Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virtual ANS 3 by Alexander Zolotov, new audio unit 😊

Comments

• Alexander is officially in AU territory. This is good.

• WHOA!:)
    this is really big.

changelog:

v3.0 (3 jun 2019):

• iOS: Audio Unit Extension (AUv3) has been added;
    • iOS: user files are now available through the Files app;
    • iOS: partial USB/Bluetooth keyboard support (no key release, no Home/End, no F1/F2/...);
    • iOS, macOS: public MIDI IN port (visible for other apps);
    • iOS: high resolution screen support;
    • iOS, Android: now any Virtual ANS compatible files (ans, jpg, png, gif, wav) can be opened from other apps (Mail, Browser, Files, etc.);
    • Android 6+: USB MIDI support;
    • Android: arm64 and x86_64 support;
    • Android 2.3 support has been dropped; now the minimum is 4.1;
    • Linux: multitouch support;
    • new mode with Polyphonic Synth and real-time parameters;
    • Settings -> MIDI Mapping: functions for assigning MIDI knobs and buttons to the Virtual ANS parameters;
    • audio export options: 44 - 192 kHz, 16-bit (default) or 32-bit (high quality interpolation, reduced noise level);
    • ability to set your own template;
    • new brushes;
    • new layering mode - "Lighten Only": each pixel of the current layer is compared with the pixel of the lower layer, then the brightest one is selected from them;
    • new layering mode - "Darken Only": each pixel of the current layer is compared with the pixel of the lower layer, then the darkest one is selected from them;
    • palette selection options have been added to the Visualization settings;
    • max pixels per beat has been increased to 256;
    • any number of notes per octave is possible now (for the pitch keyboard);
    • double click (or right mouse button click) on any parameter opens a text input dialog to enter the exact value;
    • new recording mode - "from ANS to Audio File";
    • new parameter: Settings -> Sound Quality -> "Rec.Resolution (rhythm...melody)" (-100 - high time resolution; 0 - optimal mode; 100 - high frequency resolution);
    • improved export of PhonoPaper codes of any length;
    • new buttons in the Navigation mode: "Center" and "Fit to screen";
    • new functions in the Selection menu: "Make a Loop", "Save Selection to the ANS file";
    • new effects (Selection -> Effects): Posterize (reduce the number of colors), Edge Detect;
    • UP/DOWN shortcuts can now also move the view (in all modes, except the selection mode);
    • alternative shortcuts to decrease/increase octave: SHIFT + "-" / SHIFT + "+";
    • new shortcut: SHIFT + C - center the view;
    • new shortcut: SHIFT + F - make the sonogram fit to screen;
    • new shortcut: SHIFT + T - load template;
    • many interface improvements;
    • bug fixes.
  • Cool I owned the original was expecting a update to the app but this looks like a new beast totally, I’m cool with that.

• Tried creating a project in standalone not showing up when I load as a AUv3 inside AUM not sure if I’m missing something or the 2 modes are totally separate?

• Instabuy! Will try the app on my way to the office 🙂

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Cool I owned the original was expecting a update to the app but this looks like a new beast totally, I’m cool with that.

is it a seperate buy to the original one?

• edited June 2019

@stevebeast said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Cool I owned the original was expecting a update to the app but this looks like a new beast totally, I’m cool with that.

@stevebeast Yes appears to be £5.99 UK I didn’t have the original loaded on my iPad but don’t think that would make a difference. The original standalone and IAA version has disappeared from the App Store !

• @Jumpercollins said:

@stevebeast said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@stevebeast Yes appears to be £5.99 UK I didn’t have the original loaded on my iPad but don’t think that would make a difference. The original standalone and IAA version has disappeared from the App Store !

ok,thanks for the quick reply

• Has anyone who’s got it yet found a way to sync the apps transport stop start etc to a hosts transport can’t find any options under settings?

• Jumpercollins:

"Start and Stop sync will be implemented later :)
    Now there are two ways:
    1) you can just send some MIDI notes to the synth, and the sonogram
    will play like a sample;
    2) there are the Play and Stop parameters - you can automate it or
    link to some MIDI controllers."

• @waka_x said:
    Jumpercollins:

"Start and Stop sync will be implemented later :)
    Now there are two ways:
    1) you can just send some MIDI notes to the synth, and the sonogram
    will play like a sample;
    2) there are the Play and Stop parameters - you can automate it or
    link to some MIDI controllers."

@wako cheers yes just been talking to the dev online. He plans to add project sharing between standalone and AU also in the next update.

• Nice, and Snuvox AU comes one step closer :)
    Great demo track too.

• Just been chatting to the dev what a great guy. He confirmed this is a new app not a update so that’s why it’s been priced again. He even offered me a promo code. Said I was happy to support his work as brought earlier anyway. Hopefully SunVox next.

• New @Nightradio 's Virtual ANS 3 as polyphonic sampler/resynthesizer now:)
    The only sampler I know that allows editing the spectrum of sound WHILE playing it!
    this is so so creative. put a chord on hold and edit your sound!:)

• Sold (again) to help fund future dev, etc.

• I was so happy to see this was in the pipeline and it more than meets with my expectations. The original was fun to experiment with but it's now so much more useful. I picked it up on the way to work though so I've only had ten minutes with it. Really looking forward to giving it thorough test tonight.

• I love it, the original was fun but this is now a great production tool. :)
    It's quite intensive on cpu. For me in AUM anyway, will check AB3 and apeMatrix later

• Very nice playground. Thanks for the app!

• 2 videos by the maker (Alex):

• @Carnbot said:
    Nice, and Snuvox AU comes one step closer :)
    Great demo track too.

SNUvox <–– the new Alexander Z app ;)

• I have loved this app since its release, such a great ethereal sound! I'm not usually thrilled about paying for an app again, but at only $5.99 it's no real skin off my back, especially considering how much I enjoyed it in the past and my respect for Alexander's work -- maybe this means Master Record will gain AUv3 support in the future? I'd re-buy that if needed!

• @aquasloth said:
    I have loved this app since its release, such a great ethereal sound! I'm not usually thrilled about paying for an app again, but at only $5.99 it's no real skin off my back, especially considering how much I enjoyed it in the past and my respect for Alexander's work -- maybe this means Master Record will gain AUv3 support in the future? I'd re-buy that if needed!

Master Record is from Igor Vasiliev. But that would be nice indeed!

• @senhorlampada said:

@aquasloth said:
    I have loved this app since its release, such a great ethereal sound! I'm not usually thrilled about paying for an app again, but at only $5.99 it's no real skin off my back, especially considering how much I enjoyed it in the past and my respect for Alexander's work -- maybe this means Master Record will gain AUv3 support in the future? I'd re-buy that if needed!

Master Record is from Igor Vasiliev. But that would be nice indeed!

PFFFFFFF, you're right, lol.

• This seems to do a lot that ANS 2.0 couldn't do. Interesting.

• Ahhhh this is almost getting to be ios’ version Of iris2 INSTABUY

• Really great to see the new and improved version of ANS with AUv3 support.