Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8 update due?

Isn’t it that time of year the Cubasis updates hit the AppStore
?

Comments

• Clickbait! Oh God I was foaming at the mouth when I hit this thread all ready to go.. :#

• edited May 2019

@NoiseHorse said:
    Clickbait! Oh God I was foaming at the mouth when I hit this thread all ready to go.. :#. 🤣

Just wondering what they will have in the next update from the rumour mill? 😁

• @Nu2moro said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    Clickbait! Oh God I was foaming at the mouth when I hit this thread all ready to go.. :#. 🤣

No idea. Lets start some!

• edited May 2019

Speed adjustment of audio clips without time stretching? (Linear interpolation)
    Re-ordering AUfx?
    Ability to boost levels of an audio clip beyond 1?
    EQ/Pan/reverse per clip?
    Improved waveform display? ( stereo merged and half height)
    Clip volume adjustments and ramps effect waveform display?
    Clip volume ramp curve adjustment?
    Auto collapse / expand of selected track when zoomed out?
    Better audio editing in general?

• There's plenty of issues dragging since a few years back already so I do hope they get fixed first...

As for simple sampling it would be awesome to see the full Cubase Sampler Track in the iOS version of Cubasis together with a bit more flexible audio & midi routing not forgetting more grid options as well as non-destructive quantise (something similar to the one in GarageBand or Atom).

The MiniSampler is slowly driving me nuts as it is next to or is impossible to permanently change between pads & piano of an already saved instrument and it doesn't even remember the pad/note mappings made when the instrument is saved and there's also no way to 'update' instrument settings or even do a 'save as' on an instrument to create a new altered copy. Sometimes it feels that the MiniSampler is still in 'beta'...

Don't know maybe I'm just too picky when it comes to smaller details?!

Then again only @LFS knows when the next update will drop :)

• @AudioGus said:

@Nu2moro said:

@NoiseHorse said:

I’ve heard that they are bringing the An1x from synth book alongside a new sampler track similar to the one inside Cubase. A friend of a friend also mentioned that the mixer section is nearly ready for the Cubasis 3 version. It would have been sooner but they have been working on the upcoming Iphone GUI. 😊

• Here’s me making it up and you guys have started a wish list!

Perhaps it’s time for a rewrite of the program to accommodate all the feature requests and future proof if for a few more years. I wonder if iOS 13 is going to improve/add features that will help developers. 🤔

• @Nu2moro said:

@AudioGus said:

@Nu2moro said:

@NoiseHorse said:

I’ve heard that they are bringing the An1x from synth book alongside a new sampler track similar to the one inside Cubase. A friend of a friend also mentioned that the mixer section is nearly ready for the Cubasis 3 version. It would have been sooner but they have been working on the upcoming Iphone GUI. 😊

Fuckin aye!

• I’ve heard that they are bringing the An1x from synth book alongside a new sampler track similar to the one inside Cubase. A friend of a friend also mentioned that the mixer section is nearly ready for the Cubasis 3 version. It would have been sooner but they have been working on the upcoming Iphone GUI. 😊

Wow what’s the source of that info? Cubasis on iPhone would solve all my problems. (Not my real life problems, but close enough).

• I wouldn't mind if they fixed bugs first before adding more features.

• edited May 2019

Microtones/Tuning plugin (from Cubase)
    Export to MP3
    -1 Karaoke mode
    Audio player with controls
    Full-blown browser with sub-folders, tags, search, sort, etc.
    iCloud sync'ing of projects, presets, etc.
    Live recording display instead of a hourglass while recording
    Fix Fade-in / Fade-out not working on some instruments
    Drum Library - ability to pick and create our own drums from across the instruments
    Chord Library - ability to assign chords to the 10 buttons and also edit them
    Tempo, Time-Signature, Note and Chord detection

• I heard from a friend of a friend that Cubasis 2.8 will run on the Apple Watch .

• @ecou said:
    I heard from a friend of a friend that Cubasis 2.8 will run on the Apple Watch .

