Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Confirmed: iPadOS 13 includes support for USB mouse input + Xbox One- en PlayStation-controllers

edited June 2019 in Other

I make this a separate subject because there was quite a lot of discussion about it on this list

"Mouse input on the iPad works with USB mice connected to the iPad’s Lightning or USB-C port. This includes Apple’s Magic Trackpad, allowing you to navigate through iPadOS without actually touching the display. It is enabled via the Accessibility menu in the iPadOS Settings app."

Fresh from Mac 9 to 5
https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/03/ipados-13-includes-support-for-usb-mouse-input/

Updated with Xbox One- en PlayStation-controllers

https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/bwkglx/feature_ios_13_ps4_controller_via_bluetooth_now/

Comments

• Great news :)
    They had to do it, it only makes sense in the long run and it opens the doors for deeper software etc.

• edited June 2019

Funny how some people are excited that they can use their mouse on their iPads while others are excited that they can use their iPad via Sidecar so they don’t have to use the mouse on the Mac but can touch the iPad screen instead!!

• @ricksteruk said:
    Funny how some people are exited that they can use their mouse on their iPads while others are excited that they can use their iPad via Sidecar so they don’t have to use the mouse on the Mac but can touch the iPad screen instead!!

Both are cool.
    Sometime I want touch the screen and move elements sometimes I need more precision.

• @Jeezs said:

@ricksteruk said:
    Funny how some people are exited that they can use their mouse on their iPads while others are excited that they can use their iPad via Sidecar so they don’t have to use the mouse on the Mac but can touch the iPad screen instead!!

Both are cool.
    Sometime I want touch the screen and move elements sometimes I need more precision.

Yeah! It’s good that we get the best of both worlds now :smile:

• Yes confirmed see also Twitter discussions. And lot's of other sites. See Appleinsider:
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/06/03/new-ipados-lets-you-use-a-mouse-to-control-your-ipad-apps

This is really great news, but as @greengrocer said there were a lot of opponents on this list of this function in an older thread. I think iPadOS can become a total new competitor for MacOS.

• Seems also to work with lighting to usb dongle, so also works with older iPads. Looks like the iPad starts becoming a cheap alternative for laptops. Interesting!

• Apple need iPad Pro to compete against the laptop touch devices which have eaten away at the tablet market. There's only so much work you can do with touch.

The good news is this might mean apps like Ableton Live on iPad one day and I don't think that ever would've happened without mouse support.

• Ohhh, a wish comes true!

But BlueTooth would be required, IMHO.
    I hope so...

• @tja said:
    Ohhh, a wish comes true!

I hope so...

Nope, you can also use usb-c or lightning to usb and attach a usb mouse

• @greengrocer said:

@tja said:
    Ohhh, a wish comes true!

I hope so...

Yes, I can also use usb-c or lighning to USB to attach a keyboard.
    So, what?

I normally attach it with Bluetooth, otherwise it gets a real mess.
    Esp. when using keyboard and mouse together, which would be regular use case.

:|

• edited June 2019

@tja said:

@greengrocer said:

@tja said:
    Ohhh, a wish comes true!

I hope so...

So, what?

Would say, just use a wifi mouse or a usb hub :smile:

• edited June 2019

Mouse cursor works also with iPhone and iPod
    And also with Magic Trackpad (bluetooth) :)

Twitter link to example movie

• @mannix said:

@tja said:

@greengrocer said:

@tja said:
    Ohhh, a wish comes true!

I hope so...

So, what?

Could do.
    But for exactly that we have Bluetooth already.

• @tja said:

@mannix said:

@tja said:

@greengrocer said:

@tja said:
    Ohhh, a wish comes true!

I hope so...

So, what?

Could do.
    But for exactly that we have Bluetooth already.

Seems to work with Magic Trackpad (bluetooth). Developing...

• edited June 2019

So does this mean the powered hub I use with my iPad if I plug my laptop mouse dongle receiver in will it work under iOS 13 ? Or is that a step to far for Apple to achieve.

• Plug in USB fan is next

• Using a mouse on a ipad? I don't think that's good news at all. Most apps are now optimized for touch, not for a mouse. So I think using a mouse in some apps will feel awkard. Before you know it app developers will optimize the apps for mouse and not touch....small buttons, etc.. Gone is one of the USP's of Ios and the Ipad.

• @Andrik said:
    Using a mouse on a ipad? I don't think that's good news at all. Most apps are now optimized for touch, not for a mouse. So I think using a mouse in some apps will feel awkard. Before you know it app developers will optimize the apps for mouse and not touch....small buttons, etc.. Gone is one of the USP's of Ios and the Ipad.

I don’t think so. The majority won’t ever connect a mouse, and I’m pretty sure Apple will reject tiny controls in the store.

• @rthr said:

@Andrik said:
    Using a mouse on a ipad? I don't think that's good news at all. Most apps are now optimized for touch, not for a mouse. So I think using a mouse in some apps will feel awkard. Before you know it app developers will optimize the apps for mouse and not touch....small buttons, etc.. Gone is one of the USP's of Ios and the Ipad.

I don’t think so. The majority won’t ever connect a mouse, and I’m pretty sure Apple will reject tiny controls in the store.

Agree, the mouse will not look als cursor but as displayed as adaptive touch

Check this link

• @Andrik said:

I think these are the first steps to merge IOS and OSX.

• @bresk said:

@Andrik said:

I think these are the first steps to merge IOS and OSX.

Looks like iPadOS maybe somehow merge with MacOS and iOS is kept for the iPhones

• I think this is more todo with the new monthly subscription gaming thing.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I think this is more todo with the new monthly subscription gaming thing.

The support for Xbox One- en PlayStation-controllers is a clever move from Apple. The more powerful iOS devices get the more it will be a seriuos contender for Sony, MS and Steam.

• @rthr said:

@Andrik said:

Well, quite rightly, it’s been added for people who have difficulty in touching the screen, maybe from disability but this will clearly be built upon in the future, and why not? It just makes the device more capable. :)

There are already plenty of apps with small controls which didn’t get rejected.

If you look at the data, tablets as laptop replacements have failed and people want laptops instead. So Apple have to improve this with iPad Pro or else risk losing more sales to Surface and other hybrids.

Have to give credit to Microsoft who have really got their act together both with Windows 10 and Surface.
    Been reading that in less than six years, the Surface business has grown to roughly 20 percent of the size of Apple's entire Mac business.

Surface (and Surface go) is growing whereas Mac sales are declining, ipads too, so they have to act.

• Apparently BlueTooth Mice are supported too :)

• @Samu said:
    Apparently BlueTooth Mice are supported too :)

They are. Just tried it. You can even assign all the buttons on a multi-button mouse.

• I'm pretty pumped for 13 after watching stuffs!

• @mistercharlie said:

@Samu said:
    Apparently BlueTooth Mice are supported too :)

They are. Just tried it. You can even assign all the buttons on a multi-button mouse.

Cool, have you tried any 'IAA' apps yet?

I suspect they will work just fine so it feels like the 'hysteria' that they will suddenly die with iOS13 seems to be blown out of proportion :)

• This is definitely great news, even if just a step in the right direction. It will be excellent if apps can implement their own cursor design. I’m a huge fan of everything touch-based on iOS, but if I ever want to use an external monitor, the whole mouse input thing will be critical so i think Apple is moving in the right direction here.