Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OctaTrack Alternatives:

2»

Comments

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:
    mpc live+model samples makes a great mocktatrack
    more accessible while retaining the core

Nice play

A tip a friend of mine gave re: using the MPC Live as an OT replacement is that it works great with a small USB fader plugged right in , you can do some octatracky stuff with that and some clever midi larnin

Very good info!

• @GovernorSilver said:
    I bought my Octatrack to use as a looper, after hearing several Soundcloud tracks posted by a guitarist who was using one. The sequencer was more of an annoyance to put up with than an essential part of my music-making. Needless to say, my motivations/inspiration was quite different from the OP's.

So you like it then?

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    What about djs1000 or Force?
    For me octa, mpclive, Force and djs1000 are the nearest things to Ableton in a box.

Dean at Electsounds not digging Force by his response to me...seems to in a box ironically as it is not in a box well I guess it is in a way...WTF

LOL

• edited May 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I bought my Octatrack to use as a looper, after hearing several Soundcloud tracks posted by a guitarist who was using one. The sequencer was more of an annoyance to put up with than an essential part of my music-making. Needless to say, my motivations/inspiration was quite different from the OP's.

So you like it then?

I like it. I'm not sure you will though.

A lot of my fun on it has been looping my string instruments with it, then resampling from the loops and wreaking all kinds of havoc w/ the audio mangling. Whereas I guess you're just looking for a sampling drum machine or something? It's not the first product I'd recommend if you're just looking to make quick beats w/ drums, bass line... the usual stuff.

I plan to dig into it's Arranger feature, which is the OT's "song mode", as my next area of study. This is more of a "well, I already have this thing, let's see what else I can do with it" kind of thing.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, do you care if your hypothetical groove box has a song mode? Elektron boxes priced at the Analog Four level and higher have it. The cheaper ones don't.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    What about djs1000 or Force?
    For me octa, mpclive, Force and djs1000 are the nearest things to Ableton in a box.

Dean at Electsounds not digging Force by his response to me...seems to in a box ironically as it is not in a box well I guess it is in a way...WTF

LOL

I didn’t understand... but glad to see you enjoying :V

• @kobamoto said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:
    mpc live+model samples makes a great mocktatrack
    more accessible while retaining the core

Nice play

A tip a friend of mine gave re: using the MPC Live as an OT replacement is that it works great with a small USB fader plugged right in , you can do some octatracky stuff with that and some clever midi larnin

sweet tip, have any recommendations?

@kobamoto I’ll have to hit my bud up and see what his specifics were. .... and 5 mins later I send him message. I’ll let u know when/if he gets back to me about da kine