Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodStepper from Woodmans Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio is out.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1464904963

Seems to have a lot going for it Audio and midi.

MOOG lowpass filter!

Comments

• Looks rad! Wanna see it in action

• Hmm...got to find out if it’s auv3. If so, instabuy, if not, well, not an instabuy 😇

• I can’t find any info about the app, so don’t know if it’s auv3 or not. If anyone knows, I’d appreciate the heads up. Cheers.

• If it's audio can it be used as a looper ?

• @audio_DT said:
    I can’t find any info about the app, so don’t know if it’s auv3 or not. If anyone knows, I’d appreciate the heads up. Cheers.

The word on the street is it's AUv3 like the rest of his apps and universal according to the AU3 group on FB. Been trying to download it but typically sat on a train vwith limited WiFi options!

• Thanks to Paul for spotting this one !

• McDMcD
    edited May 2019

From the User's Manual:

The WoodStepper app supports IAA (Inter App Audio) which allows audio host apps (supporting IAA) to use the WoodStepper. Without a host app the use case for the WoodStepper standalone app could be to use your iOS device as a “hardware compressor” sending and receiving audio via the mic/headphone connector or via some audio docking station.
    The WoodStepper app also contains the AUv3 audio unit plugin. Host apps using the AUv3 plugin will present the WoodStepper UI in their own window which usually can be resized. The WoodStepper UI will scale to follow the resizing.

They should add these features to the iTunes Page to capture more sales at launch. I'm looking forward to hearing some demos.

• First I’m hearing about this devs plugins. Do they bring anything significant to the table vs other plugins on the market? I have no doubt they’re high quality, just trying to be more selective these days since I have so many AUV3 already.

• @ZenEagle said:
    First I’m hearing about this devs plugins. Do they bring anything significant to the table vs other plugins on the market? I have no doubt they’re high quality, just trying to be more selective these days since I have so many AUV3 already.

Check out Thesoundtestroom videos he reviewed all of Mr Woods apps !

• @McD said:
    From the User's Manual:

The WoodStepper app supports IAA (Inter App Audio) which allows audio host apps (supporting IAA) to use the WoodStepper. Without a host app the use case for the WoodStepper standalone app could be to use your iOS device as a “hardware compressor” sending and receiving audio via the mic/headphone connector or via some audio docking station.
    The WoodStepper app also contains the AUv3 audio unit plugin. Host apps using the AUv3 plugin will present the WoodStepper UI in their own window which usually can be resized. The WoodStepper UI will scale to follow the resizing.

They should add these features to the iTunes Page to capture more sales at launch. I'm looking forward to hearing some demos.

Groovy. Off to the App Store...

• @audio_DT said:

@McD said:
    From the User's Manual:

@audio_DT Waiting on your initial verdict as to what it brings to the iOS sequencer table. Heard that the audio side brings effects

• @Jumpercollins said:

@audio_DT said:

@McD said:
    From the User's Manual:

@audio_DT Waiting on your initial verdict as to what it brings to the iOS sequencer table. Heard that the audio side brings effects

I’ll let you know. Might be tomorrow, though, since I’m going to be busy this evening, I think.

• @audio_DT said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@audio_DT said:

@McD said:
    From the User's Manual:

I’ll let you know. Might be tomorrow, though, since I’m going to be busy this evening, I think.

Fair do,s enjoy you evening. Paul's posted the manual on FB so just reading through that.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@ZenEagle said:
    First I’m hearing about this devs plugins. Do they bring anything significant to the table vs other plugins on the market? I have no doubt they’re high quality, just trying to be more selective these days since I have so many AUV3 already.

Check out Thesoundtestroom videos he reviewed all of Mr Woods apps!

Woods on Woods.

• I love this guys stuff! A sequencer? Yesss

• Well I downloaded it all I can say is it’s not you traditional sequencer haven’t got a clue how to set this up ? Lots going on still trying to get it to Sequence another app !

• This is madness...I love it

• Here is a first song partly created with one AU instance of WoodStepper (4 audio streams and 4 midi streams). This is a very inspiring application. In addition, I have 2 instances of Atom and I have used all Bleass amazing apps (reverb, delay and sidekick

• I’m surprised that domain wasn’t already purchased.

• In what ways is this different from the other step sequencers out there like Quantum and StepBud?

• @espiegel123 said:
    In what ways is this different from the other step sequencers out there like Quantum and StepBud?

It is not the same approach. The app can sequence notes via an oscillator, samples via a sampler and a special mode were you can play your instrument and the sequencer will use predefined "scale" to modify what you are playing. And of course there is the possibility to midi out the notes. It will work in parallel. It is not easy to explain but it is a lot of fun to use

• @rezidue said:

I’m surprised that domain wasn’t already purchased.

:joy:

• Been playing with this overnight it’s pretty cool. First sampler sequencer combo I’ve seen along with OSC or track audio. Mix and matching you can get some crazy beats going on. Very clever ideas added to this one. It sits in the effects section of AUM but it’s a Instrument in its own right.

I’ve only just scratched the surface but well worth the money at this stage.

• hi all,
    after releasing a plugin I try to follow the forums to check if people have questions, find bugs (hopefully not :-) or have suggestions for new features. So feel free to ask ...
    Woodman

• Big up @woodman! As always, would love to see more presets to show what this thing can do.

Nice work on a very creative app. 👍

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gusgranite : tnx ! and yes next update will have a bunch more presets/demos
    @EyeOhEss : I really don't know and should check it myself ... when developing I usually try to put in all my own ideas and not to look at others to avoid being biassed towards an existing solution ... but then of course a button and a rotary are quite common :-)

Woodman