Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Video from FLEKSI (live looping)

Hi all, I’ve been reasonably quiet lately because I’ve been busy getting a new set ready. I have a small gig coming up on the 1st of June so my head is down working on arrangements to my new tracks.

I got so excited I’ve decided to make a short performance teaser to give you an idea. I’m intending to film the live gig thing so watch this space.

Please subscribe if you haven’t already. :)

Comments

• Needless to say my main app is Audiobus 3. No substitutes!

• Very nice

• Cool groove!

• It's so much fun to hear and see what musicians are doing with these technical capabilities.
    Thanks for posting. It makes it pretty clear that samples (and the term sampler) have many meanings and use cases for an old school type like me. I like the way you create whole sections of the song by just manipulating these visual waveforms. If it's not too much trouble could you list the major devices being used. I'm curious about your guitar pickups too.

• @supadom said:
    Needless to say my main app is Audiobus 3. No substitutes!

Amazing energy
    Cool song
    All hats off !!

• @McD said:
    It's so much fun to hear and see what musicians are doing with these technical capabilities.
    Thanks for posting. It makes it pretty clear that samples (and the term sampler) have many meanings and use cases for an old school type like me. I like the way you create whole sections of the song by just manipulating these visual waveforms. If it's not too much trouble could you list the major devices being used. I'm curious about your guitar pickups too.

Yes, you're right. These days a sampler for most folks means just one thing: 16 pad grid with some knobs. I don't get on with that kind of sampler at all. In fact, because of this I am ultra grateful for an app like Samplr, super musical and immediate, a player's app.

My set up is Audiobus 3 based and there's only 4 other apps involved:

Loopy, Samplr, Turnado and in case of this song DerVoco vocoder by @giku_beepstreet .
    It is streamlined and provides me with everything I need.

As for hardware, I use Akai EIE as an audio/midi interface and a bunch of controllers: korg nanokontrol 1, nanopad 2 and McMillen's Softstep mk 1.

The pick ups are P90's Roswell that came with the £130 Harley Benton I bought last year. My first guitar that I bought from new! I used to play squier strats but got a bit bored with them and now either use this one or a semiacoustic Stagg which I've fitted with two p90's as well. Those are Warman though.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • And here's the finished article. I think I'll need to bother the video master @JohnnyGoodyear again. @flo26 might you be interested in laying a whacky solo somewhere in there? :)

@RUST( i )K @mrcanister @McD @d4d0ug

• edited May 2019

What would you like and how would you like to work?
    I’m not used to do this kind of thing.

• @flo26 said:
    What would you like and how would you like to work?
    I’m not used to do this kind of thing.

Neither am I.:)

I guess you could put the song in your headphones have a play around and see if anything good happens. If so just record your guitar on your ipad and send the bare track over to me via Dropbox, we transfer or Google drive.

It might be a tight squeeze because as is there aren't many long sections but I guess it can be looped in software. Also it doesn't have to be a fully blown solo Santana style. No pressure though, just an idea. ;)

• @supadom said:
    And here's the finished article. I think I'll need to bother the video master @JohnnyGoodyear again. @flo26 might you be interested in laying a whacky solo somewhere in there? :)

Love the energy on this. Would like to be in the meadow (on a sunny day :)) and hear you do it live...

• @supadom it’s easy to imagine a room / club / festival hands-up dancing to this /// greatness.

• @supadom said:

@McD said:
    It's so much fun to hear and see what musicians are doing with these technical capabilities.

Yes, you're right. These days a sampler for most folks means just one thing: 16 pad grid with some knobs. I don't get on with that kind of sampler at all. In fact, because of this I am ultra grateful for an app like Samplr, super musical and immediate, a player's app.

Loopy, Samplr, Turnado and in case of this song DerVoco vocoder by @giku_beepstreet .

As for hardware, I use Akai EIE as an audio/midi interface and a bunch of controllers: korg nanokontrol 1, nanopad 2 and McMillen's Softstep mk 1.

The pick ups are P90's Roswell that came with the £130 Harley Benton I bought last year. My first guitar that I bought from new! I used to play squier strats but got a bit bored with them and now either use this one or a semiacoustic Stagg which I've fitted with two p90's as well. Those are Warman though.

Awesome details to help understand the tools used for specific results.

• edited May 2019

@McD said:

@supadom said:

@McD said:

Awesome details to help understand the tools used for specific results.

Haha, nah you can do anything with this set up: minimal, glitch, granular, grunge, you name it!

Jokes aside, I love how much variety you can get out of this set up, which can be an issue if you don't have a clear sense of direction. I have to force myself to stay within a genre (whatever that is) or I'd just spread out like crazy.

