Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Thanks, purchased. :)

• Does it include AUv3 support?
    (It was supposed to but no mention in the app description?!).

• @Samu said:
    Does it include AUv3 support?
    (It was supposed to but no mention in the app description?!).

Yes, it include auv3 support :)

• Might want to wait a while:

• UI problems in AUM too:

• @White said:
    UI problems in AUM too:

What about if you double tap on the window title to max it out?

I do feel that part of the layout problems are due to the fact the the 'back ground' is a bitmap and the knobs are placed on a grid that differs in size depending on the current window size.

What about fullscreen view in Cubasis or BM3 or maybe even AB3 and apeMatrix?
    (I'm on an 'app-spending-diet' at the moment).

• @Samu said:

@White said:
    UI problems in AUM too:

What about if you double tap on the window title to max it out?

I do feel that part of the layout problems are due to the fact the the 'back ground' is a bitmap and the knobs are placed on a grid that differs in size depending on the current window size.

What about fullscreen view in Cubasis or BM3 or maybe even AB3 and apeMatrix?
    (I'm on an 'app-spending-diet' at the moment).

Double tap makes it look even worse:

• Ooops

So I guess this is an emulation of early-80s Oberhheim synths, mixed with early-90s VST visuals ;)

Only joking... I'm still buying it, and trust that visual quirks will get sorted quickly

• @White said:

Double tap makes it look even worse:

I guess that explains why AUv3 is not mentioned in the description.
    Hopefully the dev is already aware of the layout issues...

• Yah, def UI issues, just bought it. Any one see a way to access or import presets, now sure if that's in this v1 or not?

• edited May 2019

I expected that UI will be totally broken as AU plugin .. obviously just quick port with same bitmap based UI like desktop plugin... i hope it will be fixed soon because it sounds totally awesome, can't wait to start using it on large scale in my music :)

@Samu
    Hopefully the dev is already aware of the layout issues...

i wrote him already (with few screenshots from NS2, Cubasis and AUM) on Twitter ;)

• Sounds pretty good. Getting all kinds of stuck notes & ghost notes I didn't play though. :lol:

• Desktop version does sound good. Hope the fixes come soon as quite tempted :)

• @Carnbot Been in touch with the dev they are aware of the issues in AUv3 scaling and a fix is on its way ASAP.

• Also from the dev.

It will work fine in standalone with regular iPad and iPad mini. 12.9 iPad needs fixing as well. Usual stuff with 1.0.0 releases 😓 apologies about that.

• Is it true, no presets right now?

• @chandroji said:
    Is it true, no presets right now?

@chandroji Can’t see any any show up Ive as the question to the dev.

also the app is not listed under Apples settings app, so not sure about midi settings and background audio. You can send to it easily enough inside AUM with apps like Autony and the modulation parameters show up.

• Maybe released a bit too fast......

• Thanks a lot for confirmation @Jumpercollins ! 🙏

So I will wait for an update before buying...

• BUT IS IT DELICIOUS IN THE NOISE DEPARTMENT?

• @chandroji said:
    Is it true, no presets right now?

Settings save in GB projects but no actual presets.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    BUT IS IT DELICIOUS IN THE NOISE DEPARTMENT?

It's ok. For me it sounds good and I'll use it but it's no OBX. I don't have iSEM anymore but that is probably better from what I remember.

• I find it a little surprising that it could be released in this state? No testing showed the AU skewed this way? It’s not DAW specific either, all of them display the same. I can’t even access all the controls.

• Would be great if compatible with desktop presets as there's loads out there... but seems unlikely. But then copying the knobs position is still an option I suppose :)

• edited May 2019

@BroCoast said:
    It's ok. For me it sounds good and I'll use it but it's no OBX. I don't have iSEM anymore but that is probably better from what I remember.

i may be wrong, ut i think original Oberheim SEM was very different synth in terms of sound (different oscillators and filter circuits) than OB-X ?

Arturia's approach was to emulate SEM, this is OB-Xa...

• @dendy said:

@BroCoast said:

i may be wrong, ut i think original Oberheim SEM was very different synth in terms of sound (different oscillators and filter circuits) than OB-X ?

Yeah, actual SEM and OB synths were quite different sounding beasts. Different oscillators and different filter circuits.

OB-xa also introduced a cross modulation feature not found in earlier Oberheim synths.

• edited May 2019

@espiegel123
    OB-xa also introduced a cross modulation feature not found in earlier Oberheim synths.

Yeah, this is first thing i tried on this OB-X emulation - and it sounds absolutely fantastic. Best x-mod on iOS, period. Same league like x-mod on my Roland SE-02 analog synth, raw, aggresive, solid - exactly like xmod should sound ...

• @dendy said:

@BroCoast said:

OBX is very similar sonics to SEM. OBXA is a whole different thing, CEM machine...

I was under the impression this was a OBX emulation. Cross mod was on the OBX not the OB-XA.

• edited May 2019

It’s a pain to use on iPad 12.9 with the UI problems. apparently no presets or way to get at them if there are any, but I’ve been able to design & save quite a few patches through AUM — about the only host I’ve been able to do much in so far. (standalone is out of the question on 12.9 - no keyboard)

It sounds quite nice. Been running iSem side by side for comparison. While there are obvious similarities, OB-Xd has its own character and quirks. Quite a beastly low end with a lot of dirt in the filter.. certainly good sound design practice having to rely completely on ear.

• edited May 2019

No keyboard, no presets, no way to load/save your own presets. How are you supposed to use this.

• @mungbeans said:
    No keyboard, no presets, no way to load/save your own presets. How are you supposed to use this.

From the app description... So you just need some patience :lol:

Requirements:

MIDI keyboard is required. Virtual will arrive with future updates.

GarageBand is required to connect with a Bluetooth keyboard via Advanced Settings.

Preset management will arrive with 1.1 update. Enjoy the old school flavour of taking screen shots for now!