🤣

• Lars told me they are working on the update.
    In his words
    “ we are working on the update. it won’t take long. Regular update with few new features “

Maybe they are just waiting on iOS 13 beta to drop so they can make Cubasis work with the new firmware and then release it

• @Paa89 said:
    Lars told me they are working on the update.
    In his words
    “ we are working on the update. it won’t take long. Regular update with few new features “

Maybe they are just waiting on iOS 13 beta to drop so they can make Cubasis work with the new firmware and then release it

That would make sense knowing how Apple tinker with the system.

• @Paa89 said:
    In his words

Ah. Language! 'few new features' from the tongue of a native means not many, but with the source a second language person who is missing an 'a' (perhaps) there remains hope :)

• Real sample editing on the timeline , unquantised Like an actual Daw. Everything else is fluff when you can’t even edit a sample properly.

• @AVX said:
    Real sample editing on the timeline , unquantised Like an actual Daw. Everything else is fluff when you can’t even edit a sample properly.

Why would they, they don’t wanna cannibalize Cubase .

• Tracker interface. No more AU3 support - VST3 only.

• edited May 2019

Contakt library inapps.

• @Telstar5 said:

@AVX said:
    Real sample editing on the timeline , unquantised Like an actual Daw. Everything else is fluff when you can’t even edit a sample properly.

Why would they, they don’t wanna cannibalize Cubase .

Développer will have to realise at one point that mobile is the future. This notion of not offering feature because you don’t want to take away from the pc is not benefiting them in the long run.

Yes we are a small tribe but it is growing constantly.

• edited May 2019

@ecou : Wishful thinking my friend. From your mouth to Lar’s ears lol

• @Telstar5 said:
    @ecou : Wishful thinking my friend. From your mouth to Lar’s ears lol

Just a joke! It would be a nightmare to use.

• @rs2000 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they fixed bugs first before adding more features.

Functional Midi clock & Midi resolution higher than 48ppq (popcorns per quarter)

• Cubasis could benefit from UI tweaks. I'd like it if we could move those tool icons about, eg. right side of screen instead of left, bottom instead of top, etc. for sequencing.

• edited May 2019

All we need is
    1. Send tracks.( real one).
    2. Better file management.
    3. Audio Glue.
    4. internal midi route.
    5. Tempo change
    6. Grid triplets
    7. Audio Quantisation (wrap)

In regards to side chain, 4pockets compressorfx and woodpressor have filled the gap.
    In regards to piano roll with scale, ghost notes, Atom has filled the gap and I’m sure the developer might add more future features.

In regards to mini sampler, we have some more advanced samplers, AudioLayer (if the developers decided to make it stable)
    And the more stable Sampler from 4pockets
    BeatHawk, Vatanator (if the developers decided to make it less confusing when using as AUv3) and others.Unless mini sampler gets features that beats the others.

But unfortunately I don’t think we are getting none of the above in this update.
    They might add new classic Machines 😂😂😂
    As long as they make the app more stable and work with LayR and BeatHawk 😂😂, I’m cool to have patience and wait till they add the features above.

• @AudioGus said:
    Speed adjustment of audio clips without time stretching? (Linear interpolation)
    Re-ordering AUfx?
    Ability to boost levels of an audio clip beyond 1?
    EQ/Pan/reverse per clip?
    Improved waveform display? ( stereo merged and half height)
    Clip volume adjustments and ramps effect waveform display?
    Clip volume ramp curve adjustment?
    Auto collapse / expand of selected track when zoomed out?
    Better audio editing in general?

Plus 1 for the Auto collapse of track.
    They could just simply add a magnifying glass 🔍 icon next to the track name in the inspector.
    Tap that To expand the track.so we don’t have to zoom in all tracks to edit just one.
    N-Track did a good job on that.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Paa89 said:
    In his words

Ah. Language! 'few new features' from the tongue of a native means not many, but with the source a second language person who is missing an 'a' (perhaps) there remains hope :)

If you check the Cubasis web site @Lars responds that this update will have “a few new features “
    The “A” is definitely in the quote. Maybe it wasn’t and Lars later added it. No idea. I guess we’ll find out when the “it won’t take long” is here.

• Soon... :)

• @ecou said:
    I heard from a friend of a friend that Cubasis 2.8 will run on the Apple Watch .

Good one... :D