I forgot to mention that I use zoom g3xn as a amp/cab emulator and kaoss pad mini s2 to put circuit through. That's it though unless of course Drambo shows its ugly face. ;ł

• @supadom said:

Nice track!

• @Proppa said:
    @supadom it’s easy to imagine a room / club / festival hands-up dancing to this /// greatness.

That’s kind of what my ambition is, but I also see some punks pogoing and some older vintage synth lovers in the mix too! ;) Can’t have it all I guess.

• June 1! You got this.

Sounds great. If I were in your town, I would be there.

What is happening with DerVoco? I hear the chord changes on the harmonies that DerVoco is making, very tight and melodic. Did you program the MIDI chords before the song? Or does DerVoco listen and create the chords from your other loops? I’m impressed, would love to find out how to use DerVoco better.

• edited May 2019

@Hmtx said:
    June 1! You got this.

Sounds great. If I were in your town, I would be there.

What is happening with DerVoco? I hear the chord changes on the harmonies that DerVoco is making, very tight and melodic. Did you program the MIDI chords before the song? Or does DerVoco listen and create the chords from your other loops? I’m impressed, would love to find out how to use DerVoco better.

Cheers man, it never goes exactly to plan but I'll try to go relaxed and just play. It's a daytime event not a rave so it's just like a glorified rehearsal. A good experience all the same, especially for monitoring etc. I'll report back.

I have Dervoco listening to Circuit's chords via midi. So basically those midi notes trigger Dervoco's internal synth therefore you'll need to route your midi note source to Dervoco on the midi page if you're using Audiobus.

I used to fuff with vocoders in the past but never thought I'd be able to pull it off live because of it being generally tricky to set up. Maybe I just didn't clock I could just sequence the notes rather than playing them while singing.

The cool thing is that I can turn the volume up on circuit when I need it and it gives me nice backing pad. I was actually looking for a harmonizer but now I prefer voice plus vocoder blend. It works well for songs like this one where I'd need to sing several times to layer the harmonies for the chorus while this just works. Technology huh? ;)

• Sounds great. Agree that Dervoco adds an agreeable new dimension!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Sounds great. Agree that Dervoco adds an agreeable new dimension!

Yes, I find it quite agreeable too ;).

I’ll need to look into frequencies though as it seems to be fighting at lower range with bass and the guitar. I like nice and beefy guitars when on their own but once in the mix they mud things up. Same goes for the vocoder.

• @espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

Nice track!

Thank you Sir!

• @supadom said:

@Proppa said:
    @supadom it’s easy to imagine a room / club / festival hands-up dancing to this /// greatness.

That’s kind of what my ambition is, but I also see some punks pogoing and some older vintage synth lovers in the mix too! ;) Can’t have it all I guess.

Or Can you? I think you've got a shot! : )

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:
    And here's the finished article. I think I'll need to bother the video master @JohnnyGoodyear again. @flo26 might you be interested in laying a whacky solo somewhere in there? :)

Love the energy on this. Would like to be in the meadow (on a sunny day :)) and hear you do it live...

Would this one do?

https://g.co/kgs/MoT9eU

• @supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

Would this one do?

More than sufficiently skipper. I believe I got drunk on good cider and made a mess of kissing a girl there once. Do love this simple Wiki paragraph. Reminds me how normal and common the language and its place names are until you move so very far away...

The meadow runs from Jericho to Wolvercote (where north of the Shiplake Ditch it becomes Wolvercote Common) along the east (left) bank of the River Thames, with the Cotswold Line railway, the Oxford Canal and the suburb of North Oxford further to the east, and the village of Binsey to the west.

• It seems you’ve mentionned me,but i can’t see your comments😉

• @flo26 said:
    It seems you’ve mentionned me,but i can’t see your comments😉

It wasn't me but I absolutely love what you've done with the track. I hardly ever use that amount of distortion on my guitar but it blends with the track beautifully...Needless to say great playing as well. Will PM shortly. Thanks

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

Would this one do?

More than sufficiently skipper. I believe I got drunk on good cider and made a mess of kissing a girl there once. Do love this simple Wiki paragraph. Reminds me how normal and common the language and its place names are until you move so very far away...

The meadow runs from Jericho to Wolvercote (where north of the Shiplake Ditch it becomes Wolvercote Common) along the east (left) bank of the River Thames, with the Cotswold Line railway, the Oxford Canal and the suburb of North Oxford further to the east, and the village of Binsey to the west.

Girl in every port captain? ;)

Sounds to me like you're well overdue a visit.