Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Finally, been waiting months for this one :)

• Seems to be completely free unless I'm missing something :)
    No Ableton Link or IAA or anything though I don't think.

• edited May 2019

Overview videos. Nice that you can play your tracks like an instrument:

• edited May 2019

I’m a big fan of, Rugoso’s app, DJDJ. I think the interface throws people off? Easily the most functionality and stability I’ve found in any DJDJ app so far. It doesn’t discriminate file formats, import from everywhere including AudioShare. Link enable. It’s a great secret weapon production tool. It’s good. I’ve been messing around this morning with Traktor 2 and instantly clicked with the interface. It’s good. I absolutely loathe T1. What a piece of crap. Too bad we can’t import our own tracks, or at least I haven’t figured it out yet. I’m not cool with subscription models for these types of apps so I’d say the interface is great but it seems once again super limited in way of import and that for me is a deal breaker. If anyone know more about getting files in there please let me know. I’ll look into this thing more a little later.

• omg looks like they fixed the beat grid setting!

• Looks like it only support SoundCloud Go, not Spotify or Apple Music. :(

• @Morgman73 said:
    I’m a big fan of, Rugoso’s app, DJDJ. I think the interface throws people off? Easily the most functionality and stability I’ve found in any DJDJ app so far. It doesn’t discriminate file formats, import from everywhere including AudioShare. Link enable. It’s a great secret weapon production tool. It’s good. I’ve been messing around this morning with Traktor 2 and instantly clicked with the interface. It’s good. I absolutely loathe T1. What a piece of crap. Too bad we can’t import are own tracks, or at least I haven’t figured it out yet. I’m not cool with subscription models for these types of apps so I’d say the interface is great but it seems once again super limited in way of import and that for me is a deal breaker. If anyone know more about getting files in there please let me know. I’ll look into this thing more a little later.

Agreed. They want to know how to make the app better? More import options including network attached storage

• edited May 2019

They removed all the power features. The app has no settings or preferences.

For about 60 seconds (the time it took me to find the app on the appstore - NOT KIDDING) I was excited about what this might do. Now I’m deflated.

I think they should have changed its name to Soundcloud GO Party Mixer

• It's not universal any more.

• This is fucking sick....

• Good sick, or bad sick?

• The only downside for me now is that there's no way to record your dj sets internally anymore, and it doesn't show up in Audiobus or AudioShare anymore. Otherwise it's a nice update that seems to be working great here, plays well with the Z1 too.

• Good sick... 😂

• Just my initial impression is that this feels like V1 and the one that came out a few years ago seems like V2. By that I mean that it seems like the entire app had more features on the previous version. I’m still sitting down to really dig into it, but at first glance, that’s my take so far.

• No iPhone 🤔

• Really liking the new layouts, being able to have my cues front and center all the time is soooo much better. Interacting with the waveforms feels a lot smoother and quicker now, navigating and setting loop points is much more fluid. I like the new effects integration with the Z1 too, though a few more effects wouldn't hurt.

So far the only issues I've run into is it not seeing all my artwork, and a few times it was playing a track too fast or slow even though it had figured out the correct tempo and grids. Restart fixed that.

• edited May 2019

Oh, I should add it's a bit annoying they didn't give us anyway to transfer our cues and loop points from the previous version of Traktor DJ. Kind of annoying have to set those all again.

• edited May 2019

I really like NI desktop stuff, or at least when I was first introduced to them a billion years ago. Battery, FM7,8, the original Reaktor!!!! Man a company that can build anything they would like, code whatever with super talent in the coding department, it just makes me sad. Not angry just defeated. What a load of shit. NI I’m still a fan but this sucks. Why tease when you could seriously make people happy? I guess I’m not a business minded....... consumer. Hey the UI looks light years better. I’ll give it that. Geeeeez. I need to track down my post about, Regoso’s app. I’m not going to tell anyone why I am so behind that app because it would take way too long to write the pros and reasons I like it so much. Too bad NI doesn’t think that having all the necessities in a mixing is important. Whatever.

• I was hyped for this new Traktor iOS app, I even decided to go for Traktor S2 MKIII because of it. I am not sure if they plan to make it universal and to solve the import of your own music, because now this app really makes no sense to me, unless they bought shares of Soundcloud and want to improve their business, not NI's...
    I am still using Macbook and Traktor Pro 3 for DJing, I was experimenting with DJ Player Pro which is currently the best on iOS, but really pricey if I want to use it as a secondary DJing solution, not the primary one...
    If they had made the app universal and synchronize the library with desktop Traktor Pro, that would be a dream. Imagine just grabbing your controller and being able to play a set on a house party or wherever you are. You always have the phone in your pocket, the only thing you need except of the controller is some "brain" with software and your library.
    If you want some serious set, of course, take your laptop. But for occasional small parties, I don't mind using just a simplified software and the controller. Anyway the functions that are already there are even more than traditional vinyl DJs use - faders, EQs and play/stop/sync is all they do, so I wonder why they tend to market it to amateurs and occasional DJs, like professional don't like portability and ease of use too...

• edited May 2019

Unless you sync your iPad to iTunes via PC/MAC this is just about useless. Soundcloud Go+ @ $9.99/month is insulting. I see why they released this for "free".

On the topic of SCG+, let me get this straight, I create my own music and upload it to Soundcloud. Then, if I want to stream MY OWN SC MUSIC in Traktor on my iPad, I have to pay $9.99 a month? :o

• Why not just sync via iTunes the way Apple intends, then your problems are solved?

• Maybe this might be good for some people. This has no place in my workflow. The only workflow available for this is, well, a nonexistent one. Unbelievable.

• On the topic of SCG+, let me get this straight, I create my own music and upload it to Soundcloud. Then, if I want to stream MY OWN SC MUSIC in Traktor on my iPad, I have to pay $9.99 a month? :open_mouth:

Dying business, thats why. They got their user base by being nice and giving stuff away. Now they need money the only thing they can think to do is gouge the users. It won't work.
    Dropbox are the same. The big problem is that they are losing trust: if I were a top tier user with either I wouldn't trust them not to go belly up and lose all my data - and that trust is the main reason why I'd pay in the first place.

• @Tarekith said:
    Why not just sync via iTunes the way Apple intends, then your problems are solved?

I have not had a need to sync my iPad to iTunes since I bought it. I'm certainly not going to start doing that now just to use my own music in Traktor... that's just a bridge too far and a hurdle too high.

Why not allow direct import from the local iPad file system like just about every other music app?

How uncivilized.

• Predictably underwhelming

• No files app is a let down. Gonna try importing from my Mac Pro via iFunbox has anyone tried this?

• Installed - Deleted.

• Sorry to bump this older thread but is there no longer ANY Traktor for iPhone? I used to love the iPhone version. I still don’t understand why a developer won’t make an iPhone version and only focus on iPad when part of the appeal for me at least is the ability to tinker on my iPhone when I’m taking a crapper (yeah I said it) Otherwise I’ll just use my actual laptop for any serious stuff.

Sucks