Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2.0.1 update available.

12345679»

Comments

• @Sinthemau said:
    At the end I finally decided to take this. Already bought and started to look at: it seems really a pleasure to work with, good design and workflow. I think i will stick at it trying to master the more I can.
    I will follow the good forum on the NS site too.
    See you there all and thanks for the great suggestion ;)

Congratulations @Sinthemau ! I hope you have fun with it :+1:

• edited May 2019

@drez said:

@Sinthemau said:
    At the end I finally decided to take this. Already bought and started to look at: it seems really a pleasure to work with, good design and workflow. I think i will stick at it trying to master the more I can.

Hi drez,

thanks for your message!
    I have just started to look into NS2 and I like to say that I appreciate this DAW, it seems to me the one I needed, obviously it's not perfect but pretty much like I wanted.

The most important drawback for me is what @dendy and others had reported here previously :

• cannot record MIDI FX output directly

It seems to me that I need the Midi Tools App (and also the Atom Piano Roll could a great addon for NS2) ...pity that I need to spend more money onto these, indeed. I will standby for now and go on learning to use NS2.

Hopefully one day these apps will be on sale...I hope :D

Same for the IAP Packs patches, I suppose they should be as wonderful as the factory installed ones, but for the moment I will pass.

Anyway I'm really happy with NS2 and congrats to developers, hoping that we will see the upgrades that NS2 (and we!) deserves

Thanks you all and cheers

• I still don’t get why you would need the Atom Piano roll if NS2 has amazing one as stated by many people; I’ve yet to buy NS2 though.

@Sinthemau said:

@drez said:

@Sinthemau said:

Hi drez,

thanks for your message!
    I have just started to look into NS2 and I like to say that I appreciate this DAW, it seems to me the one I needed, obviously it's not perfect but pretty much like I wanted.

The most important drawback for me is what @dendy and others had reported here previously :

It seems to me that I need the Midi Tools App (and also the Atom Piano Roll could a great addon for NS2) ...pity that I need to spend more money onto these, indeed. I will standby for now and go on learning to use NS2.

Hopefully one day these apps will be on sale...I hope :D

Same for the IAP Packs patches, I suppose they should be as wonderful as the factory installed ones, but for the moment I will pass.

Anyway I'm really happy with NS2 and congrats to developers, hoping that we will see the upgrades that NS2 (and we!) deserves

Thanks you all and cheers

• edited May 2019

@Sinthemau

Atom's UI is very much inspired ny NS2 piano roll UI (just look at screenshots ;)) , so if you re familiar with NS2 UI, you will feel familiar in Atom UI, it will feels almost like it is native part of NS thanks to UI similarities :))

Atom adds some features which are not available in NS2 piano roll on one side, but of course on other side there are missing some great features from NS (like drag handles and some actions available in NS2 piano roll) - so it's always on you, what features you need and what you will not miss. I would definitely first explore NS2 itself, and only in case you will be strongly missing something, then you should start think about other apps.

I personally do not see any advantages of using Atom inside NS for my workflow. To my understanding primary goal of Atom was to deliver piano roll into AUM (because there is not piano roll at all) or into other DAWs where piano roll is not that intuitive like the one in NS2 ;-)

As i said. Best strategy is to learn what is NS2 capable, and only after you realise that you are missing some feature which is crucial for you, start thinking about workarounds in form of external apps. At least it saves you some money :)))

• It's also for this that I am here :)
    Learn from whom has more experience than me, that's it.

Actually I DO NOT need Atom, really, I have to deal with NS2 alone, nothing around, maybe a little later MIDI Tools because it delivers what NS2 really lacks.

So, what can I say, thanks @dendy and @Tones4Christ , I will be here reading your stuff and learn from it
    Cheers all

• @Sinthemau said:

for what it's worth, if you already own AudioBus, you can record AUs directly to the NS2 timeline. So, instead of hosting say, Rozeta Collider in NS2, host it in AudioBus (or AUM or...) and point it at NS2. NS is happy to record external MIDI. Still definitely a work around but works fine and might save you a few bucks if you already own AB or AUM, etc. :+1:

• Sweet! Great advise! I already have them so NS2 is my missing piece <3

@syrupcore said:

@Sinthemau said:

for what it's worth, if you already own AudioBus, you can record AUs directly to the NS2 timeline. So, instead of hosting say, Rozeta Collider in NS2, host it in AudioBus (or AUM or...) and point it at NS2. NS is happy to record external MIDI. Still definitely a work around but works fine and might save you a few bucks if you already own AB or AUM, etc. :+1:

• @syrupcore said:

@Sinthemau said:

it's worth, it's worth! :)
    i have AB, so I'm going to give it a try.
    Thanks so much for the advise

• edited May 2019

Here one workflow idea by @syrupcore from NS forums , i like it A LOT !

