Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis crashing when trying to open a .cbp project from another iPad

edited June 2019 in Support and Feedback

While doing a collaboration and exchanging Cubasis project files (.cbp), with certain files, importing a .cbp file shared via Dropbox works (in terms of sharing and copying the file into Cubasis) and the project sits next to the other Cubasis projects in the list, but trying to open it crashes Cubasis immediately.

Anyone else had this?
I've read about several other situations when Cubasis crashed, but opening a project?
It's a MIDI-only project.

Comments

• Not come across Cubasis crashing when trying to open another Cubasis project shared from another iPad. Doug and I do that all the time but what I do is save the zipped Cubasis Project file from Dropbox to Audioshare and from there copy it to Cubasis without unzipping it. The project appears in the project list in my Cubasis and so far all have opened successfully (even if some AUs or whatever are missing on my system - it just shows an error saying that).

Are the Cubasis/iOS versions the same on both iPads?

• @rs2000 said:
    While doing a collaboration and exchanging Cubasis project files (.cbp), with certain files, importing a .cbp file shared via Dropbox works (in terms of sharing and copying the file into Cubasis) and the project sits next to the other Cubasis projects in the list, but trying to open it crashes Cubasis immediately.

Anyone else had this?
    I've read about several other situations when Cubasis crashed, but opening a project?
    It's a MIDI-only project.

Hi rs2000,

Are you able to share the project and more information with us?

If so, please upload the project via WeTransfer, Dropbox or similar and let me have the download link via private message!

Thanks!

Lars

• Maybe it's the collaborator. Probably lives in an oriental country with low OS.

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

Hi all,

The issue can appear in situations where projects are loaded which contains unknown Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-ins. As a workaround for now, please install the required AU MIDI effect(s).

The issue will be addressed in the next Cubasis update, soon to be released.

Best,
    Lars