Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton 10.1 released

edited May 2019 in Other

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/live-10-1-is-here/

Live 10.1 adds:

User wavetables: Extend the capabilities of Wavetable’s oscillator section by importing your own wavetables or samples from your library into the device.

Channel EQ: A flexible and simple EQ with curves and gain ranges suitable for a variety of audio material. The shape of the filters adapts based on how controls are set to always provide musical results.

Delay: Combines Simple Delay and Ping Pong Delay and adds feature upgrades. Ping pong behavior, as well as Jump, Fade-In and Pitch controls from those devices are all accessed from the front panel.

New automation features: Choose from a new palette of automation shapes, stretch and skew automation and enter precise values with your numerical keyboard. Get easier access to clip modulation in Session View. Live now also simplifies complex automation into C- and S-shapes for easier editing.

Improvements to zooming and scrolling: :) :) :) Live 10.1 makes switching between detailed views and big-picture editing faster with streamlined keyboard shortcuts, pinch zooming on compatible computers, a resizable Arrangement Overview window, and more. :) :) :)

Also new in Live 10.1:
Freeze tracks that contain sidechain routing.

Export single tracks and groups with return and master effects applied.

Use your VST3 plug-ins in Live.

Comments

• edited May 2019

@jigglypuff said:
    https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/live-10-1-is-here/

Improvements to zooming and scrolling: :) :) :) Live 10.1 makes switching between detailed views and big-picture editing faster with streamlined keyboard shortcuts, pinch zooming on compatible computers, a resizable Arrangement Overview window, and more. :) :) :)

I totally agree with your multiple smileys for the pinch zooming :smile: :smile:

Funny how proper user controls are more important for everyday use than all the fancy stuff.

• The new zoom shortcut keys are nice too, even if you're not a pincher :)

• just keeps getting better

• Loving Ableton 10. Discovered the Max MIDI fx today...

• edited May 2019

These look really useful. Automation shapes. <3

• Do I have to download whole Ableton and install to update it?

• edited May 2019

Auto update didn't work for me. Must have missed some of the incremental updates inbetween (10.0 ..). So I had to download the whole thing again. Looks good so far.

From the Ableton page:
    "Updates are only applied incrementally. Therefore if you want to update from, eg. 10.0.1 to 10.0.6, it will need to update incrementally from 10.0.1, to 10.0.2, to 10.0.3 and so on. In this case it's easier to simply download the latest version and update manually."

• edited May 2019

Actually excited by Channel EQ. Perfect for mapping to midi controller for mixer / parametric style setup.

• Yup pinch zooming is so smooth on the macbook. They really nailed it.

• The custom wave tables update looks really interesting:

• edited May 2019

Any other Touchable Pro users out there having problems?

I’ve updated both the macs I use for Ableton to 10.1 and now Touchable on my iPad will not connect to them.

I guess the touchable server on Mac (and probably PC) will need an update to cope with 10.1

EDIT - False alarm.. it magically seems to work now. I think I just needed to reboot touchable on my iPad.

• Need to get the Suite version at some point if you own the standard this update doesn't bring a lot.

• edited May 2019

I'm most excited about modulation, in addition to automation B)

• edited May 2019

Automation like this in Atom's piano roll would be epic. Hint @blueveek :smiley:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

Hugely improved for touch screens, also with vst 3 scaling windows. :)
    Really hope they add scalable session view next though.

• The competition between Ableton and Bitwig is elevating both platforms beautifully.

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ableton Live is 25% off til Tuesday :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Ableton Live is 25% off til Tuesday :)

Is this pretty much their best deal, or do they discount deeper at other times of year?

• @jjkjjk said:

@Carnbot said:

Is this pretty much their best deal, or do they discount deeper at other times of year?

Pretty much, they occasionally do 30% off but that seems pretty rare these days, can't remember the last time that happened.

• @Carnbot said:

@jjkjjk said:

@Carnbot said:

Pretty much, they occasionally do 30% off but that seems pretty rare these days, can't remember the last time that happened.

Thanks!

• @Carnbot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear - you know you want to...

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

Did. :)

Had to.

Blame you entirely.

Same day I fell for the Kontact 50% off deal. It's not the Ultimate, but it's still going to take me an age just to figure out what the hell I've actually got here and that's BEFORE I even open up Ableton itself :) I don't know whether I'm going to be writing a lot of songs this summer (hope so), but I'll definitely be playing a lot of music....if only because there's no money left for going to the pictures :) ....

• edited June 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

Did. :)

Had to.

Blame you entirely.

Same day I fell for the Kontact 50% off deal. It's not the Ultimate, but it's still going to take me an age just to figure out what the hell I've actually got here and that's BEFORE I even open up Ableton itself :) I don't know whether I'm going to be writing a lot of songs this summer (hope so), but I'll definitely be playing a lot of music....if only because there's no money left for going to the pictures :) ....

There’s at least a years worth of pure enjoyment and constant discovery there Boss, think of the money you’ll save on apps!

Talking of money, I didn’t know about the NI sale, so you may have extracted some revenge there...

• Just bought the upgrade from Standard... 224 euros... I am now legal... :D

• At 50% of upgrade to ultimate 12 collector's edition, NI sale is worth it for me, unlike Arturia's recent upgrade pricing. For Ableton, I recommend looking for a deal with Push, you pay more but get more in long run.

• Yeah man I wish Ableton would do more discounts on the Push. It’s been out for a while. I’ve w2nted one forever but $1000CAD is tough to swallow for a controller
    I guess a cheap push1 is always alternative. I don’t see too many of the Push2 on Craigslist sadly.

• As soon as I buy a push 2 the 3 roll come out lol I keep holding out

• edited June 2019

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Yeah man I wish Ableton would do more discounts on the Push. It’s been out for a while. I’ve w2nted one forever but $1000CAD is tough to swallow for a controller
    I guess a cheap push1 is always alternative. I don’t see too many of the Push2 on Craigslist sadly.

Yeah I quite fancy one too. In the meantime though, my Launchkey keyboard is doing a decent job with it - you can trigger clips via the pads, move faders via the 8 sliders, and the knobs automatically map to the device in focus. You can even move things around in the sample editor using the knobs.