Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge, creative push.

Would anyone be interested in a little challenge !?
Weekly or monthly ?

The challenge would be to use one app, pre determined, to create a piece of music. Likely something short like a loop or small progression.
The idea would be to focus our attention on one thing, learn more about the synth/app and push us to learn it a bit more.
With so many options sometimes it is good to slow down and enjoy one you've been sleeping on and put it and yourself to the test.

I would vote that even tho the challenge is to use just one app, we could still use effects as well, perhaps a limit, and a host app as well, that's pretty much required 😁

Post final results in the current thread

One synth challenge
  1. Are you interested35 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%
  2. How often35 votes
    1. Weekly
      48.57%
    2. Monthly
      51.43%

Comments

• edited June 2019

Literally had this exact idea a week ago. Except maybe a handful of apps (including effects)

• The people who voted for weekly are obviously ANIMALS.

• @DCJ said:
    The people who voted for weekly are obviously ANIMALS.

Haha I did, things tend to die when they don't happen weekly or bi weekly, can skip participation here n there of course
    But it can be a lot I hear you there.

• @mjcouche said:
    Literally had this exact idea a week ago. Except maybe a handful of apps (including effects)

we could pull that off, choose one app everyone uses then too could add in say 2 extras plus effects ?

• @reasOne out of curiosity, what is the synth that is on the iPad via your profile picture?

• @rarien said:
    @reasOne out of curiosity, what is the synth that is on the iPad via your profile picture?

That’s Layr. Isn’t she pretty?!

• I prefer weekly because it encourages more spontaneous and fun low pressure projects. If I have a month I feel pressure to (over)work it way more than I probably should, then over time I lose interest in the challenges in general.

• edited June 2019

Let’s do it.

Maybe specify the following:
    Key
    Scale
    BPM
    So we can then remix with the produced pieces of golden wonder🤪

• So... how is it managed? Who comes up with themes week to week etc?

• @rarien said:
    @reasOne out of curiosity, what is the synth that is on the iPad via your profile picture?

@DCJ said:

@rarien said:

That’s Layr. Isn’t she pretty?!

Yes the mighty layr!##

@AudioGus said:
    I prefer weekly because it encourages more spontaneous and fun low pressure projects. If I have a month I feel pressure to (over)work it way more than I probably should, then over time I lose interest in the challenges in general.

Same here brother

@echoopera said:
    Let’s do it.

Key
    Scale
    BPM

I'm down!

• edited June 2019

@echoopera said:
    Let’s do it.

>

Key
    Scale
    BPM

i could see that being one challenge with the following one to be ‘make a remix of the previous entries’ but not every one.

• @AudioGus said:
    So... how is it managed? Who comes up with themes week to week etc?

I'll kick off week one tomorrow...
    Then anyone can pick the next while we chatted in the weekly posts...
    If no one does, I'll do er again!

The post shall be named...???

I don't know we need a cool title

• @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:
    So... how is it managed? Who comes up with themes week to week etc?

I'll kick off week one tomorrow...
    Then anyone can pick the next while we chatted in the weekly posts...
    If no one does, I'll do er again!

The post shall be named...???

I don't know we need a cool title

Sweet! Kick it!

• @AudioGus said:
    I prefer weekly because it encourages more spontaneous and fun low pressure projects. If I have a month I feel pressure to (over)work it way more than I probably should, then over time I lose interest in the challenges in general.

Ok that’s actually a great point. I change my vote!!!

• Compromise? BiWeekly, just throwing it out there so those with little time can play catch up.

• edited June 2019

@audiblevideo said:
    Compromise? BiWeekly, just throwing it out there so those with little time can play catch up.

In my mind the challenges should simply accumulate and not have a deadline. People could post submissions any time for any challenge and as often as they like. The challenges simply would offer a focus / context. I like the idea of checking them off over time. This also works for me because I may not have the app yet for a given challenge too and would not want to miss out as the challenge period expires. So peoples soundcloud or youtube posts would be something like ‘AB Forum Challenge #12’.

?

• great idea - I’m in!

• Hey mates. Would this mean one instance of one synth, or multiple instances of one synth in a host app? :)

• I’m thinking it’s got to be a synth/noisemaker and as many instances of it as you want. Means we’d only do AU which is totally fine by me.

Unless some of you weirdos like bouncing IAA tracks ad Infinitum. :D

• I agree @AudioGus and if it takes longer than a week to post a submission that's ight no one will go to the penalty box this time! Lol
    However In order to post a challenge weekly or bi weekly is good to keep it rolling

@jwmmakerofmusic ya multiple instances are coo, effects and a host as well, kinda need those things to work on iOS

• @reasOne said:
    I agree @AudioGus and if it takes longer than a week to post a submission that's ight no one will go to the penalty box this time! Lol
    However In order to post a challenge weekly or bi weekly is good to keep it rolling

@jwmmakerofmusic ya multiple instances are coo, effects and a host as well, kinda need those things to work on iOS

NICE! I'm totally in. :)

• Does everyone have sunrizer?
    If so let's start there, it's an iOS classic and auv3 so I assume most have picked it up? And it's a pretty easy starter, we'll get more challenging down the line
    If so well kick off tomorrow with it and I'll post up!

• I don’t have it but now I have a reason to! ;)

• @reasOne said:
    Does everyone have sunrizer?
    If so let's start there, it's an iOS classic and auv3 so I assume most have picked it up? And it's a pretty easy starter, we'll get more challenging down the line
    If so well kick off tomorrow with it and I'll post up!

That’s a good start for sure. I’m in ;)

• (whispers quietly not wanting to disrupt a great idea as it stands but...)
    ...at some point app integration would be cool (after the basics) 🤫🤭

i.e. various ways of EQ or filtering (if the synth doesn't have a good one etc) a noisemaker

Alrighty, Sunriser! Woot!

• @audiblevideo said:
    (whispers quietly not wanting to disrupt a great idea as it stands but...)
    ...at some point app integration would be cool (after the basics) 🤫🤭

i.e. various ways of EQ or filtering (if the synth doesn't have a good one etc) a noisemaker

Alrighty, Sunriser! Woot!

Hey we can always add twists and turns as we go! I'm with it

• @AudioGus said:
    I don’t have it but now I have a reason to! ;)

It's my fav synth as well so it was easy to pick for me... LOL
    Plus it's older, we can still choose another?

• @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

I know we are going to use this to justify buying apps... :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:

@reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

I know we are going to use this to justify buying apps... :lol:

Hahaha man that could absolutely be true 🤣

• Does SunrizerXS count? I imagine a lot of my participation will be in transit to work etc.