Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus feature request: show currently active destinations in MIDI receiver dialog

Sometimes I add an audio source first in the Audio screen, and later on I decide to add MIDI control to it in the MIDI screen. To do that, I have to scroll through my list of AUs, find the same plugin and select "Instance A".

@Michael could you add some way of quickly selecting the MIDI destinations I already have active as audio sources? Now that I think of it, it could also work by long pressing the audio source itself or something like that.

Thanks!

Comments

• Good ideas.

Side note ... I never scroll lists in Audiobus. I just go straight for the search box and type one or two letters.

It would also be cool if there was some way to jump to the midi destination app from the connection icon when it’s not an AU. (The other way round from what you’re asking). That might not be possible though. Just a thought.

• Great idea @jipumarino!

@wim said:
    It would also be cool if there was some way to jump to the midi destination app from the connection icon when it’s not an AU.

It's probably just me, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around this one! Could you put it another way?

• @wim said:
    Side note ... I never scroll lists in Audiobus. I just go straight for the search box and type one or two letters.

True, I do the same, but I still have to keep the “mental link” around, and if there are more than two instances I have to remember that too.

• @Michael said:
    Great idea @jipumarino!

@wim said:
    It would also be cool if there was some way to jump to the midi destination app from the connection icon when it’s not an AU.

It's probably just me, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around this one! Could you put it another way?

When there’s a midi output connection to an IAA app that can only be loaded into an audio input, I always want to tap on the midi connection and have it bring up the app. Of course, the app is right there in the top bar, so this is stupid, but because I’m so used to tapping on AUs in the output slots, I seem to think I should be able to tap on the midi connection. No big deal. Just me being me. :D

• Also it would be nice to be able to scroll left and right from MIDI to Audio to Mixer sections, by just swiping on unused sections on the screen

• Whoops, just realised I forgot to answer this. Sorry, @wim.

That's not gonna be possible I'm afraid, 'cos the Virtual MIDI bridge stuff is just that - a bridge over to the legacy Core MIDI stuff. The obvious fix is for those apps that don't support IAA MIDI to just support it, or Audiobus MIDI, or ideally AUv3.

Swiping's a good idea @silent1, but might be tricky to make it work nicely with scrolling within the individual screens. Certainly doable, but lots of other things to attend to right now.

• @Michael said:
    Whoops, just realised I forgot to answer this. Sorry, @wim.

That's not gonna be possible I'm afraid, 'cos the Virtual MIDI bridge stuff is just that - a bridge over to the legacy Core MIDI stuff. The obvious fix is for those apps that don't support IAA MIDI to just support it, or Audiobus MIDI, or ideally AUv3.

Swiping's a good idea @silent1, but might be tricky to make it work nicely with scrolling within the individual screens. Certainly doable, but lots of other things to attend to right now.

No problem, it’s just one of those tiny dumb things. The bar is always there for switching apps. No complaints! 😎

• edited June 2019

Also an option that would show the currently loaded apps ,on top of the list ,would be useful ;)

EDIT: That was exactly what the OP asking.... need coffee!