Using empty clips on main mix track as "song markers"

• tap on "marker" clip to select it
    • double tap on "ACTIONS" to adjust song loop selection just to that selected part
    • now double tap on stop and play again - selected area starts to play

for me huge workflow booster for switching between song parts

• @dendy I have patented that idea in August 2018, here's the patent application :D

• hah ok... so more people already got this idea, it's just me so dumb that i didn't ... thanks .. :lol: :lol:

• @dendy said:
    hah ok... so more people already got this idea, it's just me so dumb that i didn't ... thanks .. :lol: :lol:

It really is quite obvious... but I guess it's better to just add a special "marker track feature" to throw it in your users' faces and add another point to the app's feature list :)

• It works well in nanostudio though because of the subfolders thing.

It would work even better if you could change the color of clips. I use that trick for arrangement all the time on desktop.

• edited May 2019

@cian said:
    It works well in nanostudio though because of the subfolders thing.

It would work even better if you could change the color of clips.

you can - just select clip (or more clips) and in properties action popup menu you can set their name and change their color

• Yeah it struck me that this might be possible as I wrote it - but I don't have Nanostudio in front of me. Thanks Dendy - as always you're a star.

• Yeah it’s actually perfect if you wanna build a bunch of arrangement templates with blank parts to save for later. On the other hand moving everything is so easy it might be a waste of time. And that’s a good thing

• “This is the camel that broke the straw’s Back” :#

That’s it, I’m buying NS2 and save for Favtory later. <3 <3 :D o:)

@dendy said:

• double tap on "ACTIONS" to adjust song loop selection just to that selected part

• @Tones4Christ said:
    “This is the camel that broke the straw’s Back” :#

That’s it, I’m buying NS2 and save for Favtory later. <3 <3 :D o:)

@dendy said:

Did anyone mention you can just select any clips and double tap action to loop the selection? No need to insert a marker if you don’t want

• edited May 2019

@db909 yes but this is more for the case when you actually WANT to have "makers" .. something in top part of song for quick navigate through logic regions of whole song ..

btw. just in case somebody is interested, here is full list of "double tap" actions in NS
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/6911/#Comment_6911

• Everything seems to be OK with Nanostudio 2.01 in the new iPadOS13 beta 1!
    Runs smooth on my tested device (12.9” 2nd generation)...

• Nanostudio is still useless to me until they fix the 32note polyphony cap. Needs to be 128 or it’s nothing better than any Lite software.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Nanostudio is still useless to me until they fix the 32note polyphony cap. Needs to be 128 or it’s nothing better than any Lite software.

Huh? I thought that was a NS1 thing.

• edited June 2019

Single Obsidian instance has 16 voices poly limit (teoretical max poly, it can be set in voice menu to lower value or even to mono, as is usuall with many synths - most of synths does not have bigger polyphony, there is lot of them which have for example just 8 voices max, like iOddysei or Model D)

I think @LucidMusicInc is talking about 32 voices limit per AU instrument instance - this will be increased as part of sustain pedal implementstion fix to support few AU imstruments with 32+ voices poly like Ravenscroft 275 piano for example

Of course there is no general "poly limit" for whole NS like it is for example in Cubasis (128 i think ??), you can play as much instruments as you CPU can handle...

• @dendy yes thanks for clarifying :D

• Got a new tune created in Nanostudio2. The tweaks in 2.0.1 were wonderful as well as iPad OS which made a huge performance impact.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35610/pathways-nanostudio2/

• @drez said:
    Got a new tune created in Nanostudio2. The tweaks in 2.0.1 were wonderful as well as iPad OS which made a huge performance impact.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35610/pathways-nanostudio2/

Mind. Blown.

• Thank you @anickt :smiley:

I think the biggest 2.0.1 update that helped me with that song with the 12.9" screen support. I could see waaaaay more channels at once when mixing. I absolutely love the iphone version and really enjoy working with it anywhere, but when I start mixing, I'll probably move the project over to the ipad just becasue adjusting things is a bit easier with the screen real estate.