plugins in particular are scarce though they do exist. About a year ago I became curious about the iPad and what music apps might be available for it. A quick search on Youtube turned up thousands of hits, among them Audiobus, so one link led to another and here I am. I picked up a 6th gen 128G model in December last, and have slowly been learning the OS and apps. I'm semi-retired but still do occasional contract work with Library and Archives Canada.

• Thanks @Deskscape.we are both at it a short time. A Jordan Rudess video on a GeoShred started me out, welcome aboard!

• Thanks to @Deskscape I searched YouTube once again for Satyagit Ray movies. I had forgotten he wrote the music as well! Though his trilogy World of Apu is not there I found this one I had seen many decades ago. Not for the impatient. Things once moved a lot slower!

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for posting @at2. Both great listening.
    @MobileMusic. Thank you for listening. Much appreciated coming from you! Surely you are familiar with Satagit Ray? No one else seems to respond to my name dropping. I guess folks are too young here to know of this master. Unfortunately not a one on YouTube.

I'm glad you mentioned Satyajit Ray - he was an iconic director, writer and composer of yester-century who won several awards for his work. Most of his creations were even before I was born like Pather Panchali, Charulata. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to watch any of his movies so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyajit_Ray

https://www.google.com/search?q=satyajit+ray+movies

https://www.google.com/search?q=satyajit+ray+movies&tbm=vid

Cheers!

• Yeah, @MobileMusic ... you must watch. Too bad World of Apu and The Music Room not on Youtube.
    His music goes perfectly.

• I like this, @LinearLineman - quite meditative. I like the simplicity of it - I feel like most Westerners that try to emlulate Indian sounds try to be too busy... this is nicely evocative of the subcontinent without being too copycat.

Nice - had it going in while working and got lost in it quite by accident. Well done.

• Thanks so much @Daveypoo. That heartens me to